Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

On 11/27/2023 at 9:14 AM, Yours Truly said:

Trying to normalize this sort of ugliness or blaming the wronged party sounds a whole lot like she's asking for it. From day one, I've always stuck with the idea that as raunchy and crazy as reality shows get (at least the one's I watch) crossing a certain line is, and will always be an unacceptable approach to "doing one's job". This is why I don't watch the way more volatile and questionable shows out there because I can't stomach them. 

Turning a blind eye to someone's bad behavior and rationalizing being a shit human is a skillset I've never acquired so there's also that. 

At 5 years on the show - she is asking for it.  This is the game, she doesn't play it well, and the other women don't seem to like her. Yet she stays.

This is not a snarky question - I'd really like to know.  What do you think should be done about it?  The producers should tell them they can be assholes to each other but not Sutton?  They can make fun of her ugly clothes but not her face rollers?  I don't get how you think this can be resolved.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, princelina said:

At 5 years on the show - she is asking for it.  This is the game, she doesn't play it well, and the other women don't seem to like her. Yet she stays.

This is not a snarky question - I'd really like to know.  What do you think should be done about it?  The producers should tell them they can be assholes to each other but not Sutton?  They can make fun of her ugly clothes but not her face rollers?  I don't get how you think this can be resolved.

Never said it can be resolved just that I'll never condone normalizing bad behavior just because it has become so  constant.  

I'll continue to criticize ugly and deliberate over organic and  unplanned.

In my opinion Sutton maneuvers through her moments as it happens. Maybe she handles it badly, maybe she's outgunned or maybe she comes out slightly unscathed. Either way I feel that Sutton is just Sutton. Good, bad, ugly, drunk, badly dressed whatever. To  me, Suttons bad qualities are pretty mild. Not to say they can't bug, or rate a slew of eyerolls and not to say that some see qualities in Suttons that are even considered problematic. I still want there to be a line. I don't expect it but I WANT it and I BELIEVE it's not wrong to hope for it, as well as condemn those who gleefully cross it selfishly with the intention of major damage. 

I've stayed away from plenty of reality shows because their format crosses too many lines for me to stomach and the Housewives have come close on many occasions but I stick with it, with a hiatus here and there.  

The deliberate targeting of any housewife bugs me. That's why I call it out. The attacking of housewives bug me and I don't mean having a dramatic disagreement or airing out grievances either, because the show is all about drama. But lines being crossed using mental health and emotional distress (i.e gaslighting) and bullying is  something I'll always speak out on. There's nothing wrong with sticking to my guns just cause the same ole' housewives broken record continues to spin. It'll always be wrong no matter how many times Sutton pulls out her face roller or how many "unhinged moments" Sutton has. 

That's just me.  

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1

Whatever Sutton’s reasons for being on the show doesn't excuse the ridiculously offensive behavior of the ladies towards Sutton.

Kyle’s reaction to Sutton’s miscarriages was cruel and shocking to me. Maybe one of the most heartless things Kyle has ever done on camera.
  • Like 4
  • Applause 6
15 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Kyle’s reaction to Sutton’s miscarriages was cruel and shocking to me. Maybe one of the most heartless things Kyle has ever done on camera.

I really don't think she is a nice person. 

• Like 3
  • Fire 2

This show and many like it are all staged and coerced right? I sometimes watch this one just for the cringe factor similar to watching a car wreck I guess. I can’t take any of it seriously. The world is in such a precarious mess, sometimes we need a diversion. However all the drama and obscene materialism makes this seem like a “dark” diversion. Maybe I’m jealous of their wealth but certainly not jealous of their narcissism. However I’ve enjoyed reading the comments here.

• Like 6

The treatment that Sutton receives is inappropriate, unacceptable and meanspirited. Full stop. I think its a cop out to wave a hand and say well she should just leave. 

Maybe she feels the show helps her getting stronger when it comes to her anxiety. Maybe it's something that gives her more confidence helps her be more assertive. Whatever Suttons reasons for being on the show doesn't excuse the ridculously offensive behavior of the the ladies towards Sutton. If it was just some catty drama that would be one thing but a big chunk of how they target Sutton revolves around her emotional state and trying to call into question her mental stability during any given conversation. To put it simply, they weaponize mental health and wellness and viciously hurl it at Sutton every chance they get. 

It's not only a Sutton thing for me it's the disgusting manner in which they go after her using something that isn't a laughing matter, shouldn't be taken lightly and most definitely shouldn't be used against ANYONE in such a nasty, hurtful way. 

Trying to normalize this sort of ugliness or blaming the wronged party sounds a whole lot like she's asking for it. From day one, I've always stuck with the idea that as raunchy and crazy as reality shows get (at least the one's I watch) crossing a certain line is, and will always be an unacceptable approach to "doing one's job". This is why I don't watch the way more volatile and questionable shows out there because I can't stomach them. 

Turning a blind eye to someone's bad behavior and rationalizing being a shit human is a skillset I've never acquired so there's also that. 

There was no suggestion of turning a blind eye. I didn't, and most people didn't either. But it's a valid point to ask why she doesn't leave the show. Sutton doesn't seem to me that is not confident- she even said in the first, or second episode that she is more intelligent than anybody else. I think she wanted to be on the show to become famous, to promote her store which opened exactly when she joined the BH HWs, and to show her ex husband who is a major asshole.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1