Type keyword(s) to search

Love After Lockup Season 6: Live Chat

• Start Topic

Just now, SemiCharmedLife said:

Hi all! I’m recuperating from my hip replacement and thought I would pop in to tell you I’m doing well. The first few days are rough, but I’m looking forward to blue skies on the horizon. Enjoy the show and give them hell! (They deserve it!)

Glad you checked in. Keep up the good work. We’ll hold the fort. No worries.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Maybeitsme said:

Why is Melissa being such a meanie? I thought she was in love with Louie 

I think she finally figured out that instead of everyone being in awe of her dating THE HOTTEST GUY in high school, they're just going to see that she's dating a toothless, ex-con who works at a pizza joint. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 3
4 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Houseguest and I have been going every weekend, its SO MUCH FUN. Two weeks ago I scored some McCoy Pottery. I'm not really a nut for pottery but I thought it was pretty. Idly looking online to see if I could get a sense of what the value was (got it super cheap). Found out that one piece I'd bought had been sold at auction for $285!! I paid $14 for it! 

BONUS!

Here's the thing. I have absolutely no room for "collecting". I do, however, love to neb.

• Applause 1
1 minute ago, OoogleEyes said:

BONUS!

Here's the thing. I have absolutely no room for "collecting". I do, however, love to neb.

We have a "one in, one out" rule around here. I have a small house! Today I only got four pairs of gloves, a commemorative plate (I love kitschy things), another piece of McCoy (which will be used right away, since its a planter), and a gorgeous pure wool shawl, never worn, tags still on it, from Blloomingdale's. Originally $200. When it was bought, probably in the 90's. I snagged that beauty for $25! I'm always on the lookout for kitchen gear, Pyrex, Revereware, nice planters, old dresser scarves, gloves, shawls, and oddball kitschy stuff. Houseguest likes silk clothing, vinyl, and old silver. Its such fun, you never know what you'll find!  

• Love 5
Just now, Gobi said:

I wonder if we're done with Raneka for the season?

Considering Asonta/La’Citrus is done with her, I’d say so. Well, at least she had the best  3.5 hours of her life, which was totally worth uprooting her daughters for.

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 1
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 1
2 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

@Pepper Mostly, if you ever see some Dorothy Hafner Rosenthal pottery at one of the estate sales, call me immediately! It’s very colorful, beautiful plates, cups, teapots and more. Gorgeous.

I will! There is often a lot of china and glassware on offer. The one we went to a couple of weeks ago, WOW. The woman was a real collector--vintage jadeite, McCoy, lusterware, vintage pottery mixing bowls (I had to be restrained, I love old mixing bowls), tons of china and crystal. It was insane. 

• Love 2