Type keyword(s) to search

S39.E10: Feeling Used

shantown
  • Start Topic

The Contenders soar to new heights in a sky high challenge, with an outcome that makes one Contender question their alliance. A decorated Champion brings the heat in the elimination.

Airs 12/20 at 8pm on MTV

The upside of Survivor wrapping up is that I can watch this show "live." But is there any real incentive? Even if Johnny were to storm in and confront Moriah, what's going to happen? He'll take one look at James and -- at minimum -- take a few steps back.

Kyland is worth rooting for, yes? I'm happy he beat Darrell, but I don't expect him to be at the finale.

I'm hoping "Conquest" means that money gets put into the pot again. Otherwise, what's the point? Probable answer: to get more camera time and invites to future seasons. Sure, you could send in someone strong to keep the $10K . . .  but it might make more sense to act like an asshole and lose that oney in the name of running an easier final mission.

• Like 2

I find Berna’s and Michele’s dynamic quite interesting.

I’m so tired of hearing about Bananas.

I wonder which member of production told Darrell to mention Bananas to Moriah. Because I’m not buying that he cares enough about Bananas or that situation to mention it on his own. 

• Like 7
2 hours ago, aghst said:

Yeah I forgot what exactly happens in this episode.  What was the Daily?  It wasn't a bad game.

Was it the one with the balls? Like they were in a metal cage dangling from a crane and they had to gather the balls? I feel like that was this episode, right? 🤔

Edited by AntFTW

Never thought there would be a day where I rooted against Darrell, but I really wanted Kyland to win so everyone in the house could crap their pants. I am really not into the Jay and Michele show. The only good thing about the numbers dwindling will be to watch them turn on each other.

I agree with another poster, I'm sure production encouraged Darrell to mention Bananas to Moriah. 

• Like 6
4 hours ago, AntFTW said:

Was it the one with the balls? Like they were in a metal cage dangling from a crane and they had to gather the balls? I feel like that was this episode, right? 🤔

Yeah that was it.

Blue team solved the puzzle first and they could release the ball faster but orange team gathered and loaded the "pyramids" faster?

• Like 1

I haven't watched this show since about the very first season, so I had no real feelings about Jay, but I'm getting real sick of him and Michele acting like they're the unspoken bosses. Plus, when he took off his hat, yikes! Now I see why he wears one. The spitting image of sad sack Kip from South Park.

spacer.png

• LOL 2

Enough with the Michelle confessionals.   It's beyond OTT now.

Darrell choking was no surprise.  He sucks in eliminations.

Remember when Jay and Michele were just minor annoyances in a houseful of vets?  Take away the vets and the minor annoyances flood the void.

I find myself doing other things while the show is on.   I look up now and then, mostly when Ed is on because Ed is the only one there with the attitude and spirit I associate with The Challenge.

I don't get the fascination with Moriah.   She's a nobody with a $13,000 nose job.

• Like 3
On 12/23/2023 at 8:42 AM, jsm1125 said:

I find Berna’s and Michele’s dynamic quite interesting.

And the thing is, everything Berna is saying is absolutely correct. Michelle and Jay are using her and a couple of the others until they don't need them anymore. And when it comes down to it, Berna and Colleen in  particular will be the ones sacrificed. Berna's a lot smarter than they give her credit for because it's easy to label her as emotional and irrational because she wants people to like her. And that's exactly what Michelle will do. Kudos to Berna for calling Michelle out on this, but it was the wrong time. She should have made note of it, gotten Colleen and a couple of the other bottom rung people, and made a play to vote Michelle or Jay in when they have the opportunity to. But everyone on this season is playing such a "scared" game that none of them are actually playing the game and it's boring as hell!

• Like 3
On 12/26/2023 at 7:34 AM, luckyroll3 said:

But everyone on this season is playing such a "scared" game that none of them are actually playing the game and it's boring as hell!

The thing that has grown irritating on this show is that the under dog folks always play a scared game to the ones perceived to be the "top" dogs, vets or previous champions or whatever. I can't even remember the last time one of the underdog groups banded together to oust one of the leaders. And they should. They usually have more power than they realize. 

I don't really understand how Michelle and Jay have become the top dogs this season. It isn't like they have more seasons between them or anything. It's weird to me. 

I like Ed a lot. I agree with his challenge spirit. I also really liked the elimination game. I thought that was interesting and I am glad Kyland won. I like him too for some reason. (For now.) 

• Like 3
11 hours ago, joanne3482 said:

I can't even remember the last time one of the underdog groups banded together to oust one of the leaders.

Big T led a charge to get Tori and Aneesa into elimination on Double Agents. Basically, Tori was going around telling others that they should win their skulls by going against the weak girls in elimination. Big T gathered the other rookie girls and turned the tables on the vets. She got the votes to get Tori and Aneesa into elimination against each other.

That's truly the only time I remember.

11 hours ago, joanne3482 said:

The thing that has grown irritating on this show is that the under dog folks always play a scared game to the ones perceived to be the "top" dogs, vets or previous champions or whatever. I can't even remember the last time one of the underdog groups banded together to oust one of the leaders. And they should. They usually have more power than they realize.

I usually attribute that to the fact that rookies, generally, don't know anyone when they come in. A few of the people on this season knew each other coming in so they stuck together for the most part. That's the advantage that our usual vets have, and it's a pretty big advantage. They come into the game with established relationships so they don't have to waste time wondering who is with them and who isn't.

Edited by AntFTW
  • Like 2