Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E02: The Wizard of Oz Night

• Start Topic

(edited)

Four new celebrities sing their hearts out and celebrate iconic moments from the legendary "The Wizard of Oz" film; LeAnn Rimes performs.

Edited by pezgirl7

I think the Hound was the worst sounding singer that has ever appeared on this show. Her family must be really hard up for money, but I give her props for being on the show to support them. Gumball was my favorite so I was bummed to see him in the bottom two. 

• Like 2

I only know these Crissly people from seeing commercials for their reality show so I know nothing about them.   But I know I saw the daughter on some other show delivering almost the speech about her parents entering "the federal system" and getting her siblings, etc.  I don't know what else I would have been watching with her on it (and I think it was even a show where she had to reveal herself) but I had a huge case of deja vu.  She was far and away the worst singer I've ever seen on this show, but it was obvious she was going home before she opened her mouth based on the simple costume.  

• Like 4

Savannah Chrissly was terrible and I have no idea who she is but if she's supporting her minor siblings because her parents did tax crimes, good for her. 

The Beets give me so much joy. The clues had me leaning one way but once I heard them singing and especially together, I knew this one. 

Spoiler

Ruben Studdard and Clay Aiken! The brothers comments had me expecting real brothers but they're chosen brothers which is adorable. I can't believe its been over 20 years since their season of American Idol. 

Also, I knew Cleocatra from the first line. 

Spoiler

Jenifer Lewis! She has such a distinct voice. I love her so much. She's amazing in everything. That opening scene in Sister Act where you can see her and Whoopi having a fight while performing on stage is comedy gold. I've been a fan since I was a little girl. 

Gumball is harder. Vocally he reminds me of a couple of people but then I can't make the clues fit. Superhero people who can sing is a thing (the CW had a decade of shows) but then I can't make the Southern clue fit. When I have someone from the south who may line up vocally, I don't have a superhero match. The spider throws me off completely. I need another week of clues.

• Like 2

We've had some really bad singers on this show over the years.  Caitlyn Jenner, Mama and Honey Boo Boo, Rudy Giuliani, Logan Paul, Kirstie Alley, etc.  And Kevin Hart.  I'd say Mama and Honey Boo Boo were the absolute worst.

However, this Savannah Chrisley ranks way up there.  She admits she can't sing.  She stops singing and laughs at times.  Why was she even on the show?    Frankly, I can't stand the Chrisleys.  They committed bank fraud and tax evasion.  Just the very definition of greed, they must have been rolling in money because of their stupid TV shows and yet still wanted more.

I guess I really dislike these reality TV families like the Kardashians that basically do nothing yet for some reason people love watching them.

I was particularly disgusted by the way this woman was making herself and her parents to be victims.  "I lost my parents to the federal system so now I have to take care of my siblings."  Well, yes, you "lost" your parents.  BECAUSE THEY ARE FELONS.

I have no idea why Masked Singer wanted her on the show.  For sympathy?  I hope this couple is banned from TV after they get out of prison.  I don't know what the terms of their sentences were but I hope there were punitive monetary damages.  Take away the thing they valued most.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, vibeology said:

The Beets give me so much joy. The clues had me leaning one way but once I heard them singing and especially together, I knew this one. 

Oh yes, there's no doubt the beets are:

Spoiler

Clay and Ruben

2 hours ago, blackwing said:

have no idea why Masked Singer wanted her on the show.  For sympathy?

For the same reason they had Giuliani, Jenner, and Palin. The same reason DWTS had Tom DeLay, Sean Spicer, Kate Gosselin, and Bristol Palin. It gets people talking. Clicks, eyeballs, tweets, outrage posts all over the place. Attention. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
On 3/14/2024 at 12:38 AM, Soapy Goddess said:

Anyone else think the Cat sounded like Mario Cantone?

Thank you, I was trying to remember his name. Sounds exactly like him!

On 3/14/2024 at 11:48 AM, Gemma Violet said:

Hide contents

Clay and Ruben

Spoiler

As soon as I heard left beet I knew it was Clay, immediately.

• Like 2

The Nicole to Rita trade was pretty seamless.  I don't feel like the show is missing something as a result.

I was impressed with all three that were safe.  There's some real talent there.

I was not impressed with LeeAnn's interpretation of Somewhere Over the Rainbow.  Didn't work for me.

Mrs. GenX is now a spoiler-free 2 for 2.  I'll be lucky to guess 2 the entire season!

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

Reveal spoiler

Clay and Ruben

I had to go back and re-watch it. I always DVR it and save it for a few days in case I want to go back to re- watch something. I think you're right.

• Like 1