Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E12: Qualifiers 1 / S18.E13: Qualifiers 1 Results

• Start Topic

Tuesday, August 22 - Eleven performers take the stage live from the Pasadena Civic Auditorium as judging is turned over to the audience to vote for their favorite performer to move to the final round.

Wednesday, August 23 - Two acts from the previous night's show move on to the final round of competition.

If you're watching after the initial airing, winners will be revealed. 

I actually liked the country singer's song. It was sweet.

Adrian and Hurricane are both adorable.

Howie's comment about Sofia being in the market for a new boyfriend made me go google and wikipedia says she and her husband are divorcing. More interestingly, I learned that she is naturally a blonde.

Old Man Halen. 😄

[50 minutes after the show ended, I've come back to my comment in progress]

um...other acts performed...

Why do I still watch this?

I'm going to bed...😴

• Like 2
  • True Villains - I'm a fan of hard rock/heavy metal, but this song didn't do much for me. They're ok. I don't see them advancing. 
  • Lambros Garcia - I hate this kind of dance, so I skipped it. He has a chance of going through because of the back story. 
  • Mitch Rossell - fast-forwarded. I hate this kind of emotional country. 
  • Oleksandr Leshchenko & Magic Innovations - wasn't that great. We've seen it before, and this wasn't anything special. 
  • Adrian Stoica and Hurricane - dumb dog act. I like the dog, but the act is hokey. 
  • SAINTED Trap Choir - fast forwarded. A lot of pink is all I remember. 
  • Brynn Cummings - the kid is cute and personable, and not a bad ventriloquist. The trick was all over the place, and that one idiot wasn't able to hold up their panel. 
  • John Wines - it's a silly act, but I enjoyed it. I'm happy for the guy. Simon is a dick for buzzing him.  
  • Maureen Langan - I liked her audition, but I'll agree with Simon here. Just wasn't that funny. 
  • Ray Wold & Mom - I'll never be able to explain why I liked this so much! 
  • Lavender Darcangelo - she's actually a good singer, and they're clearly pushing her to go forward. A real critique - "I Want to Know What Love Is" is an emotional song, and can really be belted. I don't think the arrangement did her any favors. It didn't have a "wow" moment. 

Lavender is definitely going through, but I'm not sure who else. Lambros, Mitch, Oleksander, Sainted have a chance. Brynn and John Wines have smaller chances. The others seem unlikely. 

• Like 3

I am relatively new to AGT, season 17 being the first I had ever seen. I have certainly gotten caught up in the wildness that is the show--the crazy acts as well as the amazing acts. It seems like these second rounds of auditions are meant for us to reconnect to the acts and see how they are doing as well as determine the ultimate winner for the season. I remember last year that there were two brothers that did hockey stick tricks. It was nice to see that they had become semi-celebrities and got gigs doing halftime shows at hockey games. Was there ever a chance they would win the Big Prize? No. But a nice story. I feel the same way about John Wines and, as it turns out, Brynn Cummings. I mean, did anyone expect that John would take it to the finals and beat out all the other contestants? Not really. But was it fun to watch him come back and and go all Jimi Hendrix on stage? Oh yeah it was! Brynn just isn't quite there yet when it comes to being top shelf, but she has recognition now and certainly has time to hone her craft. True Villains and Maureen Langan got career boosts and I'm sure will do just fine outside of Las Vegas. But that's the ultimate question, isn't it? Is this act worthy to be a headliner in Las Vegas? Of the performers from this qualifier, certainly Lavender Darcangelo cannot be denied. Don't hate me, but sentimental background stories don't usually get to me, but hers has. I mean, I don't root for a contestant just because they have the inspirational, up from the ashes, I was bullied in school story. I almost didn't listen to the song because I reckoned she would be a shoo-in just because she was a Golden Buzzer. But wow, was I reminded of what an amazing voice she has! I totally agreed with Simon that this song is completely different for me now. Second spot? Adrian Stoica and Hurricane. If that isn't a Vegas act, I don't know what is. I loved the country singer, although the live shows always seem to have problems with the sound and it was hard to hear the lyrics. But I can download his music, I don't need to see him in concert. And he can write his own future I'm sure with what we know about the popularity the show has given him. The world needs more smart dogs! Go Hurricane!

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
3 hours ago, Superclam said:
  • True Villains - I'm a fan of hard rock/heavy metal, but this song didn't do much for me. They're ok. I don't see them advancing. 
  • Lambros Garcia - I hate this kind of dance, so I skipped it. He has a chance of going through because of the back story. 
  • Mitch Rossell - fast-forwarded. I hate this kind of emotional country. 
  • Oleksandr Leshchenko & Magic Innovations - wasn't that great. We've seen it before, and this wasn't anything special. 
  • Adrian Stoica and Hurricane - dumb dog act. I like the dog, but the act is hokey. 
  • SAINTED Trap Choir - fast forwarded. A lot of pink is all I remember. 
  • Brynn Cummings - the kid is cute and personable, and not a bad ventriloquist. The trick was all over the place, and that one idiot wasn't able to hold up their panel. 
  • John Wines - it's a silly act, but I enjoyed it. I'm happy for the guy. Simon is a dick for buzzing him.  
  • Maureen Langan - I liked her audition, but I'll agree with Simon here. Just wasn't that funny. 
  • Ray Wold & Mom - I'll never be able to explain why I liked this so much! 
  • Lavender Darcangelo - she's actually a good singer, and they're clearly pushing her to go forward. A real critique - "I Want to Know What Love Is" is an emotional song, and can really be belted. I don't think the arrangement did her any favors. It didn't have a "wow" moment. 

Lavender is definitely going through, but I'm not sure who else. Lambros, Mitch, Oleksander, Sainted have a chance. Brynn and John Wines have smaller chances. The others seem unlikely. 

Good synopsis.

i actually liked Lavender singing it softer.  She started off a little shaky but it got better.  She does have a pretty voice.  I thought the set design for her spot was beautiful and I got a little teary eyed knowing she couldn’t see it.

I voted for her and the dog act even though it was pretty hokey.

• Like 3

The last shall be first.  That happens to be the Gospel today in Catholic Churches throughout the world.  It is also AGT Gospel de facto.  In this ep, the act was certainly worthy of advancing.  It would be an alltime stunner if she does not.

This dog act is the best I have ever seen.  I would not vote them through, but kudos to those two-and four-legged actors on that stage.

Everything else was inherently bad, or made poor presentation choices.  Senor Wines, I'd bet anything, was screwed by SYCO production.  Turrible concept and also flat stoopid to have him play with a group.  The Hendrix open was a great choice, but it was not all that as he performed.  Yet and still, with all the others vying for the second invite, I most hope he somehow gets it.

Comedian was deathly dull.  I  noticed, though, she was given full time to show us what she had.  She has the poise of a veteran and appears rather more polished (compliment) than a lot of AGT wannabe comics.  The material was thin gruel, unfortunately.

I loved having traditional Simon back.  He made some quite deft remarks.  There was not a one that appeared to be out of line.  He was, however, on his best behavior, showing mercy and giving respect to all.  More, please.

There were no writer credits.  There was an unusual amount of clunky transitions.  It's been awhile since I've heard so many jidges being cutoff by the outro music.  Poor Terry was seriously struggling.  His Tyra self emerged.  Simon was genuinely concerned for him at the top.  I was, too.  The man was just not right.  My guess is the pressure of LIVE got him.

• Like 2

lol...I'd be that woman in the audience covering her ears...

Was the trap choir trying to capitalize on the Barbie movie with their outfits?

So is this season just a big Twitter X ad?

Top Five:

• Ray Wold & Mom vs Brynn Cummings: Good; I can't take anymore fiery chaos. 
  • John Wines vs Oleksandr Leshchenko & Magic Innovations: Meh, I didn't really care either way.
  • Lambros Garcia vs Lavender: Who's surprised? Anyone? (I'd hate to be Lambros offstage hearing "Hey, America I'm so happy you did the right thing!"; I know they're not voting specifically between the two of them, but still).
  • Mitch Rossell vs True Villains: Didn't really have a preference here, either; I wouldn't listen to either of them. If I had to pick I'd go with Mitch because at least he doesn't scream.
  • Sainted vs Maureen Langan vs Adrian Stoica &Hurricane: Yay, doggie!

Filler megamix mashup (if I heard that right). Only half watched the from the kitchen so I missed a lot. Unfortunately I looked over just in time to see the water spitters. 🤢 I assume they all got tested for covid...

Top Three:

• Lavender
  • Mitch Rossell
  • Adrian Stoica & Hurricane

Apparently the US Army is also a sponsor (actual recruiting ad during the commercial break followed by show visiting an Army base).

Top Two moving on to Finals:

• Lavender
  • Adrian Stoica & Hurricane

I'll admit I'm a tad surprised the dog act made it over the handsome country singer, but I am certainly not disappointed.

• Like 1

I love dog acts and that is the only reason why I've broken down to watch this stupid show again this season.  I am just catching clips on YouTube though.  I don't have the patience to sit through a whole episode including the commercial breaks which can't be fast-forwarded.

• Like 2
13 hours ago, Lonesome Rhodes said:

Comedian was deathly dull.  I  noticed, though, she was given full time to show us what she had. 

Seriously, I was like "why is she still going?" They should have cut a minute off of her. 

13 hours ago, Lonesome Rhodes said:

There were no writer credits.  There was an unusual amount of clunky transitions.  It's been awhile since I've heard so many jidges being cutoff by the outro music. 

I was wondering about that, I thought I had heard that writers can still work on reality shows? Anyway, it certainly was clunky as hell. The results show was a little better. I don't know how much "writing" there really is, but the Sonic Room or whatever they're calling it was particularly awkward. 

• Like 1

I know several of us have commented through the years as to how very lame Results shows can be, and in particular, how weak the guest performances are.  Well, this one is most certainly a low point.  What drek!

The best moment for me was the joke at Sofia's expense (Big Bird).  

For sure, a series low was the "Superstars" presentation.  Goodness, how the show has fallen with those folks representing.

No arguing the acts which got through.  OK.  I'm off to the apothecary to lay in a supply of NoDoz. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, Lonesome Rhodes said:

The best moment for me was the joke at Sofia's expense (Big Bird).  

I must have missed that joke but I did think of Big Bird when I saw her dress. I laughed at the Heidi & Sofia as Ketchup & Mustard thing, though.

• Like 1