Type keyword(s) to search

The Trust: A Game of Greed - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Strangers compete to share a quarter of a million dollars. Will they split it evenly — or cut each other out to raise their take?

Premieres January 10, 2023 on Netflix

Just finished the first episode and I'm worried about this group strategically.  Why would you go into the vault and tell the whole truth about blocking the other players votes? 

Personally, I think the two who went into the vault should have said that the second offer was to add the 5k to the pot in exchange for blocking THEIR votes.  The other players didn't need to know that they could pick who to block.  It's a simple lie that's pretty close to the truth and it makes them look like they made a personal sacrifice to add money for the group.  Maybe the other players would see through their lies but I think it would have been a better strategy than whatever they did. 

• Like 9

I hate almost everyone. I have no doubt that Talu has been through it in life. That doesn't mean that the person who picked your name basically at random is attacking you personally such that they must be punished for it, especially when what they're "taking away from you" is something you said you didn't want anyway, i.e. the ability to vote for someone. It's not like he voted to send you home or take cash out of your pocket. Chill the fuck out.

The dude who thinks he's the smartest AND the best leader AND etc. needs to sit down. You have known these people literally, what? 2 days? And you've already decided you're smarter than everyone else? Sheesh. 

Hate the girl clique, Bryce is annoying AF, though at least he has the excuse of still being basically a child, and I can have some hope that he'll look back on this in 20 years and be embarrassed. 

The only people I don't loathe are the 2-3 who have said so little that I don't even remember their names. 

• Like 2

Not sure where this is filmed, but the humidity isn't helping Brooke's hair. Or she's using way too much product. Or both.

Talu (Tolu?) is a self-righteous hypocrite.

• Like 2

I enjoyed the show less and less with each passing episode, to the point I almost didn't watch the finale. And now that I have... Whatever.

• Like 1

I watched this over a couple of nights, which is honestly more time than it deserved. It was fine in that Netflix superficial binge kind of way, but nothing I’d urge other people to watch. 

I liked Talu, and I thought most of what she said was perfectly reasonable. But don’t plant your flag on being open and transparent right before you undermine the group, ok? And note to Bryce, it probably wasn’t the millionaire status that made everyone turn on you, it was likely the gleeful unleashed flaunting of your favorite branded accessories. At least, that’s what did it for me. 

• Like 6

My daughter and I are on episode 6 and so far Julie is a textbook the most picky me, pretend girl boss. Then when called on it, you're controlling. Unprompted, one of my kids asked "mom, did they have pick me's in school when u were younger?" after seeing her antics in ep 5. 😆

• Like 3
On 1/25/2024 at 11:26 AM, CSunshine76 said:

Tolu is THE WORST. If you’re going to take money from the pot, the least you can do is own up to it. I absolutely love Brian, what a lovely human being.

https://ew.com/the-trust-tolu-ekundare-talks-finale-spoilers-blasts-jake-homophobic-misogynistic-racist-8549469

No love lost between Tolu and Jake.   In the article she said that she told everyone one-on-one after the vote was done.   She also said she thought about voting for Jake but regretted not doing so after seeing his socials.   I understand where she's coming from but that's the thing with these "reality games".  Contestants don't really get all that information, guess she should've listened to her gut.  With that said I think she made the best decision with regards to the 25K.    Others have taken money as well so why not she.

• Angry 1
On 2/29/2024 at 5:40 AM, Meedis said:

https://ew.com/the-trust-tolu-ekundare-talks-finale-spoilers-blasts-jake-homophobic-misogynistic-racist-8549469

No love lost between Tolu and Jake.   In the article she said that she told everyone one-on-one after the vote was done.   She also said she thought about voting for Jake but regretted not doing so after seeing his socials.   I understand where she's coming from but that's the thing with these "reality games".  Contestants don't really get all that information, guess she should've listened to her gut.  With that said I think she made the best decision with regards to the 25K.    Others have taken money as well so why not she.

Holy shit, I made the mistake of looking up Jake's Instagram and... whooooooboy, it is..... NOT GOOD! Like, every single post I watched was a clip from his podcast, I guess?, railing against the "gay agenda", trans people, immigrants, "boys in tutus" (complete with clip from the animated toddler show, Cocomelon), and that's as far as I got. He was wearing a shirt that said OnlyGuns, and man, I can rarely think of a time I've disliked someone so much. He seemed like your typical alpha-Chad military boi on the show, which is not really for me but I can allow it; his off-show public persona, however, is hate-filled and anti-"woke" and just plain gross.

Kick rocks, Sir. Be gone forever. 

• Mind Blown 2