Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: Wake Me Up When September Ends

• Start Topic

thewayhome-ep4-2825-rt.jpg

Alice reevaluates the past and her friendship with Elliot; Kat discovers that history is told by the winners; Del questions the stories she tells herself.

Premiere Date: February 18, 2024      Hallmark   9 pm 

vs_39276.jpg

14 hours ago, BMGepinniw said:

Anyone know what Kat and Elliott were talking about at the of the episode?  

Alice and Elliot were talking on his front porch steps near the end. She asked if he really had loved Kat all these many years, as she had just returned from seeing her parents getting engaged (revealing Elliot’s broken heart). He finally gave her the picture he took, as Alice had just seen it for herself.

17 hours ago, sskrill said:

I'm not sure anything actually happened this episode... 

Well, Del gets to babysit the horse... otherwise ...?

We know that Susanna is the “white witch”, we know who runs the town in 1814, we’ve known since last week that Jacob is returning home on a ship, out on the Atlantic and based on discussions, has returned. Those men in the woods-we don’t yet know what side of the war they’re on, but chances are, they’re siding with the Crown. In US politics at the time, some were promoting expansion into Canada, and I don’t imagine these rabble rousers want their farms to come under US Territorial rule. (The War of 1812, which lasted until 1815, was very complicated). Jacob was out to sea during an extremely tumultuous time in maritime history! If he is, indeed, back, he’s very lucky.

It’s not a bad show but it needs to move so much faster. Kat needs to meet Jacob sooner rather than later and I’m worried they are going drag out more with the “that means she going to find out about… she’s going to hate me” stuff 🙄 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, t7686 said:

Kat needs to meet Jacob sooner rather than later and I’m worried they are going drag out more with the “that means she going to find out about… she’s going to hate me” stuff 🙄 

I wasn't completely clear in my earlier question (to which Daff very nicely provided an answer - thanks!).  It was this question from Kat to Elliot just before Alice starts singing that I wasn't sure about, that maybe I had missed something.  My doggo was being a little brat while I was trying to watch the program.  🐶

1 hour ago, BMGepinniw said:

I wasn't completely clear in my earlier question (to which Daff very nicely provided an answer - thanks!).  It was this question from Kat to Elliot just before Alice starts singing that I wasn't sure about, that maybe I had missed something.  My doggo was being a little brat while I was trying to watch the program.  🐶

I guess that is a mystery of this season. Clearly Kat does something she thinks will upset Alice.

My guess is she cheats on Brady at some point, maybe she and Elliot even hook up? It doesn't seem to fit with what we know about Elliot, but they also mislead us about Alice never returning. And I can't think of what else could make Alice angry at her mom.

I agree they need to speed things up. I watched most of season 1 via a marathon so I am not used to waiting for things.

• Like 2

My mom and I watched this tonight and we both don't believe in season 1 we ever heard the word "Jake."  It was always "Jacob."   And now it's all Jake this and Jake that and Jake's pond.  Was he ever Jake before?

Am I evil for not caring about teen Elliott's heartbreak? They have known each forever. He should have made a move.  She either turns you down or kiss you. I have never been a fan of this romantic subgenre unless the leads have insane chemistry and you can see they both want it.