Type keyword(s) to search

Love Island US, Season VI

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

What was the point of telling them to kiss the shortest boy or girl of the opposite sex?

I believe so that the Islanders in the other place (Casa or the Villa, as the case may be) will immediately know who was chosen and it might stir up drama.  All the girls know that Kordell is the shortest boy, for example.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

Serena has some nerve. Dodged Cordell foreveeeeeer than acts the most hurt when someone else shows actual interest.

Personally - I would not even want to pursue her any further after the breakfast thing. Imagine how she would handle real issues within the relationship. No thanks.

• Like 2
  • Applause 6
7 hours ago, tumamita said:

Serena has some nerve. Dodged Cordell foreveeeeeer than acts the most hurt when someone else shows actual interest.

Personally - I would not even want to pursue her any further after the breakfast thing. Imagine how she would handle real issues within the relationship. No thanks.

I think Kendall even asked Kordell, “Do you want to be in a committed relationship with someone who reacts this way?” And Miguel monologued about how Leah’s rage and aggression reminded him of the conflict-filled home he grew up in, which he was not interested in revisiting. Leah has no impulse control. She apologizes for her tantrums, but she doesn’t try to improve her behavior.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
14 hours ago, tumamita said:

Not to mention that she can't shut up and let him finish a single sentence. Talking over people is my biggest pet peeve and incredibly rude.

I wish all these contestants would have to pass a grammar and vocabulary test. If I never hear "like", "literally" and "fuck" in nearly every conversation it will be too soon. And what is so difficult about knowing when to say him/her and me or he/she and I. Don't even get me started on him/her and I's. Flames coming out my nostrils. I have added "fit" and "closed off" to my Love Islandese vernacular. 

The girls should all be taught how to apply makeup properly. I think they all look better in the morning without the spider lashes and WTF with Kaylor's lipstick? She looks like a myopic 70 year old drag queen that can't see to paint inside the lines.

I wonder how long it will take before we see Aaron join one of the Below Deck shows. Seems like a natural progression for him.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1

yeah these people are all in it for the money, I can’t think of any other reason for Kaylor and Serena to continuing to forgive the antics of these baby-men.

Sad to see Liv go, but she will do much better looking for love in the real world.  These men absolutely suck.

• Like 3

Apparently, Caine did a tiktok live last night coming across as extremely bitter. Among his claims: he was supposed to pick Liv but picked Sierra to piss off production; Aaron's in love with Rob romantically; Miguel's only with Leah for the sex; the majority of the cast smoke/vape constantly, etc.

I did find it interesting that they only gave him 5 minutes to pack & bags/say his goodbyes. It's typically 30 minutes. In any case, surprised he's not under an NDA. I do think they brought on Harrison for Liv and it sucks that she left right before he arrived.

I' equally curious why they're bringing on so many international contestants. The point of the show is to find love. That's unlikely to happen when they're so geographically incompatible. Heck, on the original version, being from Scotland/Wales/Ireland often gives pause and they're all within 8 hours of drive/ferry time from London.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, snarts said:

the majority of the cast smoke/vape constantly, etc.

Interesting! Good editing if we've never seen this. 

Also interesting that they had a little PSA during last night's After Sun about being kind and not attacking the Islanders on social media. And sharing with/reminding the audience that there is a team of experts that work with the Islanders to reacclimate them to the real world. 

Only a week of Love Island left! On After Sun, Maura implied that Love Island Games was coming back, which will be nice. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I was sorry to see Liv go, but I also couldn't imagine her with any of the remaining guys. Overall, I was very impressed with the ladies treatment towards the 3 new girls, and I love how the boys embraced the new fellow, joking about his "hotness".

I admire any man who can acknowledge another fellow's attributes without getting jealous or confrontational.

This has been one of the better seasons for participants reminding themselves what the show is about.

Bye Liv. You would have made a funny and loyal partner. 

• Like 2
(edited)

Harrison is nice looking, but I still find Rob soooo "beautiful" to look at.

He reminds me of Brad Pitt - gorgeous to look at, but his true personality or character is hidden from view. He doesn't give a lot away.

But even if I discover that he's a jerk, he's still stunning to look at. 

Edited by Chalby
  • Like 3
  • Fire 1
  • Love 1
On 7/13/2024 at 2:26 PM, snarts said:

'qually curious why they're bringing on so many international contestants. The point of the show is to find love.

I was talking to a friend about the same thing. She figures that if they're filming in Fiji, it's cheaper to bring in newbies from Australia, and surrounding areas.

I personally can't remember where Love Island is being filmed, but I agree with you that pairing Americans with overseas 'amors' is not conducive to maintaining a close relationship

• Like 2
(edited)
On 7/11/2024 at 9:25 PM, AEJ79 said:

Is Kaylor the biggest wet blanket this show has ever seen? Get some dignity girl!

They remind me of your typical high school popular couple (let's say...cheerleader and athlete) who are always caught up in some dramatic BS miscommunication about their 'love' .

Every day, their peers are fawning over, and/or behaving like yes men to whatever their complaints are. 

Edited by Chalby
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Kaylor really is irritating me.  all Aaron has to do after being a jerk is give her some dumb trinket and she melts into a puddle 🙄 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
On 7/14/2024 at 8:49 AM, ASpring1900 said:

Also interesting that they had a little PSA during last night's After Sun about being kind and not attacking the Islanders on social media. And sharing with/reminding the audience that there is a team of experts that work with the Islanders to reacclimate them to the real world. 

Yet they use "mean-tweets" as part of a competition on the show. Make it make sense!

On 7/14/2024 at 7:30 PM, Chalby said:

Bye Liv. You would have made a funny and loyal partner. 

Liv did not do good on the show because she doesn't chase men. Even when she's part of a couple, she was not touchy-feely towards her partner. She's vocal and the men find her intimidating so they don't pursue her, either.

Similarly, Rob does not chase women, but the women chase him. 

On 7/14/2024 at 9:10 PM, Chalby said:

... I still find Rob soooo "beautiful" to look at.

me too! 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

This season has been great, it would've been better had production got out the way. Why have the public vote just to manipulate the outcome. That's twice now they've saved Kaylor/Aaron and the third time saving Rob. Ridiculous.

Why can't they all get phone calls from home? Getting family input is one of the best aspects of the show. UK version flies them in. They film in Spain so obviously cheaper but still, it's typically a big part of the show. Someone has to talk some sense into Kaylor...

• Like 2

Kendall is so full of it with his “I’m falling in love and Nicole has made me feel like I never have before” 🙄 

He dumped his girlfriend to go on this show. Her name is Ariana and she was on the new Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders show on Netflix. She did a funny TikTok about him dumping her for the show and then karma of having Ariana for the host so he’d have to think about her each time she showed up.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Angry 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

I've decided Aaron's penance for being such a gaslighting douche is having to listen to Kaylor's vocal fry for the duration of their relationship. FAWWWWWWWKUH!

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

I am surprised Ariana wanted to host this. After what Sandoval put her through, hosting a show that encourages men to disrespect women? My heart would break for Kaylor. 

Also, if I were Kaylor’s mom, I would have begged her not to appear on this show.

• Like 1

I, too, think it is odd for Ariana to host. I don't watch Vanderpump, I only know her from DWTS and I would have thought she would be too classy/mature for Love Island.

I notice she is very girl-biased on the Aftersun show, though.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

In my opinion, Kordell is much more attractive than Odell Jr. He’s funnier and more interesting, too. I think if everyone worships your sibling for playing professional football, you develop other qualities that make you excel and shine. 

I enjoyed Kordell’s father the most, of all the family members’ interactions. He seemed so warm and sincere. He seems very proud of Kordell. 

Why was Kendall’s mom holding onto a bureau for dear life?

• Like 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
12 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I am surprised Ariana wanted to host this. After what Sandoval put her through, hosting a show that encourages men to disrespect women? My heart would break for Kaylor. 

Also, if I were Kaylor’s mom, I would have begged her not to appear on this show.

How does the show encourage this? No one forced Aaron to behave badly. If anything he's been continually shamed for his actions and the show ensured that Kaylor saw exactly how he moved in Casa (the video, movie night, the tweet challenge). 

Kaylor deciding to ignore all of that and stay with him is on her. If anything, her mom should've told her to have a backbone and dump him. Props to her sister for actually saying it out loud. 

The real story of this season has been the female friendships. JaNa, Leah & Serena's excitement and group hug after Serena relaying her sister's comments. Loved it. IMHO, that's what Ariana (& Maura) have championed.

Edited by snarts
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, snarts said:

How does the show encourage this? No one forced Aaron to behave badly. If anything he's been continually shamed for his actions and the show ensured that Kaylor saw exactly how he moved in Casa (the video, movie night, the tweet challenge). 

Kaylor deciding to ignore all of that and stay with him is on her. If anything, her mom should've told her to have a backbone and dump him. Props to her sister for actually saying it out loud. 

The real story of this season has been the female friendships. JaNa, Leah & Serena's excitement and group hug after Serena relaying her sister's comments. Loved it. IMHO, that's what Ariana (& Maura) have championed.

They cast a bunch of women for Casa Amor and tell them, “You have a chance to win $50,000 if you can convince these guys to couple up with you and dump the women they originally bonded with.” 

I agree that the friendships are the best thing about the show. Liv was wonderful.

• Like 3
32 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

They cast a bunch of women for Casa Amor and tell them, “You have a chance to win $50,000 if you can convince these guys to couple up with you and dump the women they originally bonded with.” 

...and they do the same thing for the women. It's an equal opportunity, level playing field. 

I, for one, would rather see how my potential partner behaves in that type of situation early on vs. fully committing only to then have them act a fool with all the public attention post show. 

Plus, its not always the men acting a fool in Casa Amor. This season, it most definitely was. 

Now if you want to blame the show for casting unattractive, uninteresting Casa Amor men this year, I agree 💯

• Like 1

So this is clearly a garbage show, but it's also mildly wholesome?  I don't know, my cold black heart felt something.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, snarts said:

Actually sad that it's finale day. 

I'm good with three out of the four couples winning (not Nicole & Kendall) but I'm actively rooting for Serena & Kordell. Watching them warms my (also cold black) heart.

I agree with these rankings: https://betches.com/love-island-usa-season-6-ranking/

...and this is so cute (remaining cast to Ariana): https://www.instagram.com/loveislandusa/reel/C9qKjK6urXz/

OMG: Ariana is going to be a flood of tears when she sees that video!!! It was sooo sweet and touching.

This cast has been phenomenal. I came to LI for Ariana and stayed because it has been so much fun to watch. Tried watching some of the other US and UK seasons, but they have not captured my attention.

Someone above asked why Ariana chose to host this show. She is a massive LI fan.

I'm sad it's finale day, too..

• Like 1

I’m sad too!  This daily show has become part of my morning routine.  I too came for Ariana but stayed for the mess and cute friendships.  Maybe I will console myself by watching season 5 next - I have seen Bergie on a few podcast episodes and he spills good tea about the show.

17 hours ago, politichick said:

OMG: Ariana is going to be a flood of tears when she sees that video!!! It was sooo sweet and touching.

*Kaylor voice*. FAWWWW-KUHHH!!!  That did make me tear up.

And by the way, Ariana really is a good host.  I started season 5 and the previous host did not have the same presence and poise.  I hope Ari gets to continue next season.

4 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

*Kaylor voice*. FAWWWW-KUHHH!!!  That did make me tear up.

And by the way, Ariana really is a good host.  I started season 5 and the previous host did not have the same presence and poise.  I hope Ari gets to continue next season.

Oh I think Ariana will definitely be back if she wants to host again.  The ratings of the show were much bigger for this season compared to previous seasons.  I have never watched the show or the other versions previously but checked it out for Ariana.  I stuck around because they seriously picked a great cast and was fun; mindless entertainment.  I"m sure a lot of viewers did the same.  I saw an articled where the head of Peackcock basically said the same thing. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Katie W said:

Oh I think Ariana will definitely be back if she wants to host again. 

Agree, I think the job is hers as long as she wants it. I sure wouldn't mind an annual Summer trip Fiji.

So happy there's a reunion. Sad it's over. I don't think I've ever been this pleased with a finale. They placed exactly in the order I wanted. Can't believe I cried watching Serena/Kordell's movie. I wish them the absolute best.

On a side note, from social media today I learned that Kendall (unfortunately) had someone close to him leak a NSFW video; Rob has seemingly forgot all about Andrea; and Kaylor was heard in the background of a Aaron video badmouthing Leah. 

Know that they all have their phones back, waiting for more tea. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
21 hours ago, butterbody said:

I love how the girls spend all day in thong bikinis, and all night tugging at their skirts to keep their butts covered. 

I saw that, too! Make it make sense!

10 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Nick Viall interview with Kaylor. 

Aaron told Kaylor that he would leave the villa, too, if Rob left with Andrea.

Wow.  I just watched it.  Kaylor is still with him but (hopefully) not for long.  Aaron scares me, the way he can always convince her not to be mad at him.

• Like 2

Also, just found the latest Call Her Daddy podcast where she interviews Rob.  There is a clip of it on YouTube (he wears the overalls 😬) but I just downloaded the full episode from my iPhone podcast app.  

I can’t decide who is worse - Aaron or Rob.  Rob reminds me of an ex-boyfriend who had that same way of staring flatly at a woman while negging them, but Aaron is the whiny-est, pouty-est baby man and why is his mouth always hanging open?

• Like 2
  • Applause 1