Type keyword(s) to search

Season 10 Live Thread

• Start Topic

I love the one-offs when they are legends! Best part of the show for me.

5 minutes ago, NeenerNeener said:

Rita Moreno can sing so Royal Hen can't be her.

Exactly, but, when they guessed her and the way she reacted, for a moment I thought could it be Chita Rivera? But again, even when real singers get really old they can still use their voices.

Looking over the list of people who received the Medal of Freedom from Obama, the best bets are either Gloria Steinem or Billie Jean King. And with Ken's track record this season, I'm leaning towards King

Agreed. And the mere fact that it was the Royal Hen, automatically made me think "King".

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
7 minutes ago, NeenerNeener said:

The spoilers say Tiki is 

Reveal spoiler

Sebastian Bach

Tonight it really sounded like him.

Wait, hasn’t Brian McKnight already been on this show? Not that Husky sounded anything like him, but still. 

Edited by Bookworm13
  • Like 3
22 minutes ago, Bookworm13 said:

Tonight it really sounded like him.

Wait, hasn’t Brian McKnight already been on this show? Not that Husky sounded anything like him, but still. 

Yes it did sound like him.

Per wiki: In 2021, Brian McKnight competed on The Masked Singer spin-off The Masked Dancer as "Cricket". I had to look it up because I thought  he was already on  MS.

I didn't care for the versions of Super freak and Every little thing she does is magic. 

What is Jenny supposed to be? Is she not wearing any makeup because she doesn't look good. Sorry but I don't know anything about Harry Potter. 

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
13 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

What is Jenny supposed to be? Is she not wearing any makeup because she doesn't look good. Sorry but I don't know anything about Harry Potter. 

She's supposed to  be Dumbledore, the headmaster of Hogwarts wizarding  school. He's an old man.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
13 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

She’s supposed to be Dumbledore, but she’s not pulling it off, IMO. 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, callie lee 29 said:

Sea Queens sounds like 

Reveal spoiler

Macy Gray, but I don't get the comedy route.

The only thing that has me questioning this is that she appeared on another version of the show, TMS:Australia. 

I don’t have a clue who anyone is yet, but I’m happy they all seem to be decent singers so far. 

The Anteater costume is really throwing me off. I can’t tell if it’s someone really short or if the nose is just making them appear short. 

Edit : I was not impressed by Candelabra at all. 

Edited by Bookworm13
  • Like 2

I liked the Janice Dickinson guess for Hibiscus. Both Donut and Anteater are real singers and I feel like I should know them.

I agree with you, Bookworm13, the height thing is confusing. The only person I can think of who would be that height is Paul Williams. And I don't think that's him.

Whoa, David Jo! I'd love it if he was on, but at least, Hot Hot Hot is on for a snippet.🖤

• Like 2

Yay, the right person is leaving! 

I’m not familiar with any of the NYC Housewives, but that original song at the end is one of the worst/dumbest things I’ve ever heard. 

Edited by Bookworm13
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
10 minutes ago, Bookworm13 said:

I’ve clearly been living under a rock - I had no idea Trolls were still so popular and that there were multiple movies. 

I guess I'm under there with you. I remember trolls were popular in the 90s when my daughter (now 34) was younger. I guess everything old is new again.

• Like 2

OK, Nicole's guess matches the spoiler guess I just saw for Candelabra.

Most of the spoiler guesses I saw for Anteater say 

Spoiler

John Oates

Spoiler

John Schneider

just lost his wife this year, and I think the voice sounds right for Donut.

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Useful 3

I’ve been pretty underwhelmed tonight so far. Hopefully the wildcard is entertaining. 

16 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

I guess I'm under there with you. I remember trolls were popular in the 90s when my daughter (now 34) was younger. I guess everything old is new again.

I’m a couple years older than your daughter, but yeah, Trolls scream ‘90s to me. 

I loved Trolls in the '60's when I was little. They scream the '60's to me.

I just did some googling on that Anteater spoiler, and yup, that's him. He was a "scrappy wrestler" in high school. And a bunch of stuff about cars and Nascar. And yes, he (they) did Live Aid.

Edited by SweePea59
  • Like 3

I say Donut and Candelabra are going on to the next round tonight.

Just now, Bookworm13 said:

So what is the connection between Trolls and boy bands? Or isn’t there one, and it’s just a TMS thing that they all sang boy band songs this week. 

The new Trolls movie is about a boy band reuniting.

Yeah, I know. It should've just been "Boy Band Night".

Called it.

• Thanks 1
  • Useful 1
5 minutes ago, The Crazed Spruce said:

I say Donut and Candelabra are going on to the next round tonight.

I don't know... when we get a tear jerker story that contestant is usually unmasked. I'd like to have Donut and Anteater stay. I can't stand Candelabra, but her style is popular. I think Cuddle Monster was the weakest tonight.

ETA: You were right!

Edited by SweePea59
  • Like 3
7 hours ago, SweePea59 said:

I just did some googling on that Anteater spoiler, and yup, that's him. He was a "scrappy wrestler" in high school. And a bunch of stuff about cars and Nascar. And yes, he (they) did Live Aid.

Interesting. Can you spoiler the cougar connection?