Type keyword(s) to search

Bri: Prettiest Girl in Utopia

Whimsy

Here's your Bri topic.  I am open to suggestions for a new thread title.  Too many to set up to be witty and I don't know these people yet.  I haven't watched any live feeds.

From the Utopia Website:

Bri Nyugen, 20, single
Hometown: Westminster, Calif.
“It would be nice to be the prettiest girl in Utopia -- that way, I could have my pick of the men,” says the first generation Vietnamese-American free spirit, who’s passionate about animal rights and makin’ jam!

If you're reading the live feed threads- without divulging too much as I'm not sure of the rules on live feed information posted in the individual contestant threads- the one thing we can definitely say about Bri is that she is not in any way, shape, or form "passionate about animal rights". 

So mad.  So, so mad.

• Love 3

Bri is a veterinary aid. I know there are license/certification requirements for vet technicians, but an aid? Isn't that the person at the vet's office who clips the nails and holds the dog while the tech gives a shot?

She's basically a young untrained person who works at a pet clinic.

She's not doing a good job taking care of the animals because she has no clue. She's like a kid who is lectured about how to take care of her dog, but doesn't really pay attention, because she knows that mom will do whatever she doesn't. And she'll whine that she DID - she fed him yesterday, and walked him the day before that! And besides, she's busy with her boyfriend!

• Love 5

I don't find Bri attractive, inside or out. She looks like a malnourished Vietnamese boy wearing a long wig. Now that we've all seen her true colors she's even less attractive in my eyes.

Edited by Rahul
  • Love 2

First off, for fuck's sake they were supposed to keep her away from little moo.  This is so unacceptable. Get the poor creature away from her. Remove one or the other already.

Now bringing the mental health issues discussion over here:

I have no idea what Bri has exactly. I've only had training in identifying warning signs for the sake of early interventions. If I drag out my checklists, I could yell "bingo!" several times over. 

She needs a professional assessment, and an appropriate treatment plan made for whatever they decide. ASAP in my book as she's talked about wanting to see people dead and discussed methods/capability of killing.

I will say this, I do think the animal abuse seems more her extreme lack of empathy than any twisted desire to cause them harm. It's all about what's best for her. She's too lazy to bother. She lied about knowing how. It's less expensive to use less food, so she'll save herself some money. However, empathy in that short a supply is scary in this context. 

• Love 3

I do think the animal abuse seems more her extreme lack of empathy than any twisted desire to cause them harm.

The force feeding of the calf turned that into a big ole 'Nope' for me. Started suspecting that she liked to cause them discomfort with the left-sided milking against instruction, but fully believe now that she WANTS to hurt them. Edited by areca
  • Love 6

The force feeding of the calf turned that into a big ole 'Nope' for me. Started suspecting that she liked to cause them discomfort with the left-sided milking against instruction, but fully believe now that she WANTS to hurt them.

Yeah, it's getting weirder. Cheap, lazy and no empathy cover an awful lot of things, but we're past that with the full gamut of behaviors. I hadn't realized the underfeeding has continued. I thought Red was on that one.

I'm not sure why it's so hard for the vets to show up when they aren't doing a big experience, tell everybody what she's been doing, and give them some clearly written instructions. This does not need to be a game of whispers and specialized knowledge. It's like they're looking to make drama out of this and are missing that these are real animals.

Edited by whack-a-mole
  • Love 4

I have learned in my professional psychiatric career, that when I get that "gut thing" about a person or patient, it is almost always right. It is why the psychiatrists often asked my my opinion of patients (I did a lot of groups with them and had more 1-1 contact with them then they often did). I have only had that really awful feeling about maybe 10 patients during my career. Bri fits that mold. I have that feeling that I MUST do something about her now, feeling. I no longer care about the WHY. In most cases, we may never know the why. I only care that she is gone from the show. I think that the rest of them, if they make mistakes, it is honest and not intentional. Bri is purposeful and gets away with it because she has been like this for a long time. She acts like a child. It has obviously been serving her well.  Sociopathic behavior does NOT occur overnight. This has been brewing for a long time in this girl AND she gets what she wants (no consequences) so it is self-reinforcing. 

Moving to the Animal thread.

Edited by riverheightsnancy
  • Love 3

In complete and total sincerity, it's nice to see opinions from a real psychiatric professional rather than an armchair one! I'm not knocking the armchair discussion, but it's not often you get a legit professional in on it in tv forums!

• Love 1

Well, any non-pro person can learn an awful lot about the specifiers by just reading! We all interact with these people more than we realize (just read Martha Stout's books) and are experts of sorts.  I just personally, remember that horrid feeling in my stomach when I had to work with people that were diagnosed with ASPD. We had a guy who killed the family dog because he was mad at his wife, the guy who got caught molesting his 2 week old male twin babies and then cried that he didn't remember doing it (his wife caught him), and the violent sociopaths who would intimidate the females with their physical size to get their way. I always had trouble working with these types. I had no sympathy for them. They would play the exact same games that Bri does. Highly manipulative. Always looking for something about you, to use against you when the time is right.  I always had an immediate knee jerk, negative reaction to them. I am the sociopath whisperer.  lol

• Love 3