Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E02: Fried Chicken

Pallas
  • Start Topic

I had to check to see who it was.   And after I found out then I could see it, but my word, what have they done to her, or what has she had done?   

Too much, or a botched job?   

I just hate that some  are so afraid of aging they would risk their beautiful, unique faces, just to try to hide a few wrinkles or lift some sagging.   

I was distracted by her.     I will have to rewatch.   I love this show so much.   Now that I have had some time to be used to Stockard's look, I should be able to pay more attention to everything else.   

• Like 2
On 11/19/2023 at 4:46 PM, mishap said:

I just hate that some  are so afraid of aging they would risk their beautiful, unique faces, just to try to hide a few wrinkles or lift some sagging.   

I was fairly horrified by this woman's face before I even recognized who it was. And then I was doubly horrified. I would love to know what she would look like if she had never had anything done. Because it could not possibly be worse than this.

I can't figure out whether Avis is really interested in that guy or not. Her conversation with the Pan Am employee suggested she might be was just afraid to pursue it.

I have a hard time remembering how Julia and Simca met and what their history was.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I have a hard time remembering how Julia and Simca met and what their history was.

I can't remember either. When I was watching the first ep, it took me a while to recognize Isabella Rossellini, and then I was trying to remember if she'd played Simca in S1. Of course I then refreshed my memory that Simca wasn't in S1.

I liked this ep better than the previous one. 

On 11/18/2023 at 9:01 AM, MaryMitch said:

I kept staring at her, thinking "that can't be her." 

When I recognized her I was shocked, too. After a couple of minutes I sorta got used to her face, but I always feel so sad when I see a woman who's had so much  work done and (IMO) looks appalling. I also could have sworn I'd seen her (post facial work) in something else recently, but looking at IMDB I see I'm mistaken.

On 11/21/2023 at 9:02 PM, peeayebee said:

I can't remember either. When I was watching the first ep, it took me a while to recognize Isabella Rossellini, and then I was trying to remember if she'd played Simca in S1. Of course I then refreshed my memory that Simca wasn't in S1.

I liked this ep better than the previous one. 

When I recognized her I was shocked, too. After a couple of minutes I sorta got used to her face, but I always feel so sad when I see a woman who's had so much  work done and (IMO) looks appalling. I also could have sworn I'd seen her (post facial work) in something else recently, but looking at IMDB I see I'm mistaken.

All I remember is that Simone Beck and Louisette something or other met somewhere like a party.  The two women were working on a cookbook aimed at an American audience and Julia was just the person that could help them with that.  I only remember this from watching "Julie and Julia" so many times, LOL.

All I can see when I look at Isabella Rosellini is her mother, but that's not  a bad thing.  I am really loving the way she's playing the role.

I couldn't place Stockard Channing but I knew I knew her from somewhere!  Yikes and double yikes!  🤯

I'm generally liking this season better than the first one so far.  I think the actress playing Julia is improving in the role.  I wasn't a big fan of her in Season 1 because I thought her performance was a little over the top, but she's feeling more toned down and realistic in this one so far.

Also, Brittany Bradford, who plays Alice Naman was on the most recent episode of "The Gilded Age".  I spotted her right away.

• Like 1

I really like Isabella Rosellini in this, too. I think she's perfect. She recently voiced the grandmother shell in Marcel the Shell With Shoes On. I was surprised I was able to tell it was her. I didn't think her voice was that distinctive, but I guess so.

I'm so old I remember Stockard Channing from the 1970s TV movie The Girl Most Likely to...

I like S1 better than this season so far, but it's getting better.