Type keyword(s) to search

Love Prison - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Oops, well that's just sad on my part.  Let's blame my lack of intelligence on my headache, shall we?  Reading comprehension is not gonna happen for me today.

*steps away from the keyboard to go lie down in the dark*

Ha, no problem!  I have done that many a time!

"I AM FUN!!!!".

No, Nicole is not fun, unless you count the fun I shall have snarking on her.     First, 2004 called with Paris Hilton on the phone.    She wants her look back.   

Second, body builders spend about every waking minute on their hobby.   If you're not big into the fitness lifestyle, you likely won't be compatible.

Third,  I think you lied about your age, your smoking status, and definitely your fitness level and physique.

Finally, I think Lawrence noticed her Tanning Mom level of color, and contacted her because he thought she could get him a good discount on pro-tan, being a bodybuilder and all.

I must be an old, because "online dating"  to me means you go online, view profiles, and then meet the ones in person you're interested in.   Does "online dating now mean texting and Skype in lieu of face to face meetings?    

YES to all of this!

I'm wondering if these people who never met but texted for a length of time weren't really as interested in pursuing a relationship from the get go.  Maybe like one of those mild Facebook flirtations of someone you have no intention of actually meeting but you enjoy that little flirtation?  Otherwise, seemingly the people that don't live that far away would have met already.

• Love 1

I finally caught this episode last night and I went back and forth on feeling bad for Chris. Rosie was a mess, no doubt about it, but I think Chris was willing to overlook that because he thought she was attractive and he wanted to have sex with her. I don't buy that after 2 years of talking, he's never seen the bitchy, petty, and conceited side of Rosie that we saw in this episode. Nope...not buying it. I'm sure he has passed up many adorable, normal, well-adjusted women regularly because they weren't 'hot' enough, too.

As an aside, Rosie was okay looking. She was not hot, imo, at all.

Finally, it's irrational to expect a person you are talking to 3,000 miles away to be "faithful" to you.

Exactly!  Why are these people expecting someone you are only in an online relationship with -- that you've never met! -- to be in some committed relationship with you?

• Love 2

I liked Kenneth. He seemed to be logical and realistic. Good luck because I think her high maintenance issues will continue to grow.

Agreed.

I also didn't really think she was good looking enough to model and the voice was to annoying for acting, so I don't know if I'd be chasing her career around.

I thought he was sexy as hell though!  

Edited by sasha206

WTH? Laya is in need of some serious therapy. Yeah, Casey is a bit fast, but to do the "come here/go away" thing is not normal. Even if she was in an arranged marriage as she said at the end, she'd never ever have sex with her husband, I think. There's just something really, really wrong there, I wish she'd talked a little more about her life, growing up, etc.

He's been married twice and both times it died at the 5 year point. Well, buddy, guess what.... marriage is a two-way street and it takes work on both parts. Of course, I don't know what his exes are like, but I get a vibe from him that it's got to be hot and heavy all the time or he will become Mr. Crankypants.

• Love 3

Casey's an impatient jerk with an overinflated sense of self-importance, and Laya's a nervous whacko with self-immolation issues.  And how come we didn't see his video revelations?

I swear this show filters for people who definitely will NOT get along together in person.

• Love 3

Casey's an impatient jerk with an overinflated sense of self-importance, and Laya's a nervous whacko with self-immolation issues.  And how come we didn't see his video revelations?

I swear this show filters for people who definitely will NOT get along together in person.

Definitely! I haven't even seen any of it but it seemed like that would be how it would work. It seems unlikely that 2 'normal' people in an online relationship would ever get chosen, they wouldn't be as entertaining/annoying.

Yeah, I figured he'd call his KIDS.

The kids were probably with one or both of his ex wives. He seems like a reasonable person, but way too pushy about sex. I had an ex like that and it was a huge turn off to always have to accept his attentions when I wasn't feeling it. That may be one of the reasons why his previous marriages did not work. Around year 3, year 5;, the wives are dealing with children and other things take priority besides being horny 24/7. Laura (the ex wife) seems like she still had a good friendship with him and gave good advice. Maybe they had a very amicable split and it was a mutual decision because she was at a different place in her life. Some folks are extra affectionate and some people do not like PDA. That would never be compatible.

Laya....I think she has some issues with her background. She must be from a traditional background, I'm thinking Indian, and made her family a promise that she wouldn't get freaky on tv. I feel like the wishy washy nature comes from that. She wants him, wants to get physically close, but them she remembers her parents glaring disapproval.... And backs off. She was the one that was always initiating the flirtation to some extent, making a bet during badminton to take shirts off, told him to talk in a low voice because she finds that sexy, these are comments that the woman makes when she's into the guy. Even in her individual interviews she seemed really into him. it seems like every single time she made a move on him, she would remember the promise to her family' or "what would papa think?" and then immediately back off. It was so bizarre. The excuses she is giving don't make sense to me, and her 'discipline' must have been engrained from her culture or family.

Very good points, Spiderella2. But Laya seemed very immature about losing at badminton. She even admitted she can't let it go when she loses at anything. That's a big red flag of some underlying baggage and probably temper and who knows what else. I don't blame Casey for choosing to go their separate ways, although she basically begged him to work with her on her issues, and thanked him for his patience with her. She came across as so scattered it was dizzying. But then his horndog ways aren't a positive either.

• Love 2

The kids were probably with one or both of his ex wives. He seems like a reasonable person, but way too pushy about sex. I had an ex like that and it was a huge turn off to always have to accept his attentions when I wasn't feeling it. That may be one of the reasons why his previous marriages did not work. Around year 3, year 5;, the wives are dealing with children and other things take priority besides being horny 24/7. Laura (the ex wife) seems like she still had a good friendship with him and gave good advice. Maybe they had a very amicable split and it was a mutual decision because she was at a different place in her life. Some folks are extra affectionate and some people do not like PDA. That would never be compatible.

Laya....I think she has some issues with her background. She must be from a traditional background, I'm thinking Indian, and made her family a promise that she wouldn't get freaky on tv. I feel like the wishy washy nature comes from that. She wants him, wants to get physically close, but them she remembers her parents glaring disapproval.... And backs off. She was the one that was always initiating the flirtation to some extent, making a bet during badminton to take shirts off, told him to talk in a low voice because she finds that sexy, these are comments that the woman makes when she's into the guy. Even in her individual interviews she seemed really into him. it seems like every single time she made a move on him, she would remember the promise to her family' or "what would papa think?" and then immediately back off. It was so bizarre. The excuses she is giving don't make sense to me, and her 'discipline' must have been engrained from her culture or family.

I guess I didn't think he was being pushy for sex.  I think he was looking for some intimacy.  And she did the push-pull thing with him the whole time.  I don't think her issues were her parents.  If so, maybe she should've considered that before agreeing to be on such a show.  She had no problem taking her top off for a bet she thought up.

I just think she's someone in need of some real therapy.  She's got some major issues.  Like he said, the only time she seemed interested in him was when he pulled away.  She jumps into bed with him to cuddle.  All he does is roll over towards her and she is up and out of bed.  

I think she does a better job at hiding the crazy but it's in there.

That said, he definitely strikes me as someone who thinks he is incredibly hot.  And who the fuck is that age and can't make a simple dinner?  I loved his comment that he doesn't cook because he makes so much money (or something like that).  

• Love 1

He seemed kind of "handsy" to me. When Laya was bending down to get something out of a bottom cupboard, his hand slid up the back of her thigh and went a little too high. He was sneaky about it. I was surprised that she didn't react. I would have backhanded him.

While I thought he was an asshat, and she was batshit... I got her point at first. She wanted to take it slow. She gave him the go-ahead for a 2, and he took it as going for a 4. If he'd stuck with a 2, he probably would have been okay. Every time she gave him the green light for something, he took it too far. That can be really scary. Then she went batshit over losing badminton.

I thought he called his ex-wife, not his Mom? Or is that who you mean by "Mommy"? And, at the end, didn't we hear Laya say "maybe I'll try Indian dating websites"? So, I think you're right about her ethnicity.  For all his "I'm not patient, I am not good at waiting..." he sure didn't go out of his way to spend money to meet her. He could have flown her to meet him (leave the kids with the nanny) if he didn't want to travel more to see her. Imagine the lessons he's (not!) teaching his kids about delayed gratification if this is how he acts!!

• Love 1

I thought he called his ex-wife, not his Mom? Or is that who you mean by "Mommy"

Yes, sorry I didn't make my joke a little clearer. :) That's how she talked to him, and vice versa, as if he was asking his Mom how to handle this girl.

When she jumped into bed with him and he put his arm around her, then she jumped out and ran away....she's got some serious intimacy problems, and I don't mean just sex. There are some people who cannot allow people to get close to them physically without going over the edge.

• Love 2

I wrote A&E a letter and have been ignored. This is the truth anyone wants it:

Your show became the nightmare of my life. You all may not care because in a world where you see people as ants and insects while you work; We go home and live lives the same as you. Or, at least we try to! We pick up the pieces to the lies that have been exposed and realize we must eliminate those people from our lives. Then, your Love Prison Reality Star Evelyn starts contacting Jerry Springer and Billy Cunningham to try and get me to do a show for money with her. Evelyn knew Mickey had a GF the whole time. #1, that GF was not me. She thought so though. He lied to me his band promoter about the whole premise of the show. He told me that he was keeping it a secret because he had to. He did not want to hear me yell. He lied about when the show was filmed to his actual GF; with whom he has been saving money to buy a house. She has been with him for two years and never had a clue about any of this. They also met on-line. So, a lot of people got hurt. I never went into the studio with Dark Entries on the 28th of September as they recorded. Mickey called me on the 26th of September like his ass was on fire and told me that the show was going to air early. I was working on his press kit and I found it to be odd how Panicky he was about your show. He was planning for the release on the 6th of October. When you released it early he was not able to paint the picture that he wanted. You were dumping the show! You guys did a psych eval. and I wonder how he passed it? He is being found to be a compulsive liar. He is telling the girl he has been with for two years that he never even filmed that show this year. He has reached out to people that I have worked with in the past and people I have personal issues with that he created by interfering in my life in the first place to form an alliance against me. This is going to be interesting. I shoot photos on Tuesday @ Loaded in Hollywood every week and he can predict my location then. We have cut ties and he is now on a smear campaign to ruin me. He will not admit to any of his lies even when they are as obvious as the nose on his face. He wanted to use the show to promote his band and his Hard Rock and Heavy Metal Community. He never planned on being with Evelyn and denies that any of the sex that took place was real on your show to the real GF who also lives in Texas. The whole situation is a mess. So, when I say your show is a nightmare and allowing him to use my laptop to do the interviews and such has also been a nightmare. I Google "Braden Island Connecticut Reality Show" while he was there filming and found out the whole truth on my own. I text him "Stay on the Love Prison Island", and he about shit himself. When he was in interviewing with producers he accidentally ass dialed me with that cheap ass phone he had. (BTW, I sold him my IPhone 5 16GB for 130 dollars; Pissed about that too) I heard everything he said. That was how I discovered her name was Evelyn when the person across the table said her name during the interviewing. I went into his friends list and she was the only Evelyn. They met in January, and I met him in February. He never told me anything about her at all. He talked about his band. When he got busted he advised me that she was the one that contacted him to be on the show. The texts and stuff between them was real but he sends those to everyone. There are many women that think they are in a relationship sex-based with him. The photos of Evelyn were outdated and super old. Some were nearly 10 years old. That was what my ex-client thought he was coming to meet. But nope it wound up being Evelyn that looked like she ate the old Evelyn. They left the island together, but when he got home he declared her to be dumb as a box of rocks. I quit working for him for several reasons. When I saw her naked photos on the web wide open for everyone to see I was super angry. It takes a lot to get respect in this industry as a woman, and I cannot condone someone that exploits themselves in such a manner. If I had the money to pay her she would drop her clothes in a minute. I detached myself on September 26th. He still will not tell the truth and declares your show to be a mistake. If he would of told the truth; It would of been way better. Better for everyone involved. He and the girl he has been with for two years online shows that this thing does work. I mean the experiment does work. But there can still be a love triangle and people can get hurt the same in a virtual relationship as they do in a real one. Keep in mind I have contemplated as a Rock Journalist telling the whole truth which is better than your show ever was. And, I can go reach out to a massive audience overseas. Mickey was a fraud.

He seemed kind of "handsy" to me. When Laya was bending down to get something out of a bottom cupboard, his hand slid up the back of her thigh and went a little too high. He was sneaky about it. I was surprised that she didn't react. I would have backhanded him.

Yes he was.  Although if the stars aligned that could've been one sexy movement right there!  

I do understand though if you are a woman going into this, knowing there is no escape for what 6 days, that you wouldn't want to get all sexed up day 1.  

He def came off as a lil pushy, but I want to know what happened to that poor girl when she was a kid. She seems very self-aware& articulate, and she's obviously very bright. I think she's someone I'd really enjoy being friends with, actually. But she couldn't get out of her own way, and Mr. Wandering Hands wasn't helping the situation...(edited to fix autocorrect ridiculousness)

Edited by Luminosa
On 10/19/2014 at 8:15 PM, peaceknit said:

I'm rewatching this show now that it's on Discovery + and that scene really creeped me out.  

I kept thinking that if he was truly a gentleman and gave her some space, he might've actually had some intimacy.  But he was so mortally wounded and wouldn't give her the space she wanted. 

That said, don't be making bets with a horny dude who won't give you the space you requested.