Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E02: Daphne

• Start Topic

I enjoyed this. It felt a little Black Mirror-ish with the technology angle and I like the twist at the end. 

I'm still unsure about what happened. Did Daphne set him up for the murder of the girlfriend by unserting his likeness into the cctv footage? 

The only thing that supports it all having been in the guy's head is the cops telling him that the agent who was killed in the car crash sent thise Daphne devices to multiple people as a prank. 

Whatever happened I thought it was a solid episode. I'm looking forward to watching the other 3.

• Like 4

Hey, that’s Eli the lazy husband from Why Women Kill as Will the art dealer.

This story feels unoriginal, we have seen similar stories before. But I like this better than Bestie and Organ.

Expecting a reveal that Daphne has killed Tom for getting rid of her - gifted her to Will. This never came.

The Goop lady’s voice as Daphne, so MEH.

• Like 1

Best episode of the season, I really enjoyed it. It definitely felt like a Black Mirror episode with a Twilight Zone twist at the end. Paltrow as the voice of Daphne was great. I'm not sure if it was really in his mind or if Daphne had just decided to screw him over.

I liked all four episodes of Season 3. Better than the first two seasons and it's not even close.

Was glad to see the dedication to Manny Coto at the end.

• Like 4
On 10/26/2023 at 11:30 PM, Snazzy Daisy said:

Hey, that’s Eli the lazy husband from Why Women Kill as Will the art dealer.

This story feels unoriginal, we have seen similar stories before. But I like this better than Bestie and Organ.

Expecting a reveal that Daphne has killed Tom for getting rid of her - gifted her to Will. This never came.

The Goop lady’s voice as Daphne, so MEH.

The Goop lady as Daphne was perfect casting and required her ti be herself.  Controlling, thinks she knows best, etc...it was perfect casting.

I'm thinking he went crazy because of the lockdown and being isolated so he conjured up Daphne as a talk to.  

The twist being that Daphne was all in his head and he had flipped out and did all the killing was a good twist instead of it being she fremed him.

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

The twist being that Daphne was all in his head and he had flipped out and did all the killing was a good twist instead of it being she fremed him.

I have a different conclusion. The episode ends with Daphne's light glowing.

Daphne is the true culprit. She has taken advantage of Will's paranoia and has framed him for all the murders and wire frauds. This episode deliberately shows Sarah talking about deepfakes and AI-generated images. Daphne has created those fake surveillance footages to implicate Will for her crimes. She's angry at Will for not treating their relationship the same way he would with human. 

AHS S03 E02 Daphne.jpg

• Like 7
On 10/28/2023 at 4:17 PM, Snazzy Daisy said:

I have a different conclusion. The episode ends with Daphne's light glowing.

Daphne is the true culprit. She has taken advantage of Will's paranoia and has framed him for all the murders and wire frauds. This episode deliberately shows Sarah talking about deepfakes and AI-generated images. Daphne has created those fake surveillance footages to implicate Will for her crimes. She's angry at Will for not treating their relationship the same way he would with human. 

AHS S03 E02 Daphne.jpg

This was my conclusion, too. Either interpretation makes a good ending, though!

• Like 4

A very Black Mirror sort of episode, I knew where it was going but I still thought it was a pretty solid episode, its certainly better than the last one. I knew right away that she would kill Will's girlfriend but I was pretty shocked when she murdered everyone at the art show because one of them might make Will sick. Gwyneth Paltrow was perfectly cast as Daphne, sweet and calm one second controlling and overly intense the next. 

I think that Daphne really did do everything, they established that she can perfectly copy Will's voice and imagine and can easily pull out a deep fake and we saw her come to "life" for a second at the end, but I can also see it being ambiguous as to whether or not he had just lost it. 

Why did they bother coming up with a new pandemic and not just set it during covid?

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

On 10/27/2023 at 8:58 PM, benteen said:

Was glad to see the dedication to Manny Coto at the end.

I was surprised -- I hadn't even heard!

On 10/30/2023 at 5:00 PM, tennisgurl said:

Why did they bother coming up with a new pandemic and not just set it during covid?

I think they just wanted to suggest that technology had advanced, even just a few years.

On 11/2/2023 at 12:43 AM, Mattipoo said:

The ending was a little rushed but I really enjoyed it overall. 

I feel like this is the problem with all of them so far (I've only seen the first 3 of the season) -- we see where they're going but they take so long to get there and then when they do? Bam! It's over.

• Like 3
On 10/30/2023 at 5:00 PM, tennisgurl said:

It was mentioned the lead character didn't manage the first pandemic well.  It was setting up his instability.

• Useful 1