Type keyword(s) to search

S28:08: Week 8 Hometowns!

• Start Topic

@JenE4 I was obviously confused by Maria's whole story too.  

I could have sworn there was a "mom emotionally unavailable" component in her story as well as the accident.  Vague story at best.

And even if the accident story is true, her mom was sitting right there.  Didn't she cook the meal?  Why did she not say a word?  Joey handed her flowers.  Whole thing, odd.

OTOH, Daisy's parents were adorable.  I loved when her dad said well, what's the worst that can happen if Joey doesn't pick you?  You're not going to go deaf again, and Daisy laughed.  It's great that they have a sense of humor about this.

• Like 5
  • Love 3
23 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

Saw US Highway 10 in the background! I've been by this Christmas tree farm before.

Me too!  We were just on 10 on our way to Pequot Lakes on Friday! 

(edited)
1 hour ago, JenE4 said:

That wasn’t her mother. Her mother left her when Maria was very young This is why she’s especially daddy’s girl.

However, it’s interesting how many of us (or at least speaking for myself) didn’t like her day 1 but then gave her the benefit of the doubt when everyone was calling her the devil for just existing. THEN we (I) turned on her again once all of her “natural enemies” were gone and she became her own very worst enemy by how she was acting—she had no one else to play against. So now I think we need to give Sydney and Lea and whomever else the benefit of the doubt Maria likely was manipulative off camera but they just didn’t do a good enough job of providing examples OR (and most likely) the producers/editors wanted to hide some of the crazy and just play up the sexy so when she later couldn’t hide her behavior we’d be more surprised about it. I’ve read articles where Joey had just responded with a “stay tuned” kind of message when asked about the Maria vs half the girls drama, that more about Maria would come out. Joey didn’t come out and say, okay, now I see what everyone meant about you—but he had to have been thinking it.

I don’t see this at all.  There is nothing that I saw in Maria’s behavior that would lead me to credit Lea or Sydney.  They were accusing her of being nasty and belittling other women.  What happened the last two weeks was someone who clearly hasn’t got a lot of experience but whose father probably gives second chances to not realizing that she didn’t have that sort of privilege in the bachelor.  She acted like Joey should keep giving her do overs.

Edited by call me ishmael
Grammar
  • Like 6
  • Applause 1
On 3/4/2024 at 8:23 PM, Riplet68 said:

Maria is totally lying about never being on the Maid of the Mist.  How come they didn’t get to wear the hot pink rain jackets?  And when did they change to pink?  They’ve always been blue. 

I went to Niagara last summer. On the American side, we wore blue. But the Canadian boat looked like they were wearing red. Maybe it was a pinkish red?

4 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

Joey was over Maria. Did anyone notice his expression after she told him she was in love with him? I knew then she was done. 

When I saw his DGAF expression as she declared her love, I thought "Wait. He must be masking his reaction, cause there's no way they'd telegraph the ending." But sure enough, that's exactly what they did. I guess it's nice to see that Joey is no actor when it comes to feigning happiness.

• Like 8