Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E12: Reunion

• Start Topic

12 minutes ago, Hanahope said:

No one ever said Trishelle "targeted" Peppermint because she was trans.  She was "targeted" because she was 'different' and did not act in a way that Trishelle "expected" when Trishelle made her rude comment.   Whether that was because Trishelle has not been around many women of color, transwomen, or large women, is unknown.  But Trishelle took Peppermint's response, unexpected to Trishelle, and made a huge thing about it, enough that it got a whole bunch of other people talking about it.  Peppermint was surprised by the "huge thing" when it was brought up at breakfast, addressed it and and then thought it was  done.   But people still kept bringing up without any valid reason to do so (at least as shown on the TV because they appeared to have dropped the "moved air" by Parvati and the "heavy breathing" by John, once those were addressed), and it flustered Peppermint so much that it was still an issue, she was still being targeted for her 'unexpected to Trishelle' response, that she then misspoke, which subsequently doomed her.  

Have you seen any challenges, or real world? Trishelle has been around lots of people.  I don't even like Trishelle, but think this is blown way way out of proportion.  Trishelle gunned for Kate too.  Dont think its race, trans, size anything but GAME. 

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Hanahope said:

Peppermint because she was trans.  She was "targeted" because she was 'different' and did not act in a way that Trishelle "expected" when Trishelle made her rude comment. 

And if I remember correctly, we saw Peppermint's reaction and it was a nothingburger, IMO.  A nothingburger that Trishelle blew up.

4 minutes ago, Cherry Styles said:

Have you seen any challenges, or real world? Trishelle has been around lots of people. 

She came into The Traitors with a reputation of being the queen of microaggressions because of what she did in The Challenge. The way she reacted to Peppermint is just a continuation of that, especially since she went after Peppermint first.  Being around a lot of different people doesn't prevent someone from performing acts of microaggression.

• Like 5
58 minutes ago, Hanahope said:

No one ever said Trishelle "targeted" Peppermint because she was trans.  She was "targeted" because she was 'different' and did not act in a way that Trishelle "expected" when Trishelle made her rude comment.   Whether that was because Trishelle has not been around many women of color, transwomen, or large women, is unknown.  But Trishelle took Peppermint's response, unexpected to Trishelle, and made a huge thing about it, enough that it got a whole bunch of other people talking about it.  Peppermint was surprised by the "huge thing" when it was brought up at breakfast, addressed it and and then thought it was  done.   But people still kept bringing up without any valid reason to do so (at least as shown on the TV because they appeared to have dropped the "moved air" by Parvati and the "heavy breathing" by John, once those were addressed), and it flustered Peppermint so much that it was still an issue, she was still being targeted for her 'unexpected to Trishelle' response, that she then misspoke, which subsequently doomed her.  

In addition to this, we are taking about Peppermint's perception of the events and all the emotions that it triggers within her and all of trauma that she may have experienced in her past because she was 'different.' Peppermint is talking about how she felt, and all of the things it reminded her of.

People were grasping at straws and will take any little thing to single someone out. It's the nature of the game and the show. People will take one small and insignificant thing and blow it up. It doesn't even have to make sense. If the subject all of that negative attention can't make sense of why they are getting all of that negative attention, it doesn't seem like a leap for them to think 'it's like being in high school all over again when [XYZ] happened and/or I was bullied because I was different, and I recognize that it's happening again to me now in this game.'

• Like 3
(edited)

Yeah, thanks to the people who read what I wrote and understood what I was saying as well as what Peppermint was driving at.

Peppermint also did what many have to do, which is choose her words wisely because people get so caught up about being accused of something even when you break down what Unconscious bias actually means that they'll shut down the very existence of it altogether. 

I know I responded twice about this, but they mysteriously disappeared. But many of you managed to respond better than I could directly anyway.

The crux of this issue was that Trishelle, one single person, inititated something because she wasn't accustomed to the different interaction with Peppermint, and then wouldn't let only that instance of all the other suspicious behavior go, so even after Peppermint thought it was squashed, it became a "witch hunt" (which, ironically, is quite literally the best, most fitting terminology for that, given that's what their origins were) that led to her being on the defense all day until she slipped with her wording and got sent home.

It does feel like high school. And being different will have that effect. 

But yeah, I think it's fascinating just how many queer and people of color had that incident resonate with them so much and clocked it. I think it's unfortunate that there isn't the space for them to acknowledge that without it getting shut down, though. 

But yeah, I thought Peppermint really stated it so eloquently, and in a way that people could hear her without most getting defensive about it. But it still made me sad that John shut her down a bit, and it still went over so many people's heads regardless. 

7 hours ago, DEL901 said:

@30helens it is in Alan’s intractable that he keeps his wardrobe.  

I would've negotiated the same deal because his wardrobe was fabulous the entire time!! I couldn't wait to see him enter a room. But that funeral outfit was by far my favorite thing ever!

I think the only one I didn't care for was the bedazzled snuggie! 😆

Edited by Sweet-n-Snarky
  • Like 6

I did not get Phaedra or MJ being mad.

MJ did nothing the whole game and was wrong almost the entire time. Up until the end, she was backing Phaedra; then she was backing Kate.

I don't think Dan went after Phaedra to be mean--at that point, it was his only out (due to his crappy playing up to then). He had to point the finger at a real traitor. Everyone already suspected Parvati so going that way, did nothing. But if he outed someone not well suspected, many would think "huh, maybe Dan is ok after all." 

I also have less sympathy with Phaedra because she hardly ever seemed to contribute anything. As Kate said--no plan. If Phaedra had more of a plan versus "whatever you want" then I'd be more in her corner. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
On 3/8/2024 at 2:47 PM, MartyQui said:

I would have outed Phaedra too…she was clearly in a bloc that was going to carry her to the end.  And I’m sorry, but all the “bless you” stuff just turned my stomach.  I can’t stand her and her eyelashes.

I 100% agree. I don't watch any of the CBS reality shows except Amazing Race, so I had never seen Dan before this show started. I also don't watch any housewives shows or wherever MJ came from either. Dan was absolutely correct about Phaedra - nobody ever suspected her and she had a voting block that would stick with her to the end. I find her niceness completely as phony as her eyelashes. Her "you're a son of a bitch" was the real her. I usually root for the traitors for some reason, but I couldn't stand her, or any of these traitors really except for Kate (I do watch Below Deck! 😜) who was surprisingly a terrible traitor.

I think it's hilarious that the gamers are all whatever, its a game, and all the bravo gals are pissed, although I don't blame MJ for being salty. No, she didn't really earn her place in the finale, but if they had just unapologetically said "we've been friends a long time and we didn't want to share the pot with a third person" it would shut that down. But if the point of banishment is to root out traitors, it is kind of shitty because they knew she wasn't a traitor. They just didn't want to share with her!

I am glad to see there is a way for the faithfuls to win, but I do wonder if that would have happened if Phaedra had picked anyone besides Kate, and if there had not been a final murder before the finale. Still, overall an enjoyable season. Can't wait for the next one!

• Like 3
On 3/9/2024 at 3:47 PM, meep.meep said:

I knew they wouldn't bring it up on the show, but was the cast paid?

I read somewhere on the internet that the British cast (made up of ordinary people) gets paid a nominal sum every day they're on the show, to make up for lost wages. The American cast is reality tv celebs, who probably don't need the money but are also probably being paid more than the Brit cast.

• Like 2
(edited)
On 3/12/2024 at 5:36 PM, Ilovepie said:

I am glad to see there is a way for the faithfuls to win,

I've seen two complete seasons of the American version and one complete season of the UK version so far (UK season 2 is still in progress) and

Spoiler

the Faithfuls are ahead two to one

. It may get hard for Traitors to stay under the radar when everybody is suspicious of everybody else, or just not willing to share the pot at the very end.

I haven't binged Australia yet, tho, so that could change the rankings.

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Like 1
18 minutes ago, NeenerNeener said:

I've seen two complete seasons of the American version and one complete season of the UK version so far (UK season 2 is still in progress) and…

@NeenerNeener maybe it would be good to put the part that comes after that under a spoiler tag. We’re all watching at different paces. 

• Like 1
On 3/16/2024 at 3:59 PM, NeenerNeener said:

I've seen two complete seasons of the American version and one complete season of the UK version so far (UK season 2 is still in progress) and

Reveal spoiler

the Faithfuls are ahead two to one

. It may get hard for Traitors to stay under the radar when everybody is suspicious of everybody else, or just not willing to share the pot at the very end.

I haven't binged Australia yet, tho, so that could change the rankings.

I am in the middle of the UK season, so I will not open the spoiler tag, but this kind of gives it away.........

• LOL 2
2 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

I am in the middle of the UK season, so I will not open the spoiler tag, but this kind of gives it away.........

I was looking up something about Season 1 of the UK show, and while looking that up, I absent-mindedly clicked on Season 2 of the UK show and saw how it ended... and I was pissed that I spoiled it for myself. After successfully avoiding spoilers for a while now, it was my own dumbass fault that it was spoiled. 😂

Having seen two seasons of US, 2 of UK and one of AU (season 2 isn't on Peacock yet, but I've read about the result and ....WOW) I think I prefer the US version because I don't feel so bad about celebrities being hoodwinked and backstabbed. The casts made up of regular people were more creative in their treachery, but I cared more about the folks who lost. And as for hosts: Alan Cumming > Claire Winkleman > Rodger Corser.

I think I read somewhere that the Australian version was canceled for lack of ratings, right after season two aired. Go figure.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, NeenerNeener said:

I think I prefer the US version because I don't feel so bad about celebrities being hoodwinked and backstabbed. The casts made up of regular people were more creative in their treachery, but I cared more about the folks who lost.

That's exactly why I preferred the UK series one version, the stakes were much higher.  $50K (or pounds) is a much bigger deal for a regular person rather than a reality show alum.

(edited)
4 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

That's exactly why I preferred the UK series one version, the stakes were much higher.  $50K (or pounds) is a much bigger deal for a regular person rather than a reality show alum.

The regular UK people play hard, much harder than the USA regular people for the one season we had them.

The UK people are also good at creating drama as well as they are good at creative gameplay. Even though I spoiled the ending for myself on the UK show, I still find the people enjoyable to watch.

Edited by AntFTW
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

I binge watched both seasons of the US show in a few days.  I kind of looked at the UK version trailer and it looked like they had the exact same challenges the US show had.  I thought there would be no point to watch the same challenges again, so I didn't watch.  Are they the same challenges?  Do I still need to watch with the few days I have left on my Peacock subscription?

32 minutes ago, bunnyface said:

I binge watched both seasons of the US show in a few days.  I kind of looked at the UK version trailer and it looked like they had the exact same challenges the US show had.  I thought there would be no point to watch the same challenges again, so I didn't watch.  Are they the same challenges?  Do I still need to watch with the few days I have left on my Peacock subscription?

Same setting, same challenges, totally different people. I’d say if you liked the US version, and have the time on your hands, go for it. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, bunnyface said:

Yup. Same challenges.

Watch the UK version. At least watch the first season.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, meep.meep said:

Ack!  I opened this to read about the US Reunion, not spoilers for the UK Season!  There's another thread for that.

Oops, sorry!  I honestly didn’t think what I posted would be considered a spoiler. It’s too late to edit my post now but maybe if you flag it, a mod can put it behind a spoiler tag.