Type keyword(s) to search

ToC in the Media

• Start Topic

Holy shit. 

Yeah... that could be a hell of a problem for FN.

All of the hyping him up and feel good stories that they do about all of the chefs isn't going to go over well with anybody in the audience who is aware of the strangulation and menacing charges.

Can't imagine they could just edit him out, although they probably could just skip his rounds entirely (if he loses relatively early on) and just show three matches in the two hours and flash up the brackets with no mention of him or his match.

• Like 1

Right, but since these are head to head competitions you can't edit just him out.  That would look weird.  You can skip the entire round, like JTM said.  I would feel bad for the other chef, though.

For his other shows, it would be easy enough just to shelf Superchef Grudge Match, and with a new season just have "Grudge Match" or something (if they want to keep the show going without him). 

• Like 5
8 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I'm really saddened by this news.  Guy had him on triple G many times.  It would be hard to edit him out of those.

Yes, it is sad news. He always seemed like such a nice, happy go lucky sort of guy. All the other chefs seemed to like him a lot.  You never know I guess...

As far as GGG, I don't see how they could edit him out, they would probably have to just not rerun any shows with him in it. That doesn't seem fair to the other participants, but what else could FN really do? Invite those others back for another show maybe??

• Like 2

That is probably what they'll do -remove those shows from syndication and streaming.  That's what they did with Mario Batali.  None of his shows are available, and his episodes from Iron Chef are also not available.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

I, too, was shocked when I heard about Darnell's arrest.  I first saw him in The Great Thanksgiving Challenge (or something close to that title).  Then, I remember him saying somewhere----could have been TOC, but I don't remember---that he had been arrested and jailed earlier in his life.  With cooking and becoming a Food Network personality, it seemed like he had made positive change.

To read about the violence and menacing that he's accused of was jarring and disconcerting.  That he's potentially been able to project this positive personality over the ability to be incredibly violent and aggressive. It saddens me that what he showed the world on FN seems like it was a mask.

If that's the case, then he needs intervention and his ex-partners and all his children need to feel safe.

I read in a PEOPLE article that the grand jury will meet the week of 2/19.

Even if the grand jury doesn't indict him, I think his public life will never be the same again.  The allegations are simply too serious.

• Like 11