Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E01: Strike Back

• Start Topic

TUESDAY, FEB. 20

9:00-10:00 p.m. EST - (Season Premiere)

In the aftermath of the assaults in the explosive season five finale, the team must now try to understand why they were targeted and if there is a bigger plan in place. Meanwhile, Nolan must survive his last shift before his wedding to Bailey. 

The episode starts out with the main police characters standing around in a group talking strategy and who's right there with them?  Bailey.  Why exactly would a paramedic need to be involved in a police strategy huddle?

Then we get the robbery.  When the thieves arrive, one of them mentions they are early and then later one asks how the police got on to them so quickly.  Because you were early, you caused the federal reserve to miss their hourly(?) check-in with the police department.  Is that even a thing?  The federal reserve checks-in with local police every hour?

Next we get more stupidity from the thieves.  You steal $100m and six months later you are still in the same city where you committed the heist?  At least most of the crew seemed like they were in Mexico (but why exactly were they all coming back on a private plane to LA)?

And lastly, the "last shift curse".  Most of the things that happened would have happened if Nolan was working or not.  The fuse blowing?  It was gonna happen if Nolan was at work or at home.  The neighbor demolishing the next door house?  Yep, was still going to happen if Nolan was at work or home.

One other thing about the next door house demolition.  What construction / demolition crew works weekends?  I would guess that would probably be double-time at least (especially for a residential demolition).  Why the neighbor (or the demolition company) would even schedule that for a weekend is beyond me.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
33 minutes ago, KeithJ said:

Then we get the robbery.  When the thieves arrive, one of them mentions they are early and then later one asks how the police got on to them so quickly.  Because you were early, you caused the federal reserve to miss their hourly(?) check-in with the police department.  Is that even a thing?  The federal reserve checks-in with local police every hour?

Next we get more stupidity from the thieves.  You steal $100m and six months later you are still in the same city where you committed the heist?  At least most of the crew seemed like they were in Mexico (but why exactly were they all coming back on a private plane to LA)?

And lastly, the "last shift curse".  Most of the things that happened would have happened if Nolan was working or not.  The fuse blowing?  It was gonna happen if Nolan was at work or at home.  The neighbor demolishing the next door house?  Yep, was still going to happen if Nolan was at work or home.

One other thing about the next door house demolition.  What construction / demolition crew works weekends?  I would guess that would probably be double-time at least (especially for a residential demolition).  Why the neighbor (or the demolition company) would even schedule that for a weekend is beyond me.

It seems reasonable to have a  schedule of check calls, as a back up to the alarm systems. The local police not the FBI and Secret Service will be the first responder. If it's not a thing perhaps learning from fiction.

As for destructions from what I've seen in LA they take longer than a day and work Monday through Saturday even in heavily Jewish neighborhoods. But neighbors are sent letters by certified mail that it is coming. I  guess our stars just ignored that letter like many do.

• Like 2
52 minutes ago, KeithJ said:

At least most of the crew seemed like they were in Mexico (but why exactly were they all coming back on a private plane to LA)?

It seems like it's still something bigger than what we've seen since someone had to make the call to kill Boyd and everyone we'd seen had been arrested or was already dead so maybe there was another plan/step of the plan they had to carry out? I don't really think it will but since evil lawyer lady's involved, I feel the need to say it, if this somehow comes back to Elijah, I'm going to be so annoyed.

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, JamieLynn832002 said:

I don't really think it will but since evil lawyer lady's involved, I feel the need to say it, if this somehow comes back to Elijah, I'm going to be so annoyed.

This and this.  But I don't see Elijah being this high-level.  I just think evil lawyer lady will work for the highest bidder or by virtue of association with Elijah someone higher up has her in choke hold and she has no choice.

Lucy is still annoying.

Edited by milkyaqua
  • Like 3

Wow! Lucy manages to be more annoying (and unreasonable) than Bailey and Celina combined. That personal dig about Isabel is uncalled for. The lame fight is shoehorned for the sake of drama. Next week, they’ll be fine. 🙄

Why aren’t the Feds involved in the federal reserve’s robbery?

6 weeks and Aaron is back to work already? But his actual superpower is being rich - his knowledge on high end things and his unlimited resources always come in handy. Now he’s definitely enjoying his mandatory therapy with Dr. Blair. 😆

I seriously hope that the big baddie isn’t Elijah - The Rookie’s most boring villain ever. 👎🏻

• Like 9

PPS to the max.

Is there anything that Aaron doesn’t have access to? Need a yacht? Sure…my uncle has one you can borrow. I don’t even have to ask him. Sure…need a new venue for your wedding this weekend? No problem. I don’t even have to ask if it’s available. So what if there’s a wedding scheduled there already…we’ll kick them out!

And that red haired lawyer…ugh! As soon as I saw her, I knew she was in on the whole thing. I not only don’t remember her name, but I always got her mixed up with that red haired serial killer. I mean, why should a show have one sexy evil redhead when they can have two? 

When that neighbor rang Nolan’s doorbell, did anybody else wonder, “where’s Cheddar?”

Lucy and Tim’s argument. Contrived much? 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, Jodithgrace said:

Lucy and Tim’s argument. Contrived much? 

Lucy was understandably stressed about the upcoming detective's exam apparently being administered by someone who thinks his job is to flunk as many as possible. 
And by "understandably stressed," I mean that's how Lucy rolls. 
Tim knows this.
He's right to give them some space at this moment.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Like 2

If they had presented it like that, it would have made sense. Instead Lucy accuses Tim of undermining her, which I didn’t see. She asked him to challenge her and then gets mad at him when he doesn’t spoon feed her the answer. So him giving her space looked like him going off in a huff. Just totally contrived. 

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Snazzy Daisy said:

Wow! Lucy manages to be more annoying (and unreasonable) than Bailey and Celina combined. That personal dig about Isabel is uncalled for. The lame fight is shoehorned for the sake of drama. Next week, they’ll be fine. 🙄

Why aren’t the Feds involved in the federal reserve’s robbery?

6 weeks and Aaron is back to work already? But his actual superpower is being rich - his knowledge on high end things and his unlimited resources always come in handy. Now he’s definitely enjoying his mandatory therapy with Dr. Blair. 😆

I seriously hope that the big baddie isn’t Elijah - The Rookie’s most boring villain ever. 👎🏻

I thought they did a great job Do it like. Portraying someone in an anxiety induced spiral with Lucy. Qnd Tim did the best thing for her by walking away. This will give her time to process her fear and his words. 

• Like 3

Local PD investigate Federal Reserve robbery, not the FBI or Treasury,  who have 10 X the resource and are actually THE ONES WHO HAVE JURISDICTION! 

Mob lawyer lady not immediately a co conspirator?

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
30 minutes ago, edhopper said:

Local PD investigate Federal Reserve robbery, not the FBI or Treasury,  who have 10 X the resource and are actually THE ONES WHO HAVE JURISDICTION! 

Coincidentally and conversely, this week on CBS's FBI episode (6.2 "Remorse") there was a kidnapping+murder that evolved into a hostage standoff, but for once the FBI actually included the NYPD in dealing with it.

I wonder how much the other law enforcement extras cost per episode.

13 minutes ago, Bulldog said:

I guess HVAC repair is the one thing Bailey can’t do. 

And painting, right?

• Like 1

He had to replace a breaker? Breakers don't blow, they turn off, that is how they work. The cucuit gets overloaded and the breaker trips. You unplug whatever blew it and switch it back on. If the HVAC system is blowing the circuit, the breaker is not the problem. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, edhopper said:

The Rookie: Feds got cancelled.

• Applause 3
  • LOL 5
12 hours ago, Clanstarling said:

And apparently strategize with the police.

That too.

God, I hope the wedding has some drama that causes Super Bailey to leave John.

Maybe John's ex will profess her love for him even though she didn't when they saw each other again a few seasons ago.

• Like 1
On 2/21/2024 at 5:46 PM, Jodithgrace said:

And that red haired lawyer…ugh! As soon as I saw her, I knew she was in on the whole thing. I not only don’t remember her name, but I always got her mixed up with that red haired serial killer. I mean, why should a show have one sexy evil redhead when they can have two? 

I've always gotten Annie Wersching (RIP) and Bridget Regan confused whether they were on the same show or not so Monica (I think that's the lawyer's name) showing up so soon after Rosalind's death definitely threw me

• Like 7
(edited)

I had forgotten how stupid this show has become.

I miss the good old days with them just patrolling, handling everyday incidents without having to deal with serial killers, annoying shady lawyers  mega villains and James Bond kind of evil villains that at the end they all turn out to just be dumb and dumber and a easy pray for our omnipotent ex-Rookie.
You know, when the show used to actually be good.

So... next week is the wedding. Wondering what will (try to) ruin it..
More evil villains? an earthquake? Some other Bailey's ex husband? A meteorite?
Elijah (let's not mention him 3 times, he might actually appear!)

And can we get rid of Celina and her idiotic mambo-jambo superstitious  DNA?
At this point I prefer Bailey. There, I said it!! What this show has done to us?????

Edited by Zaffy
  • Like 3
  • LOL 5
12 hours ago, Zaffy said:

I had forgotten how stupid this show has become.

So... next week is the wedding. Wondering what will (try to) ruin it..
More evil villains? an earthquake? Some other Bailey's ex husband? A meteorite?
Elijah (let's not mention him 3 times, he might actually appear!)

An earthquake that the evil lawyer summoned.

imo they should just have evil lawyer - no super villain, just have the villain be the lawyer of the season and the detectives need to find proof to arrest her

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

We suspected it all along, but seeing Marc Evan Jackson confirmed it:

LA really is The Bad Place. 😄