Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: Charter Guest Soulmate

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

With a 7-day charter on that boat going for $140,000 a week (plus expenses), that's almost a steal.

Except I believe it was stated that the charters were only 3 days, so still a huge discount but if I had enough cash for a $40,000 vacation I would so much rather not have to  know what everyone on the ship thought of me, let alone the general public and internet!

Except I believe it was stated that the charters were only 3 days, so still a huge discount but if I had enough cash for a $40,000 vacation I would so much rather not have to know what everyone on the ship thought of me, let alone the general public and internet!

I don't get it myself, but fame seems like a powerful drug. I'm sure these charter guests have many options, but would happily pay $40,000 just to play an asshole on TV for their vacation.

As being the wife of a Chef ( http://www.la-cha.ch ), no way it happened that way. You NEVER start to cook when guests are seated. There's a lot of side things to do before, which are called "mise en place" in French (I dunno the English expression, but it means that you have to prepare a lot of things in order to be ready when your guests are ready, like, for instance, prepare the vegetables, the sauces, a part of the dessert, etc !

Sorry, to clarify, I did not mean that Ben did not do all the non-cooking aspects of the meal (mise-en-place, etc,,,) before the allotted meal time.  I meant that he throws the protein on the grill only when the guests are seated.  He could have plates out, salads in place, sauces made, etc. at 8:30 but he's not putting the lamb chops on the grill until the guests are actually there (at maybe 9:15??) and have had their beginning courses.

Ben is a pro.  There is no way guests were sitting with no food for over two hours.  If it really happened like that, we would have seen him at the table apologizing in person.  I think he was ticked off about the plastic because that guests arrived late and expected dinner ready the minute they sat down, like Ben was some kind of mind reader.  I think this is just the producers/editors giving Ben more drama than he actually generates.

• Love 2
Ben is a pro.  There is no way guests were sitting with no food for over two hours.

If it was producer driven or not, Ben admitted that dinner was that late and they should be able to just deal with it because it's "art." There were issues with his time management last season as well.