Type keyword(s) to search

S20:E04. New Orleans is the Perfect Place to Find Love!

• Start Topic

Brad Pitt wannabe Sean can lose me with his Pompadour/Mullet combo.

He's a yappy little chihuahua who can't stop talking.

Speaking of talking and interjecting, does Charity ever let anyone get a full sentence in?  Mmmm Hmmm.  Uhhh huh.  Head nods.  Head bobs.  Mmmm hmmmm.

Soooo annoying.

• Like 7

I’ve never liked Aaron. Think he’s a whiner jerk. She’s eenie meenie on Xavier because he hasn’t professed his love yet. C’mon, let’s be real. This has all taken place in less than a month. As a counselor, or whatever she is, she believes it’s normal to get engaged in that short of time?  He’s just being real. He’s my favorite. I like Joey, but shes not going to pick him

i miss the old days where they did had real conversations, like asking who they will meet at hometowns. This season was way too short. She was dumping guys she never had conversations with. Did she ever speak to the medical resident from Ann Arbor. That’s where I live now. Maybe the university of Michigan told him they’d let him go for awhile but not to embarrass them. I never even heard him talk. And what’s with the “oh, I’m too upset so we have to cancel the rest of the evening…Waa waa”. Then some guys never get a chance to talk to her.

why do I watch this crap? I just get irritated

• Like 4
  • Applause 5

These guys really have horse blinders on when it comes to acting like Charity is the be all end all and only option for them- I bet her rejects instantly reloaded their dating apps while waiting for their flight home.  All I know about her is that her ex cheated on her- at least I knew that Zach liked peanut butter cups 🤔😅!

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4
On 7/24/2023 at 10:24 PM, GracieK said:

I felt bad for Tanner. She dragged him through 2 almost rose ceremonies only to cut him loose in the end anyway. It’s got to be tough at that point not to say look you clearly are unsure about me and I don’t think that’s a good look for introducing you to my family. 

You can tell she’s attracted to Xavier and knows he has major red flags but she keeps convincing herself that her instincts are wrong. 

I felt bad for him having to keep doing those interviews where he pretended to have some sort of relationship with her. He was so obviously that type of inoffensive cannon fodder who only made it this far because there were a certain number of roses to hand out and he hadn't done anything wrong. 

But if someone has 2 opportunities to give you a date rose when it comes down to a milestone like hometown visits and declines both times, that pretty much says it all.

Sean had the right idea about forcing the issue, but seemed arrogant enough to think the one-on-one time was going to open her eyes to his charms. Like he thought she just hadn't enough exposure to him or something. But in terms of not waiting around for the rose ceremony, it made sense.

Charity seems really sweet but I’m going to snark on 2 things that bug me. 
1. She rarely lets anyone speak uninterrupted. Could be an anxiety thing but weird for a psychotherapist.

Yeah, I'm actually liking Charity more than I did when she was on the Bachelor, but the interrupting thing is very noticeable. Like, 2/3rds of the way through a sentence from someone, she's nodding and uh hummming in a tone that doesn't necessarily match what the person has said. 

Dotun I really like more and more, this one on one sold me.

I really like him too, he seems like a genuine person. I admit I thought he would be an early boot because there were so many flashier personalities and better looking guys, but if she's looking for an actual relationship from this, I think he'd be the best choice.

Joey seems like a nice guy, but something about his personality strikes me as...transferrable. Like I bet you could swap out the leads halfway through and he'd have the same level of perceived connection. And his job as a tennis pro probably contributes to that, that's a lot of interaction with a lot of women and part of the gig is establishing that kind of rapport that will make them come back for more lessons and drills. I'm sure he'd do great in Paradise, but I don't think he's the right choice for F1

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
(edited)

On 7/25/2023 at 10:42 AM, Katie111 said:

As a side note, Tanner looks so much like a past contestant but I just can't remember who.  

On 7/25/2023 at 7:11 PM, deSchenke said:

I see Blake Horstmann, from Becca's season. 

Yep, that's who I see too.

On 7/24/2023 at 8:18 PM, Lamb18 said:

The insta-poet asks questions and composes a poem while they chat.

So disappointed in the poem!  It was completely cookie-cutter, had bland craft-store-framing sentiments, and incorporated nothing related to what Charity or Joey said, even in a watered-down fashion.

On 7/24/2023 at 8:57 PM, Lamb18 said:

And Sean is major pissed and complains to Tanner. He refers to Charity as "this girl" whi is now being unreasonable. Hmmm ...

The more he spoke in his THs about the situation, the more he started sounding like someone who felt he was entitled to her...and that gets problematic on all sorts of levels.

On 7/24/2023 at 9:03 PM, Lamb18 said:

A fun run is the perfect way to find love! They wear silly costumes. And the race starts!

Oh this part annoyed me!  The whole time they were there, they referred to it as a "marathon", which is not something that hundreds and hundreds of people would be doing "for fun" (it's 26.2 miles).  Then when talking to the other guys, he called it a "half-marathon" (13.1 miles).  Well, the time they finished in (approximately 2:40-something) is not possible for someone who is going at the leisurely pace they were and featuring lots of stops. Turns out the race is a 10K (6.2 miles), which makes a lot more sense for being something do-able for them to walk and stop, and still finish in that time.

On 7/24/2023 at 9:06 PM, DEL901 said:

Aaron’s sulking isn’t a good look.   

It seems like all we've seen of him is earnestness...we haven't seen playfulness or even just personality.

On 7/25/2023 at 12:26 PM, tennisgurl said:

Its impressive that this far into the process I actually like Charity now more than I did when the season started, normally at this point I'm at the very least bit annoyed by the bachelor/ette. This season is so low key, I like the lack of pointless drama so far (for the most part) but I cant believe that we're already at home towns. It feels like the season just started, I hardly even know a lot of the guys yet. 

I agree. When she was named, I was worried because I didn't think she had enough emotional range and personality to be the lead.  We have definitely seen emotions...still not sure what I would say about her personality, but I've been pleasantly surprised. Doesn't mean I think she's been a great lead...just a good enough one.

On 7/25/2023 at 10:41 PM, Rileyjo said:

As a counselor, or whatever she is, she believes it’s normal to get engaged in that short of time?  

On 7/25/2023 at 9:44 PM, Starlight925 said:

Speaking of talking and interjecting, does Charity ever let anyone get a full sentence in?  Mmmm Hmmm.  Uhhh huh.  Head nods.  Head bobs.  Mmmm hmmmm.

So here's what I notice with her interjections.  She does her "Mmmm Hmmm"s at the wrong time!  It's like if you were saying to her "Yesterday I went to..." and she interjected her "Mmmm Hmmm" right there, before you had said even a partial thought, rather than at the more normal "Yesterday I went to the store...." or even the more complete "Yesterday I went to the store and saw my ex-boyfriend." It makes me wonder if she does that while counseling...she probably does, because on the surface it makes it seem like she's listening, but it actually makes me wonder if she's listening completely.

Edited by LuvMyShows
  • Like 8
  • Applause 1

"So disappointed in the poem!  It was completely cookie-cutter, had bland craft-store-framing sentiments, and incorporated nothing related to what Charity or Joey said, even in a watered-down fashion."

There has to be a special award for someone who can take the cliches Charity and Joey uttered and reduce them to even more stale cliches!

• Like 3
  • LOL 6
9 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

So here's what I notice with her interjections.  She does her "Mmmm Hmmm"s at the wrong time!  It's like if you were saying to her "Yesterday I went to..." and she interjected her "Mmmm Hmmm" right there, before you had said even a partial thought, rather than at the more normal "Yesterday I went to the store...." or even the more complete "Yesterday I went to the store and saw my ex-boyfriend." 

OMG, that's it!  She does her mmm hmmm's while they're in mid-sentence, which makes it more noticeable, and makes you feel like she's seriously not only not listening, but just waiting for their sentence to be finished so she can talk.

It is odd.  Thank you for pointing this out.  I couldn't put my finger on just what was so off-putting, but this is it.

• Like 5

Joey’s “falling in love” on their first date?!? * And she’s falling in love with him (as a voiceover without video and no name mentioned, so take that as you will)?! 

Sean and Tanner—convinced one of them is going to hometowns. Oh, my sweet summer child, she’s going to send both of you home. Tanner is afraid he’s losing to Sean’s knowledge of gators. I might be wrong, but I’m thinking that might not necessarily be a core quality she’s looking for in a husband. Tanner’s getting his sob story in real quick; Sean made the fatal mistake of not giving his sob story (unless gators being a protected species on the golf course was it).

Dotun just had a 1:1! What about Aaron and Xavier? Are they going to squeeze in another 2:1 or she’s so confident about them she doesn’t need a date?

A marathon?!? Oh, hell, no! Push me off of last week’s bridge instead. Wait. There are some old and out of shape people here. Is this truly a “marathon” or is it like a 5K? Ok, these people are just taking a leisurely stroll. I’m back in.

* according to Sean, Joey has had a second date, which gives a bit more leeway on the love declaration.

And right on cue, Dotun is also falling in love! Two “falling in loves” before hometowns is unusual. The love declarations usually start after meeting the families.

Without Brayden here, Sean has emerged as the next immature, whiny bitch. Dude is going to get himself sent home by confronting her. “I’m totally in the process of falling in love with you.” “In the process” is a new one! Charity is not preparing to process falling in love. Whelp, being sent home was inevitable, but at least you got yourself a stand-out scene for the Men Tell All.

Tanner has to be hopping on this trolley knowing he’s a dead man walking. If I were him. I’d just shake everyone’s hand and say I’ll see my way out.

”I want to fall in love.” Oh, no! Xavier isn’t even in the preparation stages of love—unlike everyone else. A fear of commitment! Oh, no, he’s going the wrong way on the love continuum!! 

Oh, Jesus. She’s going to drag this out until a rose ceremony?! Xavier chose the wrong time to say he’s scared of commitment but he might consider falling in love with her in the future. He really thought he did a good job telling her that!

Now she’s crying to Tanner. There is way too much angst this episode!! I feel like it’s too soon for everyone to be in love and/or have broken hearts, etc. everyone but Xavier, that is, who is smart enough not to fall in love too quickly. Oh, maybe o spoke too soon. Now she’s going to his room. Oh, luckily they brought in the rose platter first. She’s making him sweat by saying she doesn’t have to give him the rose, but she pulled that same trick with Brayden weeks ago when he also questioned falling in love but still gave him the rose.

Oh Xavier is “on the train” to falling in love. That’s something, I guess!

The suitcase guy at the ready! I kind of like these little production skits they’ve been going with rather than the date outtakes. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

according to Sean, Joey has had a second date, which gives a bit more leeway on the love declaration.

Was that counting the four minute kiss as a first date?

• LOL 3
23 minutes ago, dleighg said:

Was that counting the four minute kiss as a first date?

Beats me. I only remembered that Dotun just had a date because I watched that episode last night and this one this morning. Otherwise, I only have to take the contestants’ word for it on who has had dates and who hasn’t. I’m impressed you remember that Joey had that kiss record group date! I vaguely remember a crowd of people jumping out of the way of dodgeballs, and Brayden hooting from a helicopter over some sportsball field. Beyond that, I got nothing.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
11 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

OMG, that's it!  She does her mmm hmmm's while they're in mid-sentence, which makes it more noticeable, and makes you feel like she's seriously not only not listening, but just waiting for their sentence to be finished so she can talk.

It is odd.  Thank you for pointing this out.  I couldn't put my finger on just what was so off-putting, but this is it.

And then when they do finish she says nothing of value. 

Suitor-  "My brother was shot and killed in a school shooting when he was 12".   

Charity "Well, thank you so much for sharing that with me.   I feel like we have such a connection now that you opened up.  Now let's make out."  

• Like 2
  • LOL 5