Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E01 - The Space Between

• Start Topic

The passing of Port Haven's oldest resident drudges up bad memories for Kat and Del. After a self-imposed time traveling hiatus, the pond calls to Kat and Alice once again and delivers unexpected results. Elliot returns to Port Haven after his travels abroad and is met with mixed reactions by the Landry women.

Airdate: January 21, 2024

thewayhome-ep1-1497-rt-v2-rev1.jpg

Andie MacDowell as Del Landry
Chyler Leigh as Kat Landry
Alex Hook as Teen Kat
Sadie Laflamme-Snow as Alice Dhawan
Evan Williams as Elliot Augustine
David Webster as Teen Eliott
Al Mukadam as Brady Dhawan
Jefferson Brown as Colton Landry

yqbsj6JeiZ5KrKYXWd4ypqY8Q75.jpg

Wow, there’s a lot to unpack here. There was a man standing on the outskirts of the 1999 Landry party, ten bucks says it’s grown Jacob. Another ten bucks says that horse is a time traveler. 

Pretty hot kiss between Kat and Elliott, if only Elliott would stop being such a time travel buzzkill. 

Intriguing how Kat and Alice jumped together but the pond ripped them apart and sent them to different times. And Kat gets shot! 

Good premiere.

• Like 10

I can't get with the Kat/Elliott pairing - they're like siblings.

So based on the painting is Kat part of the rich family?  

Would people really be buying up that farm land out in the middle of nowhere? What could you farm in that climate?

6 hours ago, sskrill said:

Would people really be buying up that farm land out in the middle of nowhere? What could you farm in that climate?

The man was a neighbor farm owner (including farmhouse and barn, I assume), who worked his own fields and doubled his annual yield by leasing Del’s fallow fields, planting them as well. It’s a common practice in all rural areas. Del gets income from the lease as well as a tax break for working the land. The new owner of the neighbors farm will not be keeping the lease with Del.

• Like 1

So happy this show is back!  I enjoyed last night episode and am intrigued all over again with the pond and what is ahead.  

Is Alice really going to be gone all summer and miss out on all the time travel happenings?  Why doesn't Kat just tell Del about the pond?  A time traveling horse?  So many questions! 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, eclectcmoi said:

So happy this show is back!  I enjoyed last night episode and am intrigued all over again with the pond and what is ahead.  

Is Alice really going to be gone all summer and miss out on all the time travel happenings?  Why doesn't Kat just tell Del about the pond?  A time traveling horse?  So many questions! 

Absolutely, and I was pleased I didn't forget as much of Season 1 as I thought I would (other than some of the names of secondary characters).

Depending when Alice comes back, and if Kat returns by then as well (we all know she's not dead), maybe Alice won't go to her dad's.  "I can't leave.  I have to find mom."  To be honest, even though Brady seems to love his daughter, I sure wouldn't miss him if he were written off.  

I thought I saw prelude snipette where Del, Kat, and Alice are standing at the bank of the pond holding hands, appearing to be preparing to jump?  So I guess they will finally bring Del into the loop?  

That horse is so beautiful and seems insistent that Del acknowledge them.  

• Like 3
On 1/21/2024 at 10:30 PM, kariyaki said:

Wow, there’s a lot to unpack here. There was a man standing on the outskirts of the 1999 Landry party, ten bucks says it’s grown Jacob. Another ten bucks says that horse is a time traveler. 

Pretty hot kiss between Kat and Elliott, if only Elliott would stop being such a time travel buzzkill. 

Intriguing how Kat and Alice jumped together but the pond ripped them apart and sent them to different times. And Kat gets shot! 

Good premiere.

I think it’s a grown Jacob too and I wonder if he’s the one who bought the neighbouring farm.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, Shelbie said:

I think it’s a grown Jacob too and I wonder if he’s the one who bought the neighbouring farm.

Oooh, I hadn’t thought of that. Although if he had, wouldn’t he want to also take over the lease on the Landry land? And also, how does one buy something with no identity?

4 hours ago, kariyaki said:

Oooh, I hadn’t thought of that. Although if he had, wouldn’t he want to also take over the lease on the Landry land? And also, how does one buy something with no identity?

I like the idea of Jacob buying the neighboring farm, but the person watching the party was in 1999 and the buying the land is today. So I don't think he can be the one watching and the one buying the farm.

It is easy to buy things with no identity if you have lots of cash. Jacob could have buried some gold in the past and dug it up. Or maybe he opened a bank account sometime in the past and let it grow interest for a couple hundred years? But then he'd need a way to access money from a 200 year old account.

I want to know how they explain Elliot seeing Alice in whatever year she is in, when last season he said he tracked all her visits to 1999 and she has made them all. They will probably explain it as he tracked all her visits to 1999, but not some extra visit she made in 2001, but that seems too easy.

I'm finally getting around to watching Season 2. I  can't help myself looking for clues in every statement. At some point, Colton mentioned to young Elliot that some guy suggested he fix up the room in the barn that Elliot's telescope later moves into. Did Elliot go back in time and make that suggestion???