Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E05: On The Hook

• Start Topic

02/21/2024 (09:00PM - 10:00PM) (Wednesday) : After their defibrillator malfunctions on a call, Brett and Violet search for answers. Herrmann tries to find the perfect home for his new recliner. A secret from Gibson's past comes to light.

I like Gibson so far and was glad to learn more about his past in this episode. Even though it wasn't intentional knowing that your responsible for someones death is a heavy thing to have to live with. I'm looking forward to seeing how they continue to flesh the character out. 

• Like 3

I have a bit of trouble believing that out of the entire CFD, not one other AED malfunctioned in a similar manner, and no one did any investigation, especially with a 5 box lot.

Hermann, with his knack for get rich quick schemes, should draw up a schedule for use of the recliner.  With a nominal fee of course.  Payable in advance.

I found it amusing that while Mouch and Hermann are trying to dream up some built in obsolescence for the Slammigan, the Truck Company is using two standard Halligans to break into the hospital room.

• LOL 1

Is it just me or has the entire seasons thus far been All About Sylvie? It's like they're trying to cram in as much story for her as possible before she leaves. And it's also probably a lot cheaper to focus on EMT calls than fire and rescue scenes. 

Violet annoyed the hell out of me being such an obnoxious cheerleader for Sylvie. I get that the EMT chief was cartoonishly priggish but I sided with her smacking down Violet's insubordination.

Herrmann gets another goofball C-plot. I guess it's better than the recent drama he's been through with Cindy and then his hearing. I half expected it to turn out the chair was laced with Fentanyl or something the way people were going all mellow all of a sudden just by sitting in it. Give me one of those!

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

They were talking about blaming the EMTs for not being able to use the defibrillator.  Um, why did the EMTs have to ask them to get their external AED?  Somebody should have IMMEDIATELY gotten the AED.  It should have been sitting there when the EMTs arrived.  That's a poor job by everybody on the scene.  OF COURSE the EMTs defibrillator should have worked, but it's not their fault other people on the scene hadn't made other preparations.

• Like 3
(edited)

How long can the brain go without oxygen before there’s brain damage? The kid collapsed and it had to have taken at least 5 to 10 minutes for the ambulance to arrive. I know they were doing compressions the whole time, but they had no pulse, the defibrillator didn’t work, they had to do more compressions and then when they got the AED, they had to stop compressions to set it up. And yet the doctors say he should make a full recovery? I dunno, sounds fishy to me. 

and speaking of fishy, there’s no way Sylvie and Matt get married in a fish store. Unless they commander another boat, I guess they’ll end up at Molly’s. Or the firehouse. Hope they have phone numbers or email addresses for everyone on the invitation list. 🤣

Edited by Sake614
  • Like 2
On 2/21/2024 at 11:56 PM, mommalib said:

I like Gibson so far and was glad to learn more about his past in this episode. Even though it wasn't intentional knowing that your responsible for someones death is a heavy thing to have to live with. I'm looking forward to seeing how they continue to flesh the character out. 

Hopefully Severide comes back and stays for awhile. They could have some interesting conversations about being responsible for deaths, even though accidental or self defense. 

• Like 1

The Aquarium twist was really really stupid.  Tony really thinks Sylvie is going to have her wedding and reception in a fish store?  Look at that place, there is absolutely nowhere to put anyone anyway.  Why would the owner even agree to it?

It's been pretty clear all along that the wedding is just going to be at the firehouse (possibly the bar) so why create all of this drama over the location anyway.

• Like 2
On 2/26/2024 at 3:26 PM, KeithJ said:

Tony really thinks Sylvie is going to have her wedding and reception in a fish store?

Probably a subtle dig on a certain press conference at the Four Seasons...Landscaping offices. And/or the show couldn't get permission to film inside the actual Shedd Aquarium.