Type keyword(s) to search

The Parolees: From the jail to the kennels

Thank you so much!

Since my suggestions were so bad, I thought of a title that may be better.

From the big house to the dog house?

Maybe?

I love Earl. I hope he got his surgery on his arm.

Jake will always be my favorite parolee. I wish they would say how he's doing.

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 1

I was wondering about Earl's surgery too. In the previews for the new season, it's hard to tell if he's using the arm or not.

He sure is a great guy. Have they ever said what he went to prison for? After watching him, I can't imagine it was for anything violent.

Never watched until yesterday Sat. afternoon marathon until early Sun. morning. I just had the TV on while doing computer things. By the third episode I was HOOKED. Love everyone ! Cried a lot from sadness and happiness. Poor Chong! Poor Cheech! Oh that poor, poor so ugly that he was adorable bulldog that Tia found tied up in the industrial wasteland! I loved his story ending but I hope he's OK with the heart worms and all. Loved how the girl just fell head over heels in love with him on first sight! Love little Grizzly! What a sweety.! I love this show! One thing for certain, karmas a BITCH! I wish I could see every single one of these creatures that abused these animals and left them for dead get what's coming! But for now, I'm going to email Villalobos and let them all know how wonderful they are. EspeciallyTia! Love this woman!

• Love 1

I'm happy to know Jake is doing so well. I watched several episodes last night when they were in Ca. ( I don't like it as much as New Orleans). but now I know the whole background on Tia's husband and Jake and the past. Somewhat. He screwed up and went back to jail for another year and she was very emotional when he came back to her. I haven't seen the season where they move to N.O. but Jake has quite a past with the family. Good guy.

Jake was my favorite. I knew he had plans to start his own rescue. I'm happy that he's done it.

Does anybody know what's going on with Tia's husband? They used to talk about him all the time but they never mention him now.

I never did buy her bullshit about how he ended up back in prison.

Edited by Maharincess

I wondered the same thing last night while catching up on last season. Not one mention of him. Very strange . and where was Mariah? I couldn't even see her on the after show. My daughter lives in N.O. and said she hangs out at the st Roch tavern. I hope they don't get all fame bitten and change.

Zillabreeze. He went to jail back in season 1. The cops came to the ranch and found some stolen property that belonged to a parolee. Because he was still on parole and it was his land he was responsible. It was a 3 strikes case so he took a plea for 15 years

I wonder why she won't answer questions about her age?  That seems very odd and out of character for her.   I wouldn't peg her to be a woman vain about her age !

I love Earl and would love to know more backstory on him.

EARL BOUGHT A HOUSE!!!

Now THAT made me cry. It is so great seeing someone who took the wrong road for his entire adult life take that one slim little shot Tia gave him and run with it. It gives now meaning to the phrase "I just need a chance, just one small little chance" Earl got one, a little teeny one, and man, look what he DID with it!

And for the record, Tia is 49.

• Love 3

I remember every scene you described, Bastet!  I always ff through the death scenes, because menopause has turned me into a blithering idiot who can't stop crying.  But this show never fails to touch my heart.

This is a very good thing these people are doing, so in my little black book, they are good people. 

Earl & Sui - yet another torrent of happy tears, here.

Earl & Sui - yet another torrent of happy tears, here.

I had previously seen the episode where Sui got a visit from his mom, and this morning I saw the one where Earl brings him on.  Watching this show out of order like this can be confusing, but seeing Sui cry over the pain of letting his mom down by getting arrested for selling drugs and having her find out her son was "one of those guys" was even more touching for having already seen them reunite.

Earl is just the tops.  I can see why Tia considers his word gold.  And when he checked in with Tia to see what she thought of Sui, and she said she was impressed with both his work ethic and his demeanor with the dogs, the look of pride on his face.  And then the look of pride on Sui’s when Earl relayed to him that Tia liked what she saw … this show, man.

(I moved my previous post to the show thread, which is where I thought I was to begin with -- too much show, too little sleep.)

• Love 1

I got home last night just in time for a repeat of the episode in which Sui's mom came to visit him, and was able to watch it in its entirety versus missing bits here and there as I had last time.  So the scene of him leading his mom through the kennels and telling her about the various dogs was new to me, and such a treat to see.  The way he knows those dogs' personalities! 

• Love 2