Type keyword(s) to search

Gypsy Rose: Life After Lockup

• Start Topic

On the heels of the buzzed about documentary The Prison Confessions of Gypsy Rose Blanchard where Gypsy told her story in her own words, Lifetime's new 8 episode docuseries, Gypsy Rose: Life After Lock Up, premiering June 3rd at 9pm ET/PT, picks up immediately from the days before her release from prison on December 28th of last year. The series follows Gypsy as she experiences life as a free woman, including reconnecting with family and finally living with her husband Ryan Anderson for the first time.

The series is an authentic, raw and revealing look at Gypsy's new life on the outside. From the joyful moments as she is free to make her own decisions for the first time, to the challenges of navigating life and relationships while facing her past, including the abuse she suffered at the hands of her mother, and Gypsy's own notoriety and fame. In this delayed-coming-of-age story, Gypsy must reconcile the pop-culture, celebrity version of herself while trying to forge her brand-new identity in a "normal" world as wife, sister, daughter and most of all - a free woman.

Full press release http://thefutoncritic.com/news/2024/05/01/lifetime-announces-airdate-for-gypsy-rose-blanchard-docuseries-gypsy-rose-life-after-lock-up-27310/20240501lifetime01/

(edited)

I’m not sure getting out of prison to start your new life as a reality TV star is a good idea for this woman. From what I’ve seen SM is not very nice to her. 
And Ryan seems like a creep. And to be immediately followed and have photographers waiting at a strip mall to photograph you the minute you get out of jail was suspect. Lifetime producers probably tipped them off for the drama. 
Given her history I can understand her love of attention but I hope she’s getting some kind of therapy. 

Edited by Straycat80
  • Like 7

Her father called it when he commented on the rumor she was going to the Chiefs game to meet Taylor Swift. He said he didn't like it because it sounded like something her mom would've gotten her to do. 

Husband had some anger issues with the Paparazzi. Gypsy had to keep telling him to calm down and drive safe. Granted, that's a nerve wracking situation, but I never thought that marriage was a love match anyway.

• Like 4
On 6/4/2024 at 9:34 AM, Straycat80 said:

I’m not sure getting out of prison to start your new life as a reality TV star is a good idea for this woman. From what I’ve seen SM is not very nice to her. 
And Ryan seems like a creep. And to be immediately followed and have photographers waiting at a strip mall to photograph you the minute you get out of jail was suspect. Lifetime producers probably tipped them off for the drama. 
Given her history I can understand her love of attention but I hope she’s getting some kind of therapy. 

This woman should be in intense therapy because she seems like a very nice person, but is going to have to deal with the post traumatic stress of what her mother did to her and consequently what she had done to her mother.
who is SM? 

• Like 3
51 minutes ago, chediavolo said:

This woman should be in intense therapy because she seems like a very nice person, but is going to have to deal with the post traumatic stress of what her mother did to her and consequently what she had done to her mother.
who is SM? 

It seems like Lifetime is exploiting her too. She talks a lot about sex which may be producer driven and her husband gives me the ick factor. Treating her like a woman/child and likes the ‘celebrity’ side of being married to her. 
I hope her parole officer suggested therapy. 

• Like 5

Ryan seemed a little too excited to tell the person at the fast food restaurant who his wife was "she's Gypsy Rose Blanchard."  Is she really that infamous/famous that everyone should know who she is?  It's like he was proud that paparazzi were taking pictures of her/them.  

What does Ryan do to have a Cadillac (I think) and a house on Lake Charles?  Or, is he profiting from having married her?

• Like 6
(edited)
6 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

a house on Lake Charles

Lake Charles is the name of the city, although it is next to a lake, also named Lake Charles.

Watching Gypsy and Ryan interact is like seeing two junior high kids play-acting a romance.  All the public "I love you" proclamations and Ryan proudly proclaiming himself her "husband" and she, his "wife," is so weird and immature sounding.

I hope Gypsy gets extensive therapy.  She's needlessly defensive when Ryan tells her a puppy is a big responsibility.  I didn't think he was treating her like a child--he simply wanted to make sure she was up to taking care of an animal in an apartment.  She got all bent out of shape because he didn't want a dog possibly peeing in the apartment because Gypsy forgot to take him out.  

And I can't believe I'm siding with Ryan on anything.

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Like 10

I’m watching now. I feel bad but Ryan just gives me the creeps.  There is something seriously wrong with him and others who marry people who are still incarcerated. Like if you truly want to build a relationship start slow help them assimilate back into society and be there for them but to actually marry them and think you will have any type of normal life is delusional. And all the sex talk just grosses me out.  The dad is coming off better in this than the last series so at least there’s that. 

• Like 6

The level of abuse / control / manipulation that Gypsy went through is extremely severe, spanning all stages of her development.  The age at which abuse occurs, the developmental stage a child is in when it happens, affects the impact of it.  Gypsy's abuse spanned every stage of development and then her adult life in prison where everything was controlled. 

She will spend the rest of her life trying to tease out what aspects of her are her "real" self vs. remnants from what her mother put her through.  She will be peeling the layers like an onion. Once she gets through a layer and thinks "I'm finally through it," another deeper layer will emerge and come into her consciousness, something to be grappled with , made sense of, and resolved.

I hope she can stay the course, remain grounded, and just do her best to work through the layers as they present themselves through the rest of her life. That is all anyone can do really. Hopefully she will be able to establish and maintain a stable life for herself. I think she would do better to stay out of the public eye for a few years or longer. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
(edited)

I agree that Ryan is weird.  By the way, how did he afford those Christian Louboutin shoes?  They start at a little under $1,000.  I'm thinking either they were knock-offs or the show paid for them.  And why would you buy 4-inch heels for someone who has never worn high heels in her life?

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Like 4
  • Useful 1

So much sex talk, why? Way too much information, and an obvious need to reassure everyone that sex with Ryan was great. So awkward.  They're acting like she was a virgin. Either way, none of our business!

Is it me, or does Ryan seem to get a bit annoyed when Gypsy's Dad is showing her affection? Something off about him. Very possessive, like 'My Preciousssss'

I feel dirty watching this lol these are personal family moments. No need for cameras.

Her step sister is handling this all really well. Not sure ill keep watching tho. Feels intrusive.

• Like 5
(edited)
58 minutes ago, Pi237 said:

Her step sister is handling this all really well.

I thought that was her half-sister.

I agree about all the sex talk.  Cringe-worthy.

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Like 3
50 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

I thought that was her half-sister.

You’re right, same dad-I should’ve said half-sister. I like her. Seems to take things in stride. 

• Like 2

The thread is a bit slow.  I wonder if the show is getting ratings.

In this week's episode, the venue in New Orleans they picked out for their wedding needs an answer in two days so they can book it.  Gypsy feels like she's being rushed.  We're seeing the beginning of the end of the marriage.

Gypsy is shown bad-mouthing her previous boyfriend Ken.  Talk about awkward when/if she and Ken watch that segment together.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, Gemma Violet said:

The thread is a bit slow.  I wonder if the show is getting ratings.

In this week's episode, the venue in New Orleans they picked out for their wedding needs an answer in two days so they can book it.  Gypsy feels like she's being rushed.  We're seeing the beginning of the end of the marriage.

Gypsy is shown bad-mouthing her previous boyfriend Ken.  Talk about awkward when/if she and Ken watch that segment together.

Agree...her husband is too possessive and a bit eager to make it more difficult for her to leave. I get the feeling that this marriage is a HUGE ego boost for him. Maybe even more than his love for her.

I wondered if her bad-mouthing Ken was to make her husband comfortable...that she's not interested. But of course they were both in the honeymoon stage at that time, so who knows.

• Like 5

I just started watching The Act and I am very familiar with the story. I know that this is on but I haven't watched it. It makes me uncomfortable and I would prefer her to not continue to be exploited (though I guess this is her doing this time). 

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Soapy Goddess said:

I get the feeling that this marriage is a HUGE ego boost for him.

Yes, and not only that he married a celebrity, but that he got married at all.  Just speculation of course, but he could be the type who didn't date much or at all, and now feels like "one of the guys."  He certainly overuses the words "my wife," like he's the first guy to ever have a wife.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

Everyone of their interactions feels forced. She never loved him. She often looks at him with a lot of impatience. She wants to be young and free and impulsive and he wants to lock her down. You can see his fear of losing her in how he’s always grabbing at her and she’s always stroking his ego.  Doomed from the start. 

Kind of the same thing over and over, so far. The paparazzi, her doing interviews, random clips of strangers giving their useless opinions….

• Like 4

Yea I’m watching…and giving my useless opinions 🤣

When they walked away from her grandmothers grave, I really wish they’d have picked up those two pots that fell over at the next grave 🤣

Gypsy’s tattoo is pretty. 

Shameful how many family members knew something wasn’t right, but just didn’t want to upset her mother. I’d like to believe I’d have never sat by and let my sister treat my niece like that. I’d be telling everyone-she can walk!  I think it was more they didn’t want the responsibility of what they believed was a very sick girl who needed a lot of attention and expensive medical care. 

Step mom is showing a new side with the ‘just because my kids break up with them doesn’t mean I do” yeah, it does if they’ve moved on and married someone else…right? Strange. 

Ryan isn’t going to miss Gypsy that much, he just doesn’t trust her to be out of his sight. He works with special education students so that gives him leeway in my eyes, but he’s trying too hard to hold onto someone who is already halfway out the door. 

• Like 7

Why is her Stepmom telling her all that stuff about Ken and messing with her marriage?! Wow, I thought she was nice, but she’s messy. 

• Like 7
  • Angry 2
  • Applause 1
23 minutes ago, Pi237 said:

Why is her Stepmom telling her all that stuff about Ken and messing with her marriage

Yeah, that's throwing grease onto the fire.  I would've kept my mouth shut about Ken.  She should have waited until Gypsy and Ryan broke up on their own, and then tell her about the Ken conversations.

I noticed Ryan had to throw in a comment that he had a girlfriend before Gypsy.  He wants the viewers to see him as Joe Cool, ladies' man.

• Like 5

That stepmother is not looking out for Gypsy's best interests IMO.  She sure wants to intervene (have some kind of power over Gypsy?).  Gypsy has a LOT to work through and to add in how much Ken loves her?  Just stop.  Ken is a piece of work as well-why involved the stepmom in the first place?  Gypsy is in the midst of people who want to use/manipulate her for their own purposes-maybe not as horrific as her mother, but playing her for their own purposes.  

Gypsy seems to have really listened while in therapy and is trying to adapt to her new life and circumstances, but it doesn't really seem like she has the support she needs.  Nightmares, controlling her environment (throwing out food that was still good, etc.), she needs therapy and not a t.v. show IMO.

And, finally, I thought her dad lived in Missouri and that's why they detoured there (and she got that phone call from the parole office), but they show that they live in Louisiana.  I'm so confused...

• Like 7
7 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

And, finally, I thought her dad lived in Missouri and that's why they detoured there (and she got that phone call from the parole office), but they show that they live in Louisiana.  I'm so confused...

The dad and stepmom live in south Louisiana, in "Cajun country," actually only a few miles from where I live.  Gypsy was born in south Louisiana and lived here for her first few years.  Ryan's apartment is in southwestern Louisiana, about 200 miles from the dad and stepmom.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

Does anyone (except the stepmom) really believe Ken broke up with Gypsy for her own good?  Sure, Jan.

• Like 3
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

It seems like the step Mom Kristy’s job on this show is being a buttinsky. She doesn’t like Ryan and ‘stayed friends’ with Ken after him and Gypsy broke up. Did she even meet this guy face to face or just over the phone? She is throwing Ken and Gypsy together. 
Gypsy needs to have space to learn to be free, live in the outside world, make her own choices without some controlling man interfering. Look how Ryan is criticizing her, that food probably needed to be thrown away and that pillow was nasty! 

• Like 6

Cooked food shouldn't be kept in the fridge more than 4 days.  I get rid of it after 3 days to make sure.  Although Ryan mentioned chicken that he had recently cooked, maybe there were some other things in there that were older.  I have a sister who will keep food in the fridge for a week and will happily eat it.  That's why I rarely eat at her house, lol.

• LOL 4

Gypsy needs a therapist. She goes from one dysfunctional relationship to another. She needs to figure out who she is. She doesn't need Ryan or anyone else in her life until she has had some therapy and learn to be independent.  Gypsy creates her own drama. 

• Like 10

My opinion.   Ryan had the fame go to his head with Gypsy’s comment about their sex life.  And he wanted a Pet. 
Gypsy comes across as bipolar/on a manic high.  All the laughing and frenetic energy is a lot….my best friend growing up was/is bipolar and sooo many similarities. 
And Gypsy’s stepmom not caring that she’s friends with Gypsy’s ex?  With family like that, who needs enemies. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 2

Wow, it is not unreasonable for Ryan to ask Gypsy to keep their sex life conversations with her sister off camera.  No man is going to be ok with you telling the world you never climaxed with him, even if it’s from past abuse.  And for her to manipulate the situation and say ‘that’s how my mom made me feel’ is really unfair.  Please get on birth control, get a divorce, and get into therapy before you have a child and ruin its life with your gaslighting and manipulation.

• Like 4
  • Applause 3

45 minutes ago, Pi237 said:

Wow, it is not unreasonable for Ryan to ask Gypsy to keep their sex life conversations with her sister off camera.  No man is going to be ok with you telling the world you never climaxed with him, even if it’s from past abuse.  And for her to manipulate the situation and say ‘that’s how my mom made me feel’ is really unfair.  Please get on birth control, get a divorce, and get into therapy before you have a child and ruin its life with your gaslighting and manipulation.

Yeah, that conversation was cringeworthy. Gypsy kept giggling about it like oh-well-no-big-deal, while her sister had an understandibly worried look on her face that Gypsy might be pregnant.  It pains me to agree with Ryan, but yeah, Gypsy could have easily had that conversation with her sister when they were not on camera and spare Ryan the embarrassment of his friends, family, and co-workers knowing the intimate details of their sex life.  Gypsy may be more media-savvy than we think, i.e. having the sex conversation on camera, as well as videoing Ryan while they were having an argument.  She knows Lifetime wants juicy stuff and I guess she's willing to provide it. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

I think Gypsy should have never done this series.  She has pretty much lost my empathy (not that it would matter) as she is showing how much she loves the drama and attention.  She presents herself as being very naive and innocent about the big bad world, but her whole life was one of experiencing how her mother was using the media and manipulating others in order to get what she wanted.  And, it appears that Gypsy has mastered those same skills.  

I didn't see Ryan as being aggressive or horrible during their fight, and I did agree with him about keeping some things private.  I think the realization of his having married a 'celebrity' is finally dawning on him-maybe the perks he was enjoying are not worth the cost.

Kristi is not coming off well, either.  Her whole 'I promised I would tell her everything' rings hollow.  Instead, it seems that she is enjoying the 'celebrity' and really is trying to undermine Ryan.

And Ken is not coming off well, either.  He let it slip when he stated that she blew up bigger than he thought possible (after which he quickly rephrased it).

Yep, they're all about the 'celebrity,' perks, and being on t.v.  Okay, okay, I need to say something positive, so here goes-the puppy was cute and sweet.

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
7 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

Okay, okay, I need to say something positive, so here goes-the puppy was cute and sweet.

Puppy is so cute 🥰.  Wanted to punch Ryan’s face in when he said you stick their nose in it when they pee. Omg read a training book asap!! Poor doggy. 

The only human I can stand out of this group is her Dad. He seems to have a solid grasp on everyone’s motives and a good head on his shoulders. If only he’d fought harder to stay in Gypsy’s life. 

theres no more proof needed that Gypsy is Not ready to be a mother, than her giggling throughout taking the morning after pill. Yikes. 

• Like 6
58 minutes ago, Pi237 said:

Wanted to punch Ryan’s face in when he said you stick their nose in it when they pee.

Omg, thanks for reminding me--I knew there was something else I wanted to post about.  I couldn't believe it when he said that.  Anyone knows that dogs don't understand why you're pushing their nose into their pee.  They simply don't relate the two things, even if you do it right after they pee, much less an hour later like some people probably do.  Ryan said it works.  Uh, no it doesn't, you doofus.

• Like 2
  • Angry 4
4 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

Omg, thanks for reminding me--I knew there was something else I wanted to post about.  I couldn't believe it when he said that.  Anyone knows that dogs don't understand why you're pushing their nose into their pee.  They simply don't relate the two things, even if you do it right after they pee, much less an hour later like some people probably do.  Ryan said it works.  Uh, no it doesn't, you doofus.

My dad would do that to our dog but that was about 50 years ago and honestly he didn't know any better. He adored that dog and vice versa. I'm surprised Ryan, at the age he is, would think that is a good idea. 

• Like 4
55 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

My dad would do that to our dog but that was about 50 years ago and honestly he didn't know any better. He adored that dog and vice versa. I'm surprised Ryan, at the age he is, would think that is a good idea.

Yes, in the olden days, a lot of people thought that method worked.  I heard people talk about it when I was a child in the '60s.  But today, Ryan should know that it's been disproven.

• Like 5
17 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I think Gypsy should have never done this series.  She has pretty much lost my empathy (not that it would matter) as she is showing how much she loves the drama and attention.  She presents herself as being very naive and innocent about the big bad world, but her whole life was one of experiencing how her mother was using the media and manipulating others in order to get what she wanted.  And, it appears that Gypsy has mastered those same skills.

I don't blame Gypsy for doing the show. Where else was she going to find a "job" as a newly released inmate with ZERO skills? 

As for the drama and attention. That's all she knew growing up. Her mother put her in horrible positions/scenarios, so she is used to cameras and the media. Again, I can't blame her for doing what she knows best. 

I don't think she's as naive as she comes across. I see a woman who wants to do the right thing at all costs, without being controlled. And IMO, Ryan is beginning to show signs of control (i.e. who you texting, what are you saying, looking over her shoulder, etc.) 

That said, I agree that she shouldn't have married so quickly. I think she's slowly beginning to see that too.

• Like 7

Gypsy-Rose Blanchard's Ex Ryan Anderson Says He Misses Her, Calls New Boyfriend a 'Punk'

https://toofab.com/2024/07/03/gypsy-rose-blanchard-ex-ryan-anderson-misses-her-calls-new-boyfriend-ken-urker-punk/

Taking to TikTok Live on what Anderson said was the three-year-anniversary of when they first started dating, he apologized to his estranged wife for getting into an argument with her current boyfriend.

"Sorry, Gypsy for fighting with Ken over text," Anderson said, addressing Blanchard directly despite her not being a guest on the Live. "I did ask how you were because I am genuinely curious how you're doing, because we are going through the show thing and I am curious about you. Is what it is; I can't help it. I do still care whether you want me to or not."

Anderson admitted he needed to move on, but it was clear he was struggling with the idea while watching the dissolution of their relationship play out on Gypsy Rose: Life After Lockup, currently airing on Lifetime.

"July 2nd, I shot fireworks off for her tonight like three years ago," he told his over 427k followers on TikTok.

"Yeah, I need to move on, but guys, I have my moments where I miss her and today is one of them," he said. "Because like I said, I met her three years ago for the first time. We talked for a year and like a month before I got to meet her."

Blanchard and Urker were initially together in 2019, before Anderson, while she was still serving time for conspiring to kill her mom. Dee Dee Blanchard allegedly made Gypsy believe she suffered from many illnesses as a child, leading to several unnecessary procedures.

Anderson also spoke about Urker during the livestream, accusing him of going back to Blanchard due to her newfound fame.

"That's why you came back, fool," Anderson said, addressing Urker. "You saw all the attention she was getting."

"I don't like Ken," Anderson said. "He's a punk."

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

On tonight's episode, Gypsy gets a consultation for a nose job, has her teeth done (tooth implants?), and gets a haircut and goes blonde. 

She spends time with her dad at his request.  They go crabbing on his boat and he later teaches her some chords on the guitar. 

Ryan is his usual controlling self and we see the continued dissolution of their marriage.

• Like 2
(edited)

She said in the article she's 11 weeks pregnant, which would mean she got pregnant in April.  On last week's episode, which was filmed at the very beginning of 2024 (when she was still with Ryan), she had a discussion with her sister about possibly being pregnant and about birth control, where her sister discussed the importance of Gypsy going to a gynecologist for birth control.  She then took a morning-after pill.  Of course, that was when she was with Ryan.  Now, with Ken, I guess she didn't want to take birth control.  She says it was not planned, but I think maybe it was.       

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Like 2
  • Useful 2
(edited)

Oh, the humanity.    Fresh out of jail, getting a divorce mere months after the marriage, hooking up with another dude she met while behind bars, newly pregnant.    These people are almost as thirsty and trashy as Mama June and all the other famewhores.

This chick is a leech magnet - she hooked a crazy (Godejohn) and two sponges who apparently get off on connecting with jailbirds. I can only imagine the next 8 months as this pregnancy progresses - how much drama will these clowns manufacture so they can continue to get their faces on social media and collecting the checks from Lifetime Channel who will keep producing content with these fools. I smell a miscarriage scare in about 2 months.

Sin verguenza, as my Hispanic friends say. I pray for any child GRB produces.

Edited by patty1h
  • Like 3
(edited)

She will never life a life off camera. She’s always performing. I don’t know if I’ve seen one genuine moment from her where she wasn’t hyper aware of the camera. 

Her Step-Mom never should’ve done this show. She’s not coming off in the best light.  Still really like her Dad. But he’s outnumbered by women living for all the clicks. I guess that’s the world now. We’re always on someone’s camera, so act and speak accordingly. 

Ryan never stood a chance. His controlling behavior was probably seen as ‘protective’ to her until she lost interest. I didn’t even think he was that controlling. He just wanted a wife, and Gypsy wanted the bigger, better deal. Soon as the baby comes, and Gypsy’s not the most special girl in Ken’s life, I see him becoming ‘too controlling’ as well.

PS thanks for posting the video.

but I can’t get through it.🤣 That kind of stalled, performative way people talk in videos like these annoys me to death. 

Edited by Pi237
  • Like 7
14 minutes ago, Pi237 said:

Still really like her Dad.

I do, too.  And I was thinking, he wanted some alone time with Gypsy, but even when she was on the boat with him or learning the guitar, there was a camera crew with them, so they were not really alone.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
(edited)

I’ve only seen snippets of this show. But I have seen the timeline of her breakup with Ken, her marriage,  her separation, her hookup with Ken and now her pregnancy.  The woman needs to take a few breath,  slow down, and  think things through.   The last thing she needs is a baby, and the last thing a baby needs is her. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 6

Just because Gypsy feels comfortable in front of the camera doesn't mean she's "preforming".  Her sicko mother pushed her in front of a camera as a young child, so it's almost as if it's a way of life for her. 

As for having a child, Gypsy has never really had anything to call her own, so I believe she will prove to be a good mother. At least she knows what not to do. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1