Type keyword(s) to search

Season 9 discussion

• Start Topic

39 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

Seriously, what was Rose's thinking process?  Should I anonymously write a letter to the police that tells of Sam's secret identity and his nefarious plans or should I send a series of cryptic Bible pages to the local vicar?  Hmmm.

That really made very little sense.  The only thing I can come up with is that if Sam got off, she would be his target but if Alphy solved it, Sam wouldn't know for sure it was her.  Kind of weak logic but this isn't Miss Marple.

1 hour ago, 12catcrazy said:

I still think that the actor playing Alphy is one of the most handsome men I've ever laid eyes on!  Pardon me while I go swoon.  

I am going to miss my weekly Alphy fix.  Guess I will have to go search IMDB to find other things he has been in.  Damn, that man is fine.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
On 8/6/2024 at 12:40 PM, sugarbaker design said:

He has one gorgeous head of hair!

what's under that head of hair ain't too hard to look at either!   those eyes!!!

• Like 2
  • Love 3

I am old and only have one, mostly dormant hormone left and yet........

Every time the camera focuses on Alphy my lone hormone stands up and salutes and I head for the fainting couch!!!!!

Gadzooks the guy is fine!

• Like 7
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, kaygeeret said:

I am old and only have one, mostly dormant hormone left and yet........

Every time the camera focuses on Alphy my lone hormone stands up and salutes and I head for the fainting couch!!!!!

Gadzooks the guy is fine!

I'm in the same boat and have the same reaction, Kay.  Maybe they should send him around the nursing homes like the comfort dogs.

I was also pleasantly surprised when he said something about how moving it was to him when people gathered together to worship God.  Could we actually have a Vicar who isn't afraid to mention his religion once  in awhile?

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

I think the finale always gas to wrap things up a with a tidy bow because when they are writing and filming  the current season they don't seem to know if there will be another season. So everyone has to have a happily ever after just in case.

Why dont they put  Alphy in charge of the two congregations? The other guy is obviously a perfect fit for rising higher in the church heirarchy.  We didnt hear about Cathys job but she was a I ways dressed as if she*d come from work.

• Like 5

Just watched the season finale (yes, it took me a while due to ...reasons).  So glad they finally got Sam for the scammer (and murderer) that he was.  But, it seemed a bit too quick for Daniel to realize his renewed love for Leonard while still in the cult house.

So glad to see Dickens.  Really liked the resolution to Alfie's position of vicar and loved the final dinner party scenes.

• Like 4