Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E09: Ciao for Now

• Start Topic

The crew’s day off at a beach resort is fraught with tension and division, lingering from the previous night’s kerfuffle; the bosun’s new romance ignites; a crew member confesses their frustrations and puts Capt. Sandy in a difficult position.

Airdate: 11/20/2023

Ugh, this was so frustrating. It seemed like Kyle was just about the get his due with Sandy reading him the riot act over the closing credits. Then it cut immediately to Kyle's ugly mug shouting "Welcome to BravoCon!" in his stupid yellow sunglasses like he's still the big Bravo-lebrity. 

Clearly there's no way Bravo is going to let this idiot go. He's a walking, talking Bravo logo. Ten bucks says by the end of the season Sandy will be singing his praises because he's somehow "redeemed" himself. Because that's what she does. She did the same thing with Fraser on BD last season. She tears someone down then when they finally start kissing her ass and telling us how right she is she comes back and says "See how I fixed him? I'm so proud of me I mean him."

Side note, Lara is really rubbing me the wrong way. If she were a guy people would be all over her ass for being a sexual predator. Keep it in your pants, lady.

• Like 13

I am still amazed that the women on Below Deck will still flash the camera, twerk, grope the other women on their crew, etc...on camera.  Can we move past that attention seeking behavior and figure out some other way to get behavior, haven't we evolved yet and if not, why?  I know, sex sells. 

Have we not had hot tub madness this season, I cannot remember any soggy drunken nights.

Sandy, who on all the other seasons knew if a fly farted on board suddenly has no idea about what the situation is with Kyle, Nat and Tumi and seems to be okay with Nat telling her she is leaving without any lecture or threats of breaking maritime law,(lol). 

Tumi saying she is fine with Nat going home without looking at Kyle's behavior and running to Sandy to discuss it is not leader behavior.  I was happy that Sandy interviewed others to find out what was going on but how did she decide on who she would speak to?  Sandy calls Kyle to the bridge to give us false hope in his dismissal only to be left hanging till next week, ugh. Sandy tells Kyle that she would never have him back on board as a chief stew because he cannot keep his emotions in check, well more like he is a vindictive shit stirrer who has driven others to quit mid charter season.

It is hard to defend Nat for a few reasons and one of which is her anger at Jessika, it was baseless and immature, Nat was pissed at Jessika for not checking on her? Really? Stupid. 

Max reminds me so much of Sasha Baron Cohen in Talladega Nights, I love that he is French, I want him to speak French, that is all he has to do, just speak French...we have seen nothing of his culture or family life like we have of the others in past seasons. Max has redeemed himself in his deck crew abilities, gets along with everyone and decides to tell Luca that he wants to leave the boat because of Kyle.  

Chef needing to shave his back, ick. I had a hard time understanding him in last nights episode, like the worst it's ever been, he was beyond drunk, how he was able to be upright the following day was amazing.

Kyle needs to stay on dry land and off Below Deck, he is no fun to watch.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

I like how confused attractive people like Nat get whenever someone else is finally sick of what a terrible personality they have. And it's not limited to Nat, it's just the latest episode. It happens all the time to the guys, too, in this franchise, they're used to just being hot and getting around obstacles that way. Once all that capital is spent, people realize you're just an unusually attractive asshole and they cannot figure out what to do next, they're entirely unequipped. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, Uncle JUICE said:

I like how confused attractive people like Nat get whenever someone else is finally sick of what a terrible personality they have. And it's not limited to Nat, it's just the latest episode. It happens all the time to the guys, too, in this franchise, they're used to just being hot and getting around obstacles that way. Once all that capital is spent, people realize you're just an unusually attractive asshole and they cannot figure out what to do next, they're entirely unequipped. 

Sadly I have never had that obstacle in my life, lol.

Nat will skate on her looks for many years to come, she will attract the same sort of guy over and over again because she cannot be alone, she would rather have an asshole for a boyfriend than no boyfriend at all, it really is sad.

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

It is hard to defend Nat for a few reasons and one of which is her anger at Jessika, it was baseless and immature, Nat was pissed at Jessika for not checking on her? Really? Stupid. 

Although I was a bit tired of her boyfriend issues, I had been willing to give her a pass on some things because of Kyle's machinations, (and because we've all done stupid boyfriend-related things in our past), but her jumping into someone else's conversation to berate Jessica was the tipping point for me. There is something seriously wrong there.  

Betting that someone (production . . .  since they had cameras there) convinced Kyle to apologize -- probably because it got through to him that his job might be on the line. 

• Like 6

So Natalia cracked first.  She's not blameless, but Kyle is OTT.  She needs to drop that "boyfriend" like a hot rock.

I was hoping to see Kyle make good on his threat to leave.

Looks like he's chasing Max off too.  He'a a real drama queen's drama queen.  The personification of every bad gay stereotype out there.

In every work place, everybody talks about people behind their backs all the time.  Goes with the territory, but you're not usually stuck with people 24/7.

I hope Sandy is finally really on to his BS.

Jess gets weirder and dumber looking every week.

Deck crew seems to have it together, aside from Max's whining.  Suck it up French boy, just ignore Kyle.  They don't really have to work together much.

eta:  being ignored will really piss off attention whore Kyle.  haha

Edited by PaperTree
  • Like 9

Haleigh seems to be an OnlyFans plant like Ashley was a season or two ago on BDSY.

She doesn’t get predatory on anyone like Ashley was with Gary.

So the cast on these BD shows favor noodles for late night meals after coming back to the yachts drunk.

We had that shot of Ashley stuffing her mouth full of spaghetti and this season we get a montage of Lara stuffing her face with noodles and then talking about her big bowel movements.

They really couldn’t come up with other footage to use for this episode?

I don’t recall hot tub scenes this season either, even with guests?  Maybe yacht owners didn’t want the cast getting the cabins and halls wet.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

I read that Natalya has given up yachting and is now on the Playboy platform, which is like a less vulgar OnlyFans. Says she's making tons more money and traveling the world. Dumped the boyfriend or perhaps vice versa.

She and her moronic little blue eyes will not be missed. They are not even like real eyes; more like headlights.

Kyle is the absolute fucking worst. I hope future stews refuse to work with him again. What could he do post-yachting? No hospitality business would ever want his hideous behavior in their workplaces.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I quit watching Med a few years ago due to Sandy playing favorites and nit picking but picked it back up again.  Well, I am now officially done with Med.  I don't think Nat was wonderful and had faults but I was hoping that Tumi could ignore Kyle's warning in the beginning before she even got onto the boat.  You know with the teaser that Sandy is not going to fire Kyle.  I believe Andy Cohen thinks he's good tv and that we actually like Kyle.  I thought it was disgusting that Tumi's reaction was in "good I think it's best" for Nat to leave without saying the same to Kyle.  If she had that same reaction and told Kyle he needed to leave also, I would have had respect for her.  I have zero now.  I have no desire to watch Tumi and Kyle.  Two bullies that think they are wonderful.  

• Like 5
On 11/22/2023 at 10:55 AM, politichick said:

I read that Natalya has given up yachting and is now on the Playboy platform, which is like a less vulgar OnlyFans. Says she's making tons more money and traveling the world.

What does that even mean? What sort of platform does Playboy have? Is it as you say - a soft-core version of Only Fans?

• Useful 1
On 11/23/2023 at 10:10 AM, iMonrey said:

What does that even mean? What sort of platform does Playboy have? Is it as you say - a soft-core version of Only Fans?

I think it means they don't have to get naked.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
On 11/21/2023 at 4:35 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

I would have a difficult time with Natalya. She's a fabulous worker, no doubt about it. However, she needs attention, or stimuli 24/7. If things are running too smoothly, or people aren't gossipy enough, she invents scenarios or applies bad intent behind phrases that truly mean nothing.

Kyle did go too far with his insistence that no one else can speak to his "community", but it wasn't worth quitting over once everyone sobered up.

I do believe it was Lukas and Jessika's coupling that put her off of the boat more than anything Kyle or Tumi did. She was telling her boyfriend, after the first charter, that if he requested she come home, she would.

• Like 2

I'm starting to understand why yachting work is a young person's game. I think the majority of BD cast are extremely immature. So when they act out, they remind me of things I witnessed when I was 16. I also think they move on when they can't keep playing the drinking and bedding game because they've finally matured (eg Kate, and maybe a chef or 2).

I wish they'd interview a couple of the OGs to gauge their reactions now to their past behavior. I'd also love to hear how much is producer driven.

• Like 3

I definitely think Sandy has been lying low this season for a redemption arc.  Now, she has to deal with Natalya leaving and disciplining Kyle for his "screaming matches" and "bullying."  I think both Natalya and Kyle were guilty of introducing drama and backstabbing to the interior.  I would prefer they were both gone.  I'm hoping Sandy is true to her word that she would never have Kyle as a chief stew.  Unfortunately, as a second stew, he causes problems for the chief.  We know Bravo loves him, for some reason...