Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E21: Climbing Down From Decision Day

This topic is under Yellow Light Status.

• Start Topic

58 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

Many factors go into the rent/own decision. Turning a profit long term is only one of them.

When I was buying my house, everyone I consulted said not to buy unless you were planning on spending five years, minimum, in the home. That's assuming you live in an area where housing costs remain stable or trend upward. So if Michael isn't sure where he is planning to be in a few years, renting is the smarter financial move, without even considering other factors such as enjoying downtown life, not having to bother with home maintenance, potentially living in a building with more amenities than a home would have, etc.

The five year rule is good in some areas but in larger cities , not as much.
Michael himself has said he wants a wife and family (although now I’m wondering if he just wanted to be on tv). A family can have a nice life in an apartment but the kind of family his wife wants would be better suited in a house. 

• Like 3
14 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Wrong thread. 

This show is so all over the place, can posting in the wrong place even be a thing??

• Fire 1
  • LOL 5
On 3/27/2024 at 2:43 PM, Crashcourse said:

I think Michael is reluctant to live with Chloe, whether they're renting or buying.  She's already told him she envisions living on some ranch with enough land and room for her animals and foster kids.  That is a lot a lot for anyone to deal with, and I just don't think he's on board with that. 

Even if they say Yes on Decision Day, I don't think they'll stay together. 

Absolutely you could see the shock in Michael's eyes when she lowered that boom!

I wonder why that wasn't discussed with the experts during the interview process.  That's a huge want list.  I'm sure 97% of all men would say no thank you!

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
On 3/27/2024 at 3:43 PM, Crashcourse said:

I think Michael is reluctant to live with Chloe, whether they're renting or buying.  She's already told him she envisions living on some ranch with enough land and room for her animals and foster kids.  That is a lot a lot for anyone to deal with, and I just don't think he's on board with that. 

Even if they say Yes on Decision Day, I don't think they'll stay together. 

Why the Hell would you match a woman who wants a lot of land and a farm with a man who enjoys living in a high-rise in the city?

Those are two different lifestyle choices.

There are some people I know that live in NYC and have places "out in the country" but that takes a lot of money to maintain. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1