Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E02: Dropping Bombs

• Start Topic

Danny and Baez join forces with Danny's old partner, Jackie Curatola (Jennifer Esposito), when a serial killer reappears. Also, Eddie faces backlash whens she tries to help a woman who accuses a sergeant of rape; Jamie clashes with his nephew, Joe Hill (Will Hochman), when Joe interferes with Jamie's undercover operation; and Frank is blindsided when Mayor Chase publicly suggests bringing back a Commission of Police, on BLUE BLOODS, Friday, Feb. 23 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network, and streaming on Paramount+

Only watched part so far. Jamie and Joe are acting like children. 

Eddie is grandstanding again. Foolish. 

Frank looked just like Teddy Roosevelt—right after they mention former P.C. Teddy Roosevelt.  Coincidence?  

• Like 1
(edited)

Joe! Excited to see him back and family dinner. I was wondering why he wasn't the one undercover last week, good to see him show up now.  

Eddie isn't a partner is right, he should get a new partner. She made all the decisions on her own and didn't even tell her superior this time it's rape victim, next time could result in him hurt.  She should have been written up, but she's a Regan and was right so gets away with everything. She even called the DA over her boss.  

Jackie is the return from earlier seasons for this episode.  Nice to see her again on last season.

Was Baez a little jealous? Then also the first reason the serial killer threw at Danny on why he's single is because of her. 

Why is Jamie again at dinner but yet so mad earlier that Joe is breaking his cover. Meeting in churches and graveyards.  Then he goes to dinner with Joe at the commissioner house? 

Edited by Artsda
  • Like 5
11 hours ago, EtheltoTillie said:

Frank looked just like Teddy Roosevelt—right after they mention former P.C. Teddy Roosevelt.  Coincidence?  

I had this thought last week when Frank was in the Mayor's office.

IMO, the producers are doing this intentionally.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, cameron said:

Joe Hill overplays his devotion to his dead father.  His father was killed before he was even born.

I know they never met, but he didn't die before he was born did he?  Joe's got to be at least 20, and this show has only been on 14 years, and I thought Joe died right before the show started.

Eddie should have given her partner a head's up, definitely, no question about it.  But, she did the right thing rushing that rape kit and getting it kicked up the ladder before it got covered up.

I thought when Jamie went to dinner last week, it meant he was done with the undercover. Not in love with that story.

• Like 3
(edited)

Wait a minute, have they identified the owner of that finger in the box?

The part where a serial killer tries to get into Danny’s head by talking about his single life is a bit contrived. The writers just need to go there, huh. 🙄

It’s so good to see Jackie again. Danny seems to be more cheerful when she’s around. Could these two be the endgame?

Am just tired of Eddie and her antics. Just go and work with Saint Olivia in SVU already. 😒

Jamie turning up at Sunday’s dinner again this week is ridiculous. He needs to lie low after getting “arrested” earlier.

I hope the death of his CI will kick Joe off his high horse. He can be a real jerk sometimes. Just go and kill/cook a swan for Truman Capote in Feud or whatever. 😒

2 hours ago, Katy M said:

I know they never met, but he didn't die before he was born did he? Joe's got to be at least 20, and this show has only been on 14 years, and I thought Joe died right before the show started.

Joe was conceived when his parents were at police academy. His mother never graduated, she left once she found out she’s pregnant. She didn’t tell Joe Sr. about this because they weren’t exclusive.

Edited by Snazzy Daisy
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
5 hours ago, Katy M said:

I know they never met, but he didn't die before he was born did he?  Joe's got to be at least 20, and this show has only been on 14 years, and I thought Joe died right before the show started.

Joe died about a year before the show started. Jamie decided to join the police force and enter the academy after Joe's death. 

Joe Hill is a bit frightening but in a way that's fun to watch. It's Danny's temper/disregard for the rules and Jamie's brains/intellect. 

Last week I thought Jamie's beard looked awful, but I think it looks better this week. 

Jamie showing up family dinner while undercover is totally ridiculous, but I simultaneously love it. 

• Like 5
18 hours ago, Katy M said:

Eddie should have given her partner a head's up, definitely, no question about it.  But, she did the right thing rushing that rape kit and getting it kicked up the ladder before it got covered up.

I thought when Jamie went to dinner last week, it meant he was done with the undercover. Not in love with that story.

Joe was killed before he even found out that the lady was pregnant with his child.  Rewatch the episode when they first introduce Joe's mom and the Reagan's learn about him.

• Useful 1
6 hours ago, cameron said:

Joe was killed before he even found out that the lady was pregnant with his child.  Rewatch the episode when they first introduce Joe's mom and the Reagan's learn about him.

How do we know that our Joe didn't know about him?

His mother told me.

Sure it isn't some kind of scam or something? Yeah, you sure this whole thing checks out?

They use the same DNA tests that you guys use for crime scenes.

Very accurate. So, what... this makes him 25, 26?

Joe was introduced in season 10. No way Joe died 14 years before the series started.

6 hours ago, Katy M said:

Joe was introduced in season 10. No way Joe died 14 years before the series started.

Joe Hill didn't know Joe Reagan was his father until one of Danny's sons did a home DNA test for fun or a school project (I can't remember which), and that's how they discovered that Joe Hill was a biological relative/Joe Hill discovered he was a Reagan. Joe's mother told him that his father was a police officer, but I do not think she ever told him who his biological father was specifically.  

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Sarah 103 said:

Joe Hill didn't know Joe Reagan was his father until one of Danny's sons did a home DNA test for fun or a school project (I can't remember which), and that's how they discovered that Joe Hill was a biological relative/Joe Hill discovered he was a Reagan. Joe's mother told him that his father was a police officer, but I do not think she ever told him who his biological father was specifically.  

Yes, I know all of that.  but, he can still not know about his son without being dead.  The other poster is insisting that Joe died while the woman was pregnant.

• Like 2

Is the whole Jamie deep undercover thing even plausible? Considering that the Reagan family is so well known, it seems really risky, one news article about the family and his cover is blown, then what? 

Eddie is the most insufferable tv character since Janice Soprano

• Like 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, TheCathedral said:

Is the whole Jamie deep undercover thing even plausible? Considering that the Reagan family is so well known, it seems really risky, one news article about the family and his cover is blown, then what?

I would say maybe to not really. They did something similar in season 2 and it was more ridiculous because they had him going back and forth between the undercover assignment and being out on patrol. 

Edited by Sarah 103
  • Like 3
5 hours ago, TheCathedral said:

I know. It's stupid.  Not only is his family semi-famous, but he's been a cop in that city for a long time.  He could run into someone he's arrested before.  It's why I don't like Jamie undercover stories.  Nothing will beat the one where he was undercover at night and walking a beata during the day as far as ultimate stupidity goes, but in reality, if Jamie wanted to get into undercover work, he'd have to do it in Florida, or something.

4 hours ago, Sarah 103 said:

I would say maybe to not really. They did something similar in season 2 and it was more ridiculous because they had him going back and forth between the undercover assignment and being out on patrol. 

Should have read your post first.  I could have saved myself a rant.  But, then again, where's the fun in that?

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Katy M said:

I know. It's stupid.  Not only is his family semi-famous, but he's been a cop in that city for a long time.  He could run into someone he's arrested before.  It's why I don't like Jamie undercover stories.  Nothing will beat the one where he was undercover at night and walking a beata during the day as far as ultimate stupidity goes, but in reality, if Jamie wanted to get into undercover work, he'd have to do it in Florida, or something.

I think you added some highly relevant and valid points to the discussion so I'm glad you didn't read my post before posting your comments/rant. 

• Like 2
(edited)
On 2/25/2024 at 7:31 AM, cameron said:

I don’t remember the episode   Joe Hill has to be 30 or older.   He’s only about 10 years younger than Jamie.  Which meshes with the idea that Joe’s mom got pregnant at the academy.  Why she never told Joe Sr was never answered adequately other than she wanted to raise him without  interference from Joe Sr.  Joe Sr died just a couple of years before season 1- the entire family was grieving and Frank, Danny and Jamie worked together to solve his murder.  Which was done by cops.  Specifically the Blue Templars, which Joe Sr found out were criminals.  

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 1
(edited)

I think Eddie was smart to get the woman who'd been raped out of there and to the hospital. She's seen the way cops close ranks behind one of their own.

And I like how she's been developing a relationship with her captain, from how they worked on dealing with the shoplifting kid to the captain urging Eddie to report the dead rat in her locker.

It's frightening when cops decide to give out their own version of justice AND when they feel like it's okay to mistreat someone they've arrested.

Also, I liked the comment above about how Joe is a combination of Danny and Jamie. He's certainly got that Reagan asshole/entitlement gene!

Edited by kwnyc
Typos