Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E07: Have You Never Been To A Wedding?

• Start Topic

Good episode.  Faith clobbering people with a bead-filled sock may have seemed like a decent choice in a moment of desperation, but yeah, both of her "victims" brushed it off and I was actually laughing that she tried it (and failed again) the second time without even trying to up the payload.  She's a cop, trained in all kinds of combat, including hand-to-hand, yet both of them nearly took her out.

Crystal the Murder Teen (great name for a spin-off that would last approximately one episode) can go away any time.  I honestly don't understand why they even brought her back.  There was one "surrogate parent" moment with Ormewood that was well-intentioned but ultimately misdirected.  Was that the whole point of that scene?

Will was awesome, of course, as Ricky Morales, Criminal Defense Lawyer (also a great name for a spin-off that might make it a few episodes as a mid-season replacement, then not get picked up again).  He almost had them ready to just give it up, and then... plot twist!  I get that most criminals are not necessarily the brightest bulbs, but killing the crew leader and then forcing some random guy who mentioned in passing that he knew something about safes to crack one at gunpoint is supposed to be a good idea?  I did like how Will applied some basic logic and mechanical knowledge to almost get somewhere with it, but I still didn't think it made any sense that he'd be able to actually crack the safe.  I assumed the "secondary locking mechanism" was something he made up on the fly to hopefully explain why he'd ultimately fail, but then something did click and maybe it was the secondary locking mechanism after all.  No idea.

• Like 1

I would have been unpleasantly surprised if Will had opened the safe. I figured he had picked up some knowledge in his line of work, but had no experience in actually doing it. Here, I think he was basically stalling for time, as well as just playing along that he knew about safes. I believe he did screw up the locking mechanism -- locking himself out -- when he drilled.

• Like 5

Now I'm wishing for a "Ricky Morales, Criminal Defense Attorney" alternate reality episode, with the entire cast playing different roles.

• Like 14
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

I HATE Will and Angie. When your entire relationship is built around trauma.  It's toxic until the end. That's all y'all know. Trauma on top of trauma. Betty does not ship no matter how hard the writers try. It was an entertaining episode. 

Edited by Simba122504
  • Like 2
16 hours ago, Simba122504 said:

I HATE Will and Angie. When your entire relationship is built around trauma.  It's toxic until the end. That's all y'all know. Trauma on top of trauma. Betty does not ship no matter how hard the writers try. It was an entertaining episode. 

what does that mean?

34 minutes ago, cinsays said:

what does that mean?

"shipping" in reality tv language, means when viewers are encouraged to want to see a working-together couple become a romantic couple. At least I think I got that right.

On 5/5/2024 at 12:31 PM, fishcakes said:

Now I'm wishing for a "Ricky Morales, Criminal Defense Attorney" alternate reality episode, with the entire cast playing different roles.

I like your idea. My idea/version of this is way too sitcom for the series, but it would a fun episode if for some reason Will has to pretend to be Ricky Morales, Criminal Defense Attorney, and somehow ropes everyone around him into maintaining/perpetuating the lie for an episode. 

7 hours ago, cinsays said:

what does that mean?

The fandom term shipping comes from the word relationship. Shipping refers to a fan wanting a romantic relationships between characters.  "I totally ship character x and character y" which means you want character x and character y to be a romantic relationship. 

Shipper on deck, (which is a term I have used when writing about other episodes), refers to a character in the show trying to play matchmaker and get the characters together. 

On 5/1/2024 at 1:31 AM, possibilities said:

I love my fax machine. Very happy that a fax machine saved the day. 

Throwing in my nit about this...in this day and age, I find it very hard to believe that Faith had memorized the number of the fax machine, and I don't think she had access to her business card at that moment to get it from there.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
On 5/9/2024 at 7:34 AM, peeayebee said:

Also, it's unclear to viewers whether or not Betty approves (ships) their relationship.

It was a joke. Unless you're being sarcastic?  I apologize if I read it wrong. 

• Like 1

I just was referring to a post or two where people here couldn't tell whether or not Betty liked Angie and Will together. Maybe those original posts were jokes. If so, I apologize for my denseness.

• Like 1
On 5/9/2024 at 10:02 AM, LuvMyShows said:

Throwing in my nit about this...in this day and age, I find it very hard to believe that Faith had memorized the number of the fax machine, and I don't think she had access to her business card at that moment to get it from there.

Law enforcement still relies heavily on fax machines, considered to be more secure than email.  I can believe Faith knew the number of the fax machine.  A statewide agency such as the GBI would be sending items back and forth to county sheriffs' offices and police departments, federal law enforcement agencies, probation and parole, and the courts.   What I found hard to believe was that the machine was not set up to have pages received go into a tray, that it was pointed outward.  When a department sends their 70-page report on a crime that occurred in their jurisdiction, you don't want it spilled all over the floor.  

• Like 4
  • Useful 1