Type keyword(s) to search

S25.E01: Tunnel Blind

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

St Olivia did seem to be quite abrasive with Fin when he was concerned about her, it was slightly odd given how they’ve had such a stable, long friendship. Of course no one is allowed to question the almighty St Olivia now, everyone just bows to her.   
Fin is all too often reduced to just being Benson’s support or having a couple of wisecracks and that’s it, it’s a shame because he has a lot to offer. It’s always nice when he gets time in the spotlight - I did feel like they utilized him better in the second half of last season than they had in a while, Dutch Tears was an excellent episode for him and he had some other strong moments as well - I want more of Fin and Bruno working together, they have great chemistry - I wish they would go ahead and bump Bruno up to opening credits - best new SVU character since Carisi. 

Fin has been around as long as Liv and he should start being treated like it.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, mommalib said:

Fin has been around as long as Liv and he should start being treated like it.

Yep, but Mariska’s ego means Benson has to hog 99% of the glory and the others rarely get a moment in the sun. 

• Like 1

NBC reaired this episode last night, and I saw the opening again.  I know St. Olivia's whole thing is Taking!It!Personally!, but she had zero reason to stop the perp at the beginning.  She's off-duty and had at least one glass of wine plus Noah is with her when she spots Maddie in the van.  She cannot just pull the guy over based on her intuition and vibes, and would the Brooklyn cops take her seriously if she called in "there's something off about the girl in this delivery van?"  I know she's St. Olivia in Manhattan, but I did not think that carried the same weight in another borough.   Though it would be an interesting episode if she did pull the guy over and arrest him based on vibes alone.  

• Like 5
(edited)
27 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

She cannot just pull the guy over based on her intuition and vibes, and would the Brooklyn cops take her seriously if she called in "there's something off about the girl in this delivery van?"  I know she's St. Olivia in Manhattan, but I did not think that carried the same weight in another borough.   Though it would be an interesting episode if she did pull the guy over and arrest him based on vibes alone.  

I don't know, in TV life would a NYPD supervisor really ignore a captain from another part of the city? From another city they obviously would. 😈

I guess it depends upon the franchises rules and past practices. To quote Captain Winters in Band of Brothers when he outranked his old company commander "you salute the rank, not the man".

Of course if she did pull him over in the mothership at about the 24 minute mark the ADA would be dealing with the judge throwing out the kidnapping case and the DA would shift to take down the doll distributors. And even if they were manufactured in China the owner would be conveniently in New York County and in the most embarrassing location for him when the detectives show up for the perp walk arrest.

Edited by Raja
  • Like 1

Hmm, possibly the worst episode of SVU ever? 

They weren’t content with Olivia just being a saint, now she has to be Magic Psychic Saint Martyr Olivia who can see a random person in a car for 5 seconds and immediately know they are a kidnapping victim.

”I should have pulled them over!”

for…. what cause?

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, Cotypubby said:

They weren’t content with Olivia just being a saint, now she has to be Magic Psychic Saint Martyr Olivia who can see a random person in a car for 5 seconds and immediately know they are a kidnapping victim.

for…. what cause?

This episode was weak but it’s nowhere near the worst - some of the stuff from seasons 18-21 are the worst - Peter Stone’s awful exit in the season 20 finale, the shameful episode Dearly Beloved from earlier that season, Barba killing a baby in season 19, the crapping on the DA’s office throughout season 21 while having no idea how to use Carisi, and most of season 18 was just St Olivia worship and bland he said/she said cases with the beginning of the castration of Barba. I think Imposter from season 18 may be SVU’s worst episode ever, St Olivia bullying Barba into prosecuting something that WAS NOT ILLEGAL and it resulting in a young man’s suicide was nauseating, it pretty much sealed my disdain for modern day St Olivia. The other individual episodes that rival it in SVU’s Hall of Shame are Vanity’s Bonfire from season 14 and Branded from season 12 - both where St Olivia helped females get away with heinous crimes just because they were somewhat sympathetic young females.

That’s the long answer. The short answer is while this episode was very boring and full of Benson bullshit, it’s far from SVU’s worst.

• Like 3
(edited)

In all seriousness Noah thought the infant was smart because it nodded yes. I start itching every time I see that kid.

Olivia doesn't have a dash cam?

Can't believe the show had the detectives treating Olivia's eye witness testimony as that of a hysterical woman. How is that a thing on this show in its 25th season? Must be the same dementia riddled writer for McGraph.

When was this girl's birthday? The $3500 doll was manufactured overseas then shipped to the U.S. The seller claimed it was a best seller. There's a bunch of messy logistics behind the manufacture and delivery of the doll which I'm sure they are going to gloss over.

I wanted to duct tape the mom's mouth

Edited by Iguessnot
  • Like 4
On 1/19/2024 at 5:12 PM, jmonique said:

she felt guilty for not pulling over the getaway van

I can't get over this. Like I drive in NYC all the time, and can barely see anyone else due to focusing on things like traffic, lights, tourist pedestrians, etc.  She saw a girl who looked upset or maybe out of it.  Is this such an odd occurence?  What right would she have to pull over a driver?  She didn't see her being slapped or something.  Even if it looked odd, I don't think legally she could have done anything.  

• Like 6
1 hour ago, jabRI said:

I can't get over this. Like I drive in NYC all the time, and can barely see anyone else due to focusing on things like traffic, lights, tourist pedestrians, etc.  She saw a girl who looked upset or maybe out of it.  Is this such an odd occurence?  What right would she have to pull over a driver?  She didn't see her being slapped or something.  Even if it looked odd, I don't think legally she could have done anything.  

The only thing she could have done is call in to have an on duty unit tail the van and run its plates.  The van was reported stolen in Rhode Island (the show would have to handwave how the NYPD had immediate access to this), so there was cause for the NYPD to pull it over.  Olivia was off-duty, been drinking, and had Noah with her.  She personally could not have pulled over the van.  

• Like 2
(edited)

Maddie’s mother crashing the press conference screaming “Wheeeeeere’s Maaaaaaadiiiiie?” really irked me because it’s so disrespectful to the girl they DID find, not to mention her mother who was going  out of her mind for a year, not knowing she was alive or dead. I know it’s hard to have sympathy for other people when you’re scared for your daughter, but JFC at least give them a modicum of compassion! She was acting like they’d already written Maddie off as dead when it was clear they were still working the case! 

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Like 5
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 1/22/2024 at 9:43 PM, Cotypubby said:

for…. what cause?

She is SUCH a GIFTED detective that she can LITERALLY spot a trafficking victim from  100 yards away!  MMM HMM.

IRT the doll/ where did it come from handwave: Did no one else get a vibe off the dad that he's not being 100% honest? 

Edited by MamaMax
  • Like 1