Type keyword(s) to search

S22.E06: Fusion Confusion

jewel21
  • Start Topic

The Chefs go head-to-head in a soccer themed cuisine fusion challenge with legend, Alexi Lalas. Can the chefs fuse Japanese, French, Thai, Italian and other cuisines without falling flat? Legendary fusion chef, Tony Messina, will be the judge of that. Afterwards the chefs compete in a chaotic dinner service and attempt to impress NFL Hall-of-Famer Eric Dickerson and actress and television host Melissa Rivers.

Airdate: 11/02/2023

2 hours ago, preeya said:

Too bad he had to leave, but what was the issue with Brad?

Aside from saying that he'd had surgery that hadn't fully healed and been exacerbated by the bubble soccer game, he wasn't specific and there doesn't seem to be anything official online about it either.

Why can't we get rid of Jason?  Also, why is he in such denial when he screws up?  Does he think he'll be able to make people doubt that he messed up if he bamboozles them enough into believing he's done no wrong?  Ugh.

OTOH, not surprised Raneisha got sent packing.  No way was she making it to the end.

• Like 4

I thought that with Brad's forced evac and the relatively rare decent service by both teams, GRrrrrr would cut some slack. 

Guest judge was ruthless with his evals while seeming a) knowledgeable, b) constructive c) not trying to have a sound bite. Joe B should take notes.

I think they are stringing Jason along just to make fun of him.

• Like 1

I was sorry to see Brad leave.  He was never going to win, but he was enthusiastic and a team player.  I think there was something seriously wrong as Gordon let him leave through the front door and did not harange him about his help.  I could imagine a surgical wound that reopened or something.  Maybe he'll get a second chance in another season.

And, wow, did Demare get quite the compliment from Gordon.  Unlike some other seasons, I fell like there are several contenders for the win.  But, Renaisha wasn't one of them.  There were times I liked her and times she just needed to stop yelling at others.  Hopefully she'll be able to get a better job at home, but I don't ever see her as an executive chef.

I really liked the guest judge-I bet his restaurant is really good.

• Like 3

I liked Brad and it was sad the way he went out. Dahmere looks pretty solid now. Jermaine has not been the chef he was at the beginning, I think he goes soon.

I understand the elimination tonight, Renaisha was not on the level of the other chefs.

1 hour ago, seacliffsal said:

I was sorry to see Brad leave.  He was never going to win, but he was enthusiastic and a team player.  I think there was something seriously wrong as Gordon let him leave through the front door and did not harange him about his help.  I could imagine a surgical wound that reopened or something.  Maybe he'll get a second chance in another season.

He was recovering from hernia surgery that was done just a few weeks before the competition began.  There's a reason doctors tell you to take it easy for a few weeks after surgery . . . and I'm pretty sure playing "body soccer" was not on a list of approved activities.

I hope he gets to come back as well.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
On 11/4/2023 at 10:24 AM, AZChristian said:

He was recovering from hernia surgery that was done just a few weeks before the competition began.  There's a reason doctors tell you to take it easy for a few weeks after surgery . . . and I'm pretty sure playing "body soccer" was not on a list of approved activities.

I hope he gets to come back as well.

I was just wondering if Hells Kitchen has a physical that participants have to pass like other reality shows?  If so, wouldn't they have prevented Brad from participating?  It seems like they should have realized there could be a potential problem with his recent surgery.  Just put him off a season.  If they knew about the potential risks and had him play bumper soccer, they should have known there could be problems.  Oh well, there I go, putting far more thought into a show than the producers put in...

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
48 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Brad should have not participated in the soccer game if he had surgery. He might sue who knows.

Pretty sure he had to sign some type of release before going on the show.  HK's lawyers would just haul that out and show that he signed a paper that said he was physically able to be on the show.  And then they'll ask, "Did anyone on the staff force you to take part in that soccer game, or was it your own choice to do so?  Did you tell HK's production company that you had recently had surgery before signing the release, or before taking part in the soccer game?"

He shouldn't have played the soccer game, but he made a not-wise choice to do so.

• Like 5
On 11/8/2023 at 9:23 AM, oliviabenson said:

Brad should have not participated in the soccer game if he had surgery.

It was a 'reward' not a punishment, I'm sure he could have said something.  But he's young and probably thought it looked like fun

• Like 3