Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E08: A Penny For Your Thoughts, Dollar For Your Dreams

• Start Topic

03/27/2024 (08:00PM - 09:00PM) (Wednesday) : Archer, Hannah and Charles encounter an expecting father who claims he's telepathic and receiving messages from his yet-to-be born son. Zola works to thaw out a frozen criminal. Ripley treats Liliana's brother as a favor to Charles.

Dang, missed most of it due to a local news interruption. Sounded potentially interesting from the parts that were shown

(edited)

Are we supposed to have any degree of sympathy for Dr. Ahmad? Because I really don’t. She’s impulsive, careless and yet so exhaustingly sure of her own rightness she’s snippy and disrespectful to her teachers. What the hell was she calling Marcel “Professor Snape” for? Sure, mouth off to the one guy left in your corner. That should work out well for you. I’m tired of her weekly self-created crises. Ending her career would be a boon to medicine. 

Also, Pawel the sketchy brother can go, too. 

Edited by Sandman
  • Like 12
  • Applause 4
2 hours ago, Sandman said:

Are we supposed to have any degree of sympathy for Dr. Ahmad? Because I really don’t. She’s impulsive, careless and yet so exhaustingly sure of her own rightness she’s snippy and disrespectful to her teachers. What the hell was she calling Marcel “Professor Snape” for? Sure, mouth off to the one guy left in your corner. That should work out well for you. I’m tired of her weekly self-created crises. Ending her career would be a boon to medicine. 

Also, Pawel the sketchy brother can go, too. 

She said "Professor Snipe" & I say fire her ASAP. We've seen enough of her antics.

Dr. Charles' girlfriend's brother is an addict hooked on pain killers (Oxy).

• Like 5
5 hours ago, Sandman said:

What the hell was she calling Marcel “Professor Snape” for?

3 hours ago, preeya said:

She said "Professor Snipe" & I say fire her ASAP. We've seen enough of her antics.

I’ve never watched this show before, but I saw this episode on a very large screen TV, and when she called him “Professor Snape,” I was able to clearly see on the large screen that he smiled slightly — which surprised me, because her tone was rude. 
However:
I’ve only read a few pages of the first Harry Potter book, but skimming the Wikipedia commentary for Snape reveals calling someone by that name would also include a measure of respect and appreciation. 

But what I was really wondering:
is the evil abuser who could not be killed by hypothermia or a knife in the eye gone for good now? Or will he be back to terrorize his gf (and the doc(s) who almost cut him up for parts) again?

Likewise:
Will the new Dad likely show up again?

Or will only the fraudster pseudo-brother-in-law return?

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
5 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

I’ve never watched this show before, but I saw this episode on a very large screen TV, and when she called him “Professor Snape,” I was able to clearly see on the large screen that he smiled slightly — which surprised me, because her tone was rude. 

I stand corrected.

Zola should just go work in some place like a refugee camp, something like 'doctors without borders' where she can mcgyver care to her hearts content.  not saying they don't have standards (quite the contrary) but i feel like she has too many resources at her disposal to make good sense of them.

on a more shallow note, just get her off my screen already, she's ruining this season.

• Like 5

She is truly awful and I want her off now. Nothing can redeem her.

Running a test early is one thing. But she wasn't following established protocols on the temp and then was going to take him up before 24 hours of "brain dead." She was just barreling through not caring at all. 

• Like 2

I had to laugh out loud when Dr Marcel glanced at the abused girl's cleavage and thought to use breast implants to stabilize that heart during surgery.

• LOL 1
8 hours ago, dsteele said:

I had to laugh out loud when Dr Marcel glanced at the abused girl's cleavage and thought to use breast implants to stabilize that heart during surgery.

It was actually Zola doing the glancing and her idea. 

• Like 2
(edited)
On 4/1/2024 at 7:00 AM, dsteele said:

21 hours ago, KeithJ said:

It was actually Zola doing the glancing and her idea. 

I thought it was the best part of the episode.

I got the impression that we were supposed to see Zola cluing to the off-label use of the implants precisely because she was a female with "pillowy" body structures.👶🏻👶🏼

But, yeah, a guy might too?

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Like 1
On 3/31/2024 at 6:18 PM, Bobcatkitten said:

Running a test early is one thing. But she wasn't following established protocols on the temp and then was going to take him up before 24 hours of "brain dead." She was just barreling through not caring at all. 

All I kept thinking was, it's exactly that behavior that causes some people to be afraid to identify themselves as organ donors. My mother refused to indicate that she was an organ donor on her driver's license because she believed that doctors wouldn't work as hard to save her if they thought she had organs they could use.

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
10 hours ago, JenLily said:

All I kept thinking was, it's exactly that behavior that causes some people to be afraid to identify themselves as organ donors. My mother refused to indicate that she was an organ donor on her driver's license because she believed that doctors wouldn't work as hard to save her if they thought she had organs they could use.

Wow. That’s an excellent point. 

• Like 1

I don't see how any residency program could possibly allow Ahmad to continue to get credentialed as a doctor.

It is one thing to not recognize the lines of authority and reporting. That is a political issue and generally a career killer but doesn't make someone completely unfit to be a doctor.

However, rolling someone in to have organs taken out before the protocol has played out is the most basic breach of medical ethics. The protocol doesn't exist just for "political" reasons - it exists for actual medical/ethical/practical reasons. And even if there is a single instance in which a 24 hour delay might make a difference to an individual, the reality is that the organs will still be usable for other patients after protocol is observed. Larger good after all.

This is her third strike. Any rational person would not color outside the lines at least until they were on their own.

And she is certainly free to use her medical training to work for causes that have an impact on medical care delivery in the US where her "passion" coupled with her expertise would be functional since it isn't a clinical setting where she endangers patients

Chicago Med has always had the standard trope of doctors who are willing to bend the rules for the good of their patient - interesting that Ahmad is - to my recollection - the doctor who went so far as to not be viewed positively as the "heroic" doctor. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 2