Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

When Bob second-guesses selling MaxDot, a new buyer presents a compelling offer. Also, the prospect of new wealth has Abishola stuck between her conservative nature to hide it and Nigerian pressure to flaunt it, on the CBS Original series BOB HEARTS ABISHOLA, Monday, April 15 (8:30-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network, and streaming on Paramount+

(edited)

I doubt that Abishola's even spent $100 on a pair of shoes, and I don't believe she'd jump to $1000 even if the company had been sold, much less before.  Or that she would buy shoes that were non-returnable (assuming they hadn't been worn outside) in case they turned out to be uncomfortable.

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse
  • Like 3

Having Goodwin buy the company was a nice twist, especially when Bob told him he was family.  Still no sign of Dottie, though.  A lot is happening without her around.  I hope she appears in at least one of the final episodes.  Same for Tunde and Olu.  And of course I can't let a week go by without mentioning the show's continued avoidance of Abishola's Johns Hopkins acceptance.  Hopefully they'll drop the other shoe with that too.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1

I really liked Goodwin buying the company. I liked everything about his pitch to buy. We know Goodwin can be a bit of a tyrant, but hopefully he learned some things from Bob. That made me happy. I also LOVED  Bob not wanting to sell to the Japanese since he couldn't guarantee the current employees' jobs. 

• Like 5

The seed for Goodwin to buy the company was nicely planted in a prior episode where he mentioned that he would take his portion of the money from the sale of  MaxDot and start his own business.  I thought right there, why doesn't he just buy MaxDot and run it?  He already knows the business and has relationships with the suppliers and vendors...but then I shrugged and thought "Maybe making compression socks isn't exactly Goodwin's dream."

Abishola was utterly charming when she was swanning about, all happy to be rich with that big smile on her face and the inability to feel her toes.

• Like 5
(edited)

I liked the sale resolution.

BUT Johns Hopkins still unresolved, as is Dele's application to Juilliard.  They are limping to the finish.   I wish the had more of the characters on each episode now. 

Edited by EtheltoTillie
  • Like 1
28 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Abishola is no longer becoming a doctor im assuming right?

Your guess is as good as mine.  The entire subject has been dropped this season, not a mention either way.

• Sad 1

They have not said a word about it this season. But knowing Chuck Lorre, he could pull it out in the finale, maybe Bob & Abi move to wherever med school is.

Or knowing Chuck Lorre, we may never hear it again.

12 hours ago, astrohip said:

They have not said a word about it this season. But knowing Chuck Lorre, he could pull it out in the finale, maybe Bob & Abi move to wherever med school is.

Or knowing Chuck Lorre, we may never hear it again.

I'm thinking it will probably be tied up in the last two episodes.  Johns Hopkins is in Baltimore, MD.  It would make sense now that MaxDot has been sold that they are free to move there.

Knowing Chuck Lorre, I'm a bit surprised that Abishola didn't force Bob to sell the family business so they could move to Baltimore.

• Like 1