Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E12: Bingo, Bango, Bento!

• Start Topic

The seven remaining chefs work individually to create Japanese-inspired dishes for their bento boxes. From tempura to sushi, the chef who constructs the winning box claims the time token and top-level kitchen for the next challenge. Then, with only 25 minutes to create a Wagyu beef dish, only one judge will oversee the chefs during the elimination challenge while two judges blindly taste test their creations in the all-new "Bingo, Bango, Bento!" episode of Next Level Chef airing Thursday, April 11 (8:00-9:02 PM ET/PT) on FOX.

Once again, the fake lobster drama.  It was very obvious from the get go that his lobster was already cooked when he started his dish.  The dish was bright red and the flesh opaque.  No wonder his lobster was tough with all that over cooking.

9 hours ago, mertensia said:

Well, can't say I'm sad to see her go. 

Who?

2 hours ago, cameron said:

Once again, the fake lobster drama.  It was very obvious from the get go that his lobster was already cooked when he started his dish.  The dish was bright red and the flesh opaque.  No wonder his lobster was tough with all that over cooking.

Whose?

I cannot believe the slander Nyesha was throwing at chicken katsu.  And then she topped it off by calling it chicken tonkatsu.

(ton means pork)

• Like 1

Season 1 winner of this show plus a former Master Chef winner were allowed to compete in the qualifying rounds for Tournament of Champions.  Neither made it from the first round of qualifying.  

So contestants competing against each other was somehow different from contestants in teams. Except for the elimination round, I didn’t see much difference in behavior; they still jostled with each other to get the ingredients on the platform

I wish the judges had explained better what a Japanese Bento Box was; I don’t think I’ve ever seen one before

I'd like to know how much information/explanation/practice the contestants get before each episode.  I find it hard to believe that all these influencers have the knowledge and/or experience to cook whatever Gordon throws at them.  Most of them have probably never made most of the contents of a Bento Box ever.  I've lost track but....is Mata the only one left who is actually a chef?  Is Zach?

I thought the right person went home.  Nice girl but didn't cut it this time.  I hope the girl who keeps mentioning being Greek goes next.  Christine?  Something about her has bugged me since the beginning but I can't put my finger on what it is.

• Like 1

I was kind of surprised that Izayah didn't go home, because he is Zack's strongest competition.  Gabi is strong too but I just don't think they will have a woman win three years in a row.  This is the year for Richard Blais to win, and Zack is his only person left.

On 4/12/2024 at 4:31 PM, oliviabenson said:

So this show is fixed. Jordan should have been in the bottom 3 over Nicole.

My guess Zack or Jordan wins. 

I agree that Jordan should have been in the bottom.  A yakitori Imitation Crab stick?  Gordon said it was disgusting.  The task was to create a cooked dish, a sushi roll, and a tempura.  His cooked dish was disgusting, and on top of that, all he did was put it on the grill.  Why did Gabi go to the bottom, just because her sushi roll was too big?

I don't think Jordan wins, it's been clear to me from almost the beginning that Zack was going to win.  They love his story of him living in Maui.

21 hours ago, mlp said:

I'd like to know how much information/explanation/practice the contestants get before each episode.  I find it hard to believe that all these influencers have the knowledge and/or experience to cook whatever Gordon throws at them.  Most of them have probably never made most of the contents of a Bento Box ever.  I've lost track but....is Mata the only one left who is actually a chef?  Is Zach?

I thought the right person went home.  Nice girl but didn't cut it this time.  I hope the girl who keeps mentioning being Greek goes next.  Christine?  Something about her has bugged me since the beginning but I can't put my finger on what it is.

I agree that it was time for Nicole to go.  She is super nice but she had a lot of issues this time.  I did like how appreciative she was of her time on the show, saying she was so grateful.  She also knew she was never going to win, so I think she just truly enjoyed the experience for as long as she got to be on it.

Agree with you that I can't stand Christina.  I hate her voice and her tremulous self-deprecation.  Either Mada or Christina has to make the finals.  I hope it's Mada, because he has a better story and Christina and he's a lot more likeable to me.  

At this point I would like the final to be Izayah, Mada and Zack, but I don't think that will happen.  I'm indifferent on Zack winning.  I find his hair and his constant reference to Maui annoying.  He's from Illinois!  But I don't dislike him, the only people I dislike left are Jordan and Christina.

I think Zack is the only one left that is a professional chef.  It was mentioned that everyone who is left on Gordon's team are social media chefs.  And I'm pretty sure that both Mada and Christina are home cooks.  I think Christina is the one that is a nurse.

• Like 1

Good Lord. Another episode where Jordan whines about never having cooked X and doesn't know if he'll be able to make it and picks the worst of the worst proteins. Only for him to end up making a poirfect sushi roll! Gee. How'd that happen?🙄🙄

And Gordon? You know I luv you (SHUTUP! Don't JUDGE ME! @seacliffsal where ARE you?), but I'm certain you had a say in what proteins to make available to the contestants. So stop with the disgusted look when one of them ends up having to choose imitation crab or chicken tenders, etc.

I will be Shocked if Jordan doesn't win this. Pissed and peeved if he does. But shocked and ECSTATIC if he does.

On 4/16/2024 at 10:56 AM, GHScorpiosRule said:

Good Lord. Another episode where Jordan whines about never having cooked X and doesn't know if he'll be able to make it and picks the worst of the worst proteins. Only for him to end up making a poirfect sushi roll! Gee. How'd that happen?🙄🙄

And Gordon? You know I luv you (SHUTUP! Don't JUDGE ME! @seacliffsal where ARE you?), but I'm certain you had a say in what proteins to make available to the contestants. So stop with the disgusted look when one of them ends up having to choose imitation crab or chicken tenders, etc.

I will be Shocked if Jordan doesn't win this. Pissed and peeved if he does. But shocked and ECSTATIC if he does.

I don't think Jordan can win because that means that Gordon's person wins two years in a row.  There's no way the other judges would allow that.  This show is so rigged, there's no way that Richard doesn't win this season.  And his only person left is Zack.

• Like 2