Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: Charter Guest Soulmate

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

I think Kate's demeanor is pleasant even if she doesn't go around grinning all the time. Personally, I'd give a server a bigger tip if, when I asked for a drink, they'd say "my pleasure" like Kate does. It just sounds so gracious.

Not to my ears. A sing-songy "my pleasure" over grunt work we all know is not pleasurable, combined with her pissy face, is fake fake FAKE and would make me uncomfortable too.

• Love 1

If it were me, I would express my displeasure to the chief steward first and request an answer from the chef as to when the meal was going to be ready.  If it wasn't out in fifteen minutes, I would ask the chief steward for any kind of food, be it crackers or cheese or whatever.  There was no reason for that meal to be delayed the amount of time it was and I would talk to the chef after the meal was finally served and tell him or her that I specifically asked for dinner to be served at specific time and it's not to happen again.  And I wouldn't feel bad at all if my guests and I filled up on crackers, cheese, etc. and not eat the dinner when it was finally served.  The blame totally lies with the chef.

As for breakfast, if everyone slept in late, some sort of breakfast food is still expected to be served.  If you're paying $20000. a day to charter a yacht, the crew has to serve at the pleasure of the guests. 

• Love 1

Yeah that food wait was ridiculous. Even though I generally like Ben, he really needs to get over himself sometimes, with all the "I'm so amazing it takes me hours to organize the parsley flakes on every plate" mess. I tend to agree with whoever said above that that situation wasn't real though...that seemed like some made-up drama. I really don't buy that Ben takes his own sweet time with dinner every night and it was just *new and different* that these people complained about it. 

• Love 3

Not only a 2 hour dinner delay but then a piece of plastic in the food! Totally producer driven, still I laughed when Ben became totally unglued and ran upstairs to tell them all that the plastic came from the wine bottle then all of them all of a sudden are like Oh, ok you're right. I do love me some Ben, however, IMO he was more of an asshole than unsmiling Kate.

• Love 2

I think there are more important things in the world to worry about than whether a service worker is smiling. Get over it; she's not unpleasant looking when she's not smiling. If she's overtly hostile, that's a different story. Plus, I'm pretty sure the Kate-smile pile-on is producer-driven.

I kind of felt sorry for Andrew. He was clueless, but didn't appear to be mean. The producers put him on the show, knowing it would be controversial, and he ended up looking like an idiot, roundly thrashed by everyone else and humiliated. I don't like it.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 6

If it were me, I would express my displeasure to the chief steward first and request an answer from the chef as to when the meal was going to be ready. If it wasn't out in fifteen minutes, I would ask the chief steward for any kind of food, be it crackers or cheese or whatever. There was no reason for that meal to be delayed the amount of time it was and I would talk to the chef after the meal was finally served and tell him or her that I specifically asked for dinner to be served at specific time and it's not to happen again. And I wouldn't feel bad at all if my guests and I filled up on crackers, cheese, etc. and not eat the dinner when it was finally served. The blame totally lies with the chef.

As for breakfast, if everyone slept in late, some sort of breakfast food is still expected to be served. If you're paying $20000. a day to charter a yacht, the crew has to serve at the pleasure of the guests.

I get why the guests were whiny. I'm one of those people who get nauseated and light-headed if I go too long without food. At least throw some bread and butter on the table.

• Love 1

I found this charter group to be more pleasant than the last one. The previous group, especially the woman who ordered mojitos, seemed hard to please and superior. These women at least seemed happy to be there and ready to just relax and enjoy themselves. Sure they complained about the long wait for dinner, but who wouldn't? Also, I thought it was discussed that there would be snacks/appetizers available before dinner, sort of like a cocktail hour, so why didn't they have that stuff to continue nibbling on? If I were the primary guest/host you bet I'd order some simple snacks (veggies, chips) sent up after the first hour of waiting for dinner had passed. 

It was all too obviously set up for me, kind of ruins the whole episode when it's so fake. I can't believe there isn't enough material captured on these charters to make an interesting hour without all the faked situations. I enjoy this show because I'm not likely to ever make such a trip and love watching how the ship is run, how the guests and crew interact, the places they visit, the food, etc. 

• Love 2

She said soulmate because the guy had money. Her little smirk when she was looking at his paper work said it all to me.

She's in this line of work to meet a rich man. Its just too bad for her they all think she's a bitch.

If Kelley was so offended by going down the water slide with the guest, why the hell did he even ask the Captain in the first place? A simple "no, I'm sorry, I'm not allowed" would have worked fine.

I don't think the girls being half the charter primary's age really matters as I don't really think he's sleeping with any of the girls if you know what I mean.

Were the younger ones all couples or single or what? Was that ever explained?

What's hilarious to me is the guy is wearing pink everything, seems more interested in the young hunky pooka (sp?) shell wearing necklace guy and she called him her soulmate up until the point where he told her she looked like bitch?  I mean, come on.  

And another episode where really the sexism was coming from the women.  Kelley, take your clothes off and slide with me in a 69 position.  Jenice, we need you to serve people, love Kate.  Male deck hands need not apply.

I wonder if Kate seems so bitchy because she's got a major eating disorder.  I knew she was thin by the way the clothes hang on her, but in the bikini shots she looked like she has a anorexic/bulemic's body.  

On the meals, do they not stock salads, bread or other snacks, before a meal?  You just sit there and let your guests complain about starving?  

• Love 1

That girl deckhand (Jenice or something?) is simultaneously annoying and boring. I hate the brokenhearted facial expressions she makes all the time. How about instead of taking random stuff too personally, you think about the brokenhearted facial expression your boyfriend will have when he sees you cheating on him on television. 

OMG, YES.  She is so bland. She's *kinda* cute but I don't see what the big attraction is for Kelley other than bunkmate.  

What also annoys me is she enjoys complaining about how she's treated differently for being a female deckhand -- you know, she's such a strong woman.  But where was she when that big ass slide was being carted around?  All I saw where two men trying to get it to work. Either you are tough enough to be a deckhand or you aren't.  Maybe I'm wrong but I haven't seen her use much brawn in this job.

• Love 5

OMG, YES.  She is so bland. She's *kinda* cute but I don't see what the big attraction is for Kelley other than bunkmate.  

What also annoys me is she enjoys complaining about how she's treated differently for being a female deckhand -- you know, she's such a strong woman.  But where was she when that big ass slide was being carted around?  All I saw where two men trying to get it to work. Either you are tough enough to be a deckhand or you aren't.  Maybe I'm wrong but I haven't seen her use much brawn in this job.

Is it me, or was she completely overreacting over having to serve the dinner guests? Someone has to do it and she's the lowest ranking deckhand on the ship right now. It's not like they'll pull the boatswain. It's between her and Kelly and she's the expendable one if they need an extra hand. Had Andrew not been fired, they probably would have asked him to serve instead.

• Love 1

Is it me, or was she completely overreacting over having to serve the dinner guests? Someone has to do it and she's the lowest ranking deckhand on the ship right now. It's not like they'll pull the boatswain. It's between her and Kelly and she's the expendable one if they need an extra hand. Had Andrew not been fired, they probably would have asked him to serve instead.

Agreed!  Although at first I did wonder if it is sexism, but you're right - she's low man on the totem pole so to speak.

• Love 2

What also annoys me is she enjoys complaining about how she's treated differently for being a female deckhand -- you know, she's such a strong woman. But where was she when that big ass slide was being carted around? All I saw where two men trying to get it to work. Either you are tough enough to be a deckhand or you aren't. Maybe I'm wrong but I haven't seen her use much brawn in this job.

I'm surprised they put up with her as a deckhand because it's obvious she's not physically strong enough to do everything the guys do. I'm all in favor of a girl doing whatever job she wants to try, but she actually has to be able to hack it.

• Love 2

My feeling about Kate's "bitchy resting face" (BRF) is that, no, she shouldn't have to fake a big high-wattage smile all the time, and no, guests should not be telling her to "smile". However, in the hospitality industry, bitchy resting face is a problem and one that needs to be overcome. It's not that hard to develop a pleasant expression by pulling up one's facial muscles, the ones that we first engage when we smile. Practicing it enough should correct the BRF and not cause guests to wonder "Why is she so unhappy/angry/sullen?" I don't agree with the guests calling her out on her lack of smile, but I do see why they think her expression was unpleasant and maybe was some sort of negative reaction to them. NOT the way to get that big tip, Kate.

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 1

I so agree with this. She didn't help with the slide at all. Honestly, it seems fake, her being a deckhand. She is a very petite girl. There's no way she's strong enough to do a lot of that work. 

The more I think about the late dinner thing the more I think it was fake also. I mean, what possible excuse does Ben have for running 2+ hours late? He knew the primary guest requested to be served at 8:30 on the dot. So why wouldn't Ben be prepping in the kitchen at 6? What else could he possibly have been doing?? Even on charters with no specific dinner time requested, doesn't Ben usually serve around 7-8 say? Then he should be used to that schedule and getting the timing correct. Why suddenly was he on the 10:30 pm schedule? Makes NO sense.

Those bunks for the crew are downright claustrophobic. I don't think I could breathe in there, let alone sleep. I love seeing the yachting life up close but know that I could never work on one like that. Unless I could stay in the master suite. ;)

• Love 3

I so agree with this. She didn't help with the slide at all. Honestly, it seems fake, her being a deckhand. She is a very petite girl. There's no way she's strong enough to do a lot of that work. 

The more I think about the late dinner thing the more I think it was fake also. I mean, what possible excuse does Ben have for running 2+ hours late? He knew the primary guest requested to be served at 8:30 on the dot. So why wouldn't Ben be prepping in the kitchen at 6? What else could he possibly have been doing?? Even on charters with no specific dinner time requested, doesn't Ben usually serve around 7-8 say? Then he should be used to that schedule and getting the timing correct. Why suddenly was he on the 10:30 pm schedule? Makes NO sense.

Those bunks for the crew are downright claustrophobic. I don't think I could breathe in there, let alone sleep. I love seeing the yachting life up close but know that I could never work on one like that. Unless I could stay in the master suite. ;)

I'm with you on all of it.  So much of it seems producer driven.

I do think I could easily bunk in a small room with Kelley though.  And Ben.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

When Kate described the primary as her "soulmate" before he said she came off as bitchy, I think she meant ideal guest. Young. Rich. And that the group would be fun. Which is why she was gonna do the pirate scavenger hunt. Did not get the impression she meant soulmate for a life partner.although she is looking for one. I just think she had the mistaken first impression that this group and primary would be better than the last. Mileage may vary.

• Love 4

I'm with you on all of it.  So much of it seems producer driven.

I do think I could easily bunk in a small room with Kelley though.  And Ben.

I agree about the producer involvement, so much of it seemed staged. Even the not smiling bit. And the phalic towel.

Those rooms would make me claustrophobic, no way I could stay in them!

Andrew was a dope, but I still felt bad for him. If he was acting, he had the best performance. He truly looked concerned waking in there. Nice kid, no experience.

When Kate described the primary as her "soulmate" before he said she came off as bitchy, I think she meant ideal guest. Young. Rich. And that the group would be fun. Which is why she was gonna do the pirate scavenger hunt. Did not get the impression she meant soulmate for a life partner.although she is looking for one. I just think she had the mistaken first impression that this group and primary would be better than the last. Mileage may vary.

Right, IIRC she called him charter guest soul mate. Funny how first impressions can be so off.

• Love 1

WRT late dinner. I vaguely remember Ben being late with dinner once during S1 too. Something along the lines of can't rush art, but I don't fully remember the details. From what I do remember though it was a sudden change of plans and not exactly like this guest's "dinner will be served promptly at 8:30" expectation. Also, I would be starving by 8:30, much less 10:30. If I was a guest, not even the primary, I would probably be down in the galley trying to find something, anything to eat.

I thought it was really shitty how the crew treated Andrew though. They all talked really bad about him behind his back and then pretended to be sad to see him go. I get he lied, but I also get this is a reality show and he was likely chosen by the producers for his lack of experience.

One other thing that's been bugging me. Kelly is supposed to be an engineer not a deckhand, at least according to the credits. I'm not sure we've seen him do anything engineering related.

• Love 1

Right, IIRC she called him charter guest soul mate. Funny how first impressions can be so off.

Ah, my bad. I thought her eyes perked up when she realized how rich he was in looking at the info on him as if she had stars in her eyes...

Anyone else chuckle at how much the photos in the portfolio of the guests look pretty much nothing like what the guests ended up looking like?  I expected the women to be drop dead gorgeous but most of them looked like bad strippers in West Virginia.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 5

Exactly!  How is she any more useful than Andrew?

WRT late dinner. I vaguely remember Ben being late with dinner once during S1 too. Something along the lines of can't rush art, but I don't fully remember the details. From what I do remember though it was a sudden change of plans and not exactly like this guest's "dinner will be served promptly at 8:30" expectation. Also, I would be starving by 8:30, much less 10:30. If I was a guest, not even the primary, I would probably be down in the galley trying to find something, anything to eat.

Can you imagine *any* yacht that wouldn't have at least bread out for the guests particularly when they are complaining about being hungry?  Either this is one really stupid crew or this is all producer driven.  Not to mention given that the drinks are always flowing aren't you actually a liability allowing them to drink whenever and whatever and not at least making sure there is something to munch on before your artful dinner is served?

Edited by sasha206

Can you imagine *any* yacht that wouldn't have at least bread out for the guests particularly when they are complaining about being hungry?  Either this is one really stupid crew or this is all producer driven.  Not to mention given that the drinks are always flowing aren't you actually a liability allowing them to drink whenever and whatever and not at least making sure there is something to munch on before your artful dinner is served?

I agree, this was probably completely producer driven. They probably noticed that the charter guest was such a stickler for timing and decided to mess with him a bit to create some drama. FWIW, we did see the stews serving random pieces of bread, but you would think they would be down there in the galley heating up appetizers, making salads or something. Heck, you could've created even more drama right there by having them in Ben's kitchen trying to keep the guests happy while they waited forever.

• Love 2

Thinking about, the dinner being THAT late was probably producer driven.  It wouldn't change how I would have handled it as a guest.  I wonder if the 'guests' pay when the charter is being filmed.

In defense of Jennice, being a good deckhand isn't all about strength (Andrew was probably stronger than Jennice but he sucked).  Most of the work is about knowing what you're doing and being able to react to situations. 

Kelley isn't the engineer.  He's the second engineer.  Both the engineer this season and last season weren't seen on camera IRC (I have no idea if it is the same person).

And yes, the crew rooms are tight. 

• Love 1

I really want to know how much of this show is, well, real. Obviously, much of it is fake since it's a reality show. But, I still have questions. Like, does this yacht travel when the show is not filming? Does this same crew work when they are not filming? Do they get paid for working on the yacht (in addition to their compensation to be on the show)? Do the guests pays for the trip? Do the guests actually tip? Does the crew keep the tip?

I like to think that Bravo just happened upon people who were actually doing this, but I've been burned too many times by reality shows.

Edited by Hava
  • Love 3

I admit I wasn't 100% paying attention when I watched it, but I do think Ben fudged something in the kitchen. He makes an offhand remark that the lobster wasn't ready so I think he skipped a course, sent the lamb out and then back tracked with the lobster. I say that because it makese no sense to serve meat before seafood.

And then there is the possibility that he did send out an appetizer but since Dean is the only one with an opinion, maybe the hungry Korean just passed on that course. It just seems unlikely that Ben would be three hours late for a meal knowing how punctual this guy is.

Don't even get me started on the hour-fifteen bs. I've had dinners at McDonalds that lasted longer than that. I imagine a full course meal would feel rushed in that amount of time. Seems fishy, especially for someone who makes a living in night life.

I really want to know how much of this show is, well, real. Obviously, much of it is fake since it's a reality show. But, I still have questions. Like, does this yacht travel when the show is not filming? Does this same crew work when they are not filming? Do they get paid for working on the yacht (in addition to their compensation to be on the show)? Do the guests pays for the trip? Do the guests actually tip? Does the crew keep the tip?

I like to think that Bravo just happened upon people who were actually doing this, but I've been burned too many times by reality shows.

I started watching this show because the first season felt more authentic than any other reality series. You can't write characters like CJ and Sam. They were so committed. This season feels a lot more contrived, even the porthole incident. How convenient that Kat and Amy are comparing cabins and lo and behold they stumble on a salty swamp in Andrew's room.

• Love 3

"They probably noticed that the charter guest was such a stickler for timing and decided to mess with him a bit to create some drama."

So when I book this cruise (heh!), I should indicate that I abhor kittens and deep fried cheese curds just to ensure I have plenty of both!

Edited by Jessie Q
  • Love 5

So when I book this cruise (heh!), I should indicate that I abhor kittens and deep fried cheese curds just to ensure I have plenty of both!

And puppies, burgers and beer. I better not see ANY puppies on my cruise! Or be served a juicy burger or a nice cold beer! I will lose it!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I think the dinner thing was a combo of Ben fucking something up that put him behind schedule and a misunderstanding about what dinner at 8:30 meant. I think Ben thought it meant the dinner portion of the evening would being at 8:30 with drinks and then slowly progress toward the main course at about 10, 10:30. I think the guest thought it meant they would sit down to the first course at 8:30 sharp and being eating the main course by 9:00, 9:15. But I also agree with the poster up thread who said it looked like something got fucked up with the lobster or some sort of fish course that put everything behind schedule so it was a double whammy.

I think the dinner thing was a combo of Ben fucking something up that put him behind schedule and a misunderstanding about what dinner at 8:30 meant. I think Ben thought it meant the dinner portion of the evening would being at 8:30 with drinks and then slowly progress toward the main course at about 10, 10:30. I think the guest thought it meant they would sit down to the first course at 8:30 sharp and being eating the main course by 9:00, 9:15. But I also agree with the poster up thread who said it looked like something got fucked up with the lobster or some sort of fish course that put everything behind schedule so it was a double whammy.

I think you are right  I recall him kinda doing an uh-oh at some point.

This season feels a lot more contrived, even the porthole incident. How convenient that Kat and Amy are comparing cabins and lo and behold they stumble on a salty swamp in Andrew's room.

I think Andrew was dumb enough to open a porthole, but I think production was smart enough to tell someone almost immediately.

I'm going to go ahead and call that guy a prick for the way he talked to Kate. Sexist? Maybe, strong probability, but a jerk either way. From asking/commanding her to have a shot (people may have all sorts of reasons to not drink or not want to drink with you. Pressuring someone who in essence works for you into drinking is all kinds of asshole) to continuing on long after he had made his point that guy was just a Dick waving ass. If he felt the need to bring it up at all (I'm going to say no, don't do it. They're not performing animals. If you think she didn't smile enough leave a lousy tip and a note explaining it) it should have been dropped after Kate acknowledged his concerns and apologized for giving off the wrong vibe, but he kept going. And I'm sorry he called her a bitch. I don't care how he phrased it, the intent was to call her a bitch.

• Love 5
Can you imagine *any* yacht that wouldn't have at least bread out for the guests particularly when they are complaining about being hungry?

They did give them bread earlier in the dinner. 

Unless it is a multiple course tasting menu more than two hours from when you got drinks to your entree is ridiculous timing. 

They did give them bread earlier in the dinner.

Unless it is a multiple course tasting menu more than two hours from when you got drinks to your entree is ridiculous timing.

I think it was. Or at least I think that's what Ben had in mind, but the guest had more of an appetizer, salad, main, dessert service in mind. Plus I think whatever the lobster was never came out so there was probably a gap of 30 minutes or so with no food at all on what was already a longer service than the guest wanted.

I think the dinner thing was a combo of Ben fucking something up that put him behind schedule and a misunderstanding about what dinner at 8:30 meant. I think Ben thought it meant the dinner portion of the evening would being at 8:30 with drinks and then slowly progress toward the main course at about 10, 10:30.

This wasn't Ben's first time at the rodeo. He knew what dinner at 8:30 meant.

My guess is that the guests did not sit down right at 8:30 and that they were late just like at breakfast. After all these are Mr. Big's preferences, not theirs. Also I would think that Ben does not start cooking some of the parts of the meal until guests are seated. If the meal has a lot of components, it may stretch out the time between courses. I I would think that his meals will be simplified for this group after this. I notice that Ben complains a lot in the galley but he is always a pro with the guests. He knows how to get a good tip.

• Love 2

True, he didn't call Kate a bitch; but if Kate were a man, would he have used the word, "bitchy?"

ETA - I would call Ben bitchy - it is  comment on someone's behavior, not gender, in my opinion.

Ooh, love to parse the lexicon!

I believe everyone knows exactly what you mean when you say someone's acting bitchy or if you say someone's being a dick.  So I apply those words with equal opportunity abandon.  (Tra la la.)

But I maintain it's considerably milder to note that someone's being bitchy or that someone's behaving like a dick versus summing up the person's entire character as such.  You can even say it the first way, in constructive criticism mode, to a friend.  Best to back off calling anyone a bitch, dick, prick, asshole, etc. if you expect to have any future involvement.

Regarding Kate and "what's wrong with her face,"  I don't think she has a botox situation or a naturally grim visage, I think she has exactly the same problem I do--a total lack of poker face.  My feelings appear like a Times Square electronic billboard feed running across my forehead, even when I try to conceal them.  I suspected it's the same for Kate when I noticed she tends to turn away from the guests/requests she doesn't like and respond quite graciously, over her shoulder as she walks away, "I will be happy to do that for you, with pleasure!"  I employ that tactic myself.  Intonation is easier.

She doesn't have a prayer of convincing the captain she meant to make a rocketship.

• Love 3

I am not a big smiler or much of a well wisher, ops, wrong show, but, then I am not in the service industry. However, telling me to smile is probably going to get you a What??? Reaction from me. The late dinner was absurd. For a group that prefaces everything with the statement that they don't usually complain, there was a whole lot of complaining going on. I also wouldn't have known the towel was folded into a penis.

• Love 3

This primary runs a night club-he should have known better than approach Kate direct and if front of his guests.  The penis towel will have repercussions but I prefer than to hearing about someone spitting in someone's food.  

If Ben went according to schedule and started charcuterie at 5:30-what the hell happened for five plus hours?  Was something frozen he had to thaw?  I think I would be cranky as a guest being stuck at the dinner table and I would have thrown the Korean  girl overboard.  She was just annoying.  

... Also I would think that Ben does not start cooking some of the parts of the meal until guests are seated. If the meal has a lot of components, it may stretch out the time between courses....

As being the wife of a Chef ( http://www.la-cha.ch ), no way it happened that way. You NEVER start to cook when guests are seated. There's a lot of side things to do before, which are called "mise en place" in French (I dunno the English expression, but it means that you have to prepare a lot of things in order to be ready when your guests are ready, like, for instance, prepare the vegetables, the sauces, a part of the dessert, etc !

Edited by Diane Mars

If I was spending big bucks to rent a yacht, I'd not only want my meals served at my preferred time, I'd want to be able to say "I'll have eggs benedict today", and not just eat whatever Ben fixes.

Well, within reason, I think. The reason they give a preference list is partly so they can shop and have food to make you onboard. If they didn't and you show up and say "oh hey, Captain Crunch sounds good today" and you didn't specify that you might want Captain Crunch, you're SOL because they're not going to be able to get it for you on the water.

Plus, if you pause and read through what they show of the preference sheets, there's a range of preferences. Some guests are say they like whatever, but they have an allergy to shellfish, so no shellfish. Some guests (like this week's) are much more specific - they say they like grilled shrimp ONLY and seafood and don't want anything else, so tuna one night, swordfish the next, and clams or whatever. I think it depends more on the guest and I get the impression Ben mostly does what he's told, but I figured the way it worked was he'd pitch an idea or take a suggestion from the preference list and go with it, sort of like your mom cooking dinner. I don't think Ben's there to be a short order cook, but rather to make it feel like that's what you wanted before you knew you wanted it - based on your preferences, of course.

That said, how do we know that the preference lists are also not producer driven? Not that a producer sits there and says "you want dinner promptly at 8:30 - *hint*hint*" while elbowing them, but I have no doubt that when a guest is chosen for the show and they get all of this explained to them one of the points is "you can be as specific as you want. *wink* this is high class. *nudge* you are the king of this charter" and those with already existing egos run further than the ones without.

If I were Ben I would have packed up breakfast at 9:30 sharp (and probably fed it to my coworkers) and told the primary that he was sorry and per the discussion they had last night he was strictly adhering to their scheduled preferences. (Again, if you pause and read his preference sheet, it specifies that breakfast is not to be served after 10:30.)

I would have served those two girls that were up before everyone else, though. Did they have to wait for the primary to show up so they could eat? If so, that's ridiculous!

Edited by McManda

Yes, I don't love the way they portray that the "primary" is the only guest whose happiness REALLY matters on these charters.  I guess it's because they are the one who decides the tip, but to me, whoever they bring as their guests should be treated with all of the same courtesies and excellent service.

• Love 1

Ah, my bad. I thought her eyes perked up when she realized how rich he was in looking at the info on him as if she had stars in her eyes...

Anyone else chuckle at how much the photos in the portfolio of the guests look pretty much nothing like what the guests ended up looking like?  I expected the women to be drop dead gorgeous but most of them looked like bad strippers in West Virginia.

Did you notice the bathing suit that one gal was wearing that went down the slide with the cute guy (not good with names, sorry).  It was all baggy and wore out looking, couldn't believe she was wearing it on TV. 

They did seem fairly nice though, nicer than the biker like chics from the previous charter. 

You have a inquisitive mind! These are all good questions, let us know if you find out any answers! 

Do the guests pays for the trip?

On Grantland's The Right Reasons podcast, one of them knows someone who works on the show and saw the contract and while they get a discount they still pay $40,000 for the charter.

Did you notice the bathing suit that one gal was wearing that went down the slide with the cute guy (not good with names, sorry).  It was all baggy and wore out looking, couldn't believe she was wearing it on TV. 

Yes. 

My thought on that was she gained weight so she didn't want to wear a bikini so she wore a one piece that hardly covered her boobs because that's all she has going for her at this point!

They all looked like walking STDs (sorry).

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 2