Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E07: Somebody I'm Longing to See

• Start Topic

I don't understand the whole dumping on Bill thing - especially from Doreen. Maybe I need to rewatch S1 & S2, but didn't Doreen willingly and knowingly have an affair with Bill?!  So why is she acting like her ish don't stink, while carping at Bill for wanting to be a father to his own kid?!?! 

I understand Isaac wanting to protect his friend Doreen but WTF with Isaac's hostility in Bill's office?  Correct me if I'm wrong, but Bill didn't know about Isaac's existence, right?  Why is Isaac acting like Bill was a deadbeat dad to him? Where's this same hostility toward his MOM who gave him up for adoption (instead of fighting to keep him) AND never told Bill they had a kid?!?!?! 

• Like 10
On 7/20/2023 at 10:10 PM, norcalgal said:

I don't understand the whole dumping on Bill thing - especially from Doreen. Maybe I need to rewatch S1 & S2, but didn't Doreen willingly and knowingly have an affair with Bill?!  So why is she acting like her ish don't stink, while carping at Bill for wanting to be a father to his own kid?!?! 

I understand Isaac wanting to protect his friend Doreen but WTF with Isaac's hostility in Bill's office?  Correct me if I'm wrong, but Bill didn't know about Isaac's existence, right?  Why is Isaac acting like Bill was a deadbeat dad to him? Where's this same hostility toward his MOM who gave him up for adoption (instead of fighting to keep him) AND never told Bill they had a kid?!?!?! 

Thank you.  But now that Noreen is in the circle of Serenity's bosom buddies she is going to shit all over Bill. 

Totally agree about Issac.  Bill didn't know anything about him till he was told he fathered a child with the reporter (I've forgotten her name) when they were teens.

Speaking of Issac, do you get the vibe that he likes Noreen more than a friend? Which to me is really ick because she was with his bio dad and Bex is his half sister.

• Like 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, greekmom said:

Thank you.  But now that Noreen is in the circle of Serenity's bosom buddies she is going to shit all over Bill. 

Totally agree about Issac.  Bill didn't know anything about him till he was told he fathered a child with the reporter (I've forgotten her name) when they were teens.

Speaking of Issac, do you get the vibe that he likes Noreen more than a friend? Which to me is really ick because she was with his bio dad and Bex is his half sister.

Aaah, good reasoning for why Noreen (sorry I kept calling her Doreen in my post) would slag Bill.  Makes sense- once you’re part of the In Crowd, you want to keep your spot by falling in line with the sentiments/actions of the popular crowd.  

As for your question, I did get a bit of a sense that Isaac was crushing on Noreen, and it is squicky for the reason you mentioned. Hopefully they don’t go there, if this show continues on.  Speaking of…I don’t know if the show will continue on Netflix or anywhere else, but the last episode makes me think the show’s producers themselves don’t know if they’re getting another season or not.

Edited by norcalgal
  • Like 1

I hate Noreen more than any of these other characters. This woman is in her 30s and she acts like she was too young and naive to understand sleeping with a married man is wrong and it’s all Bill’s fault. I hope he takes her to court. The actress certainly doesn’t make her more likable. 

I really liked the Florida scenes. It felt like a totally different more realistic show.

• Like 6

It wasn't a specific incident that is making Noreen dump on Bill. She was excited about everything  when the show started. But then, she watched Bill dump on Kyle because Ty's Baseball was more important. She got close to Kyle. Then, Bill ignored Noreen during the whole pregnancy- to the point of essentially saying I've been here and done it, so I'm not excited. Bill was rude to her brother. Bill never stopped trying to get Maddie back. So, when Bill promised Kyle that nothing could keep him away from Kyle's play, and then didn't show, Noreen just saw Bill for the worthless nothing he is.

As for Isaac, he just sees Bill for the scumball he is.

• Like 6
On 7/23/2023 at 6:49 PM, Bali said:

As for Isaac, he just sees Bill for the scumball he is.

I don't think Bill is scum. Flawed yes. Very flawed very much so. Noreen didn't put his name on the birth cert and he is still paying her some child support. He's trying to repair the damage caused by the divorce to his kids and Maddie. If he was scum he wouldn't give anything to Noreen and just ignore his children with Maddie.

Issac has major issues he needs to get over with. Why is he giving Peggy a pass who knew about his existence but not Bill who didn't know anything about his existence since Peggy kept him a secret. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
20 hours ago, greekmom said:

Issac has major issues he needs to get over with. Why is he giving Peggy a pass who knew about his existence but not Bill who didn't know anything about his existence since Peggy kept him a secret. 

Isaac is aware that Peggy knew he existed but was under her mother’s thumb for years. Her mother and Bill’s forced a closed adoption and forbade her from telling Bill. The only reason Helen and Isaac were able to find her was because of the Bible she left with him, so it seems highly unlikely Peggy would have been able to find him. She commented in another episode that it took her this many years to stand up to her mother.

• Useful 2

Ah! I was on the wrong episode, yes! This! All of it. Yes Bill sucks but so does Noreen and whether or not he sucks he still has a right to see his children. And I have no idea what's up Isaac butt either. Bill didn't know, his mother did, If you want to be mad at someone be mad at her. It seems that Bill is the new scapegoat for everyone's mistakes.

On 7/26/2023 at 3:54 PM, CarpeFelis said:

Isaac is aware that Peggy knew he existed but was under her mother’s thumb for years. Her mother and Bill’s forced a closed adoption and forbade her from telling Bill. The only reason Helen and Isaac were able to find her was because of the Bible she left with him, so it seems highly unlikely Peggy would have been able to find him. She commented in another episode that it took her this many years to stand up to her mother.

Which means it would be even less likely for Bill to know since he wasn't even told and the only reason he was was because Isaac found Peggy. So Team Bill on this one, Isaac needs to cool it.

• Like 2
On 7/31/2023 at 9:23 AM, slayer2 said:

Which means it would be even less likely for Bill to know since he wasn't even told and the only reason he was was because Isaac found Peggy. So Team Bill on this one, Isaac needs to cool it.

Yeah, Bill is generally scum, but he can’t be faulted for having no contact with a child he never knew existed.

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, CarpeFelis said:

Yeah, Bill is generally scum, but he can’t be faulted for having no contact with a child he never knew existed.

I guess they needed one bad bad guy;  everyone else miraculously sees the light and is somehow vindicated for horrible behavior including Doreen

Spoiler

and Kathy

Edited by Orcinus orca
  • Like 1
On 8/1/2023 at 7:57 PM, CarpeFelis said:

Yeah for me Bill isn't even a villainy villain or scum, he's just really self-absorbed and that leads to all his awful choices and hurtful behaviour but he's not like say, Sonny Corinthos was or Ridge Forrester. Like most of Bill's behaviour comes from the same place not thinking of others and only thinking of himself and that's a character flaw that's one of the easier ones to fix IMO. To my mind someone like Ryan is far more damaging and chaotic.

Edited by slayer2
  • Like 3

So I'm just now viewing this episode -- OMG, Maddie looks like she wore a prom dress to serve church cookies and lemonade! The poster above who asked who dresses these women beat me to it! Fewer puffy sleeves and ruffles, please. And maybe dial back on the cleavage just a teense.

Also, did trauma make Helen's hair sprout out? Or did she just need a change?

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
On 7/20/2023 at 7:10 PM, norcalgal said:

My thoughts exactly!  Noreen tells Bill he needs to be better to all of his kids, then walks away after telling him he can never see his kid.  Wha? Then Isaac's acting like Bill willingly walked away from him when he was a child?  It makes no sense, and I can only attribute it to bad writing.  

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, RealityCreator said:

It makes no sense, and I can only attribute it to bad writing.  

Well, let's face it, the whole series was pretty bad writing. Talk about a soap opera! So many loose ends and so many things that made no sense whatsoever.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Orcinus orca said:

Well, let's face it, the whole series was pretty bad writing. Talk about a soap opera! So many loose ends and so many things that made no sense whatsoever.

Speaking of….does anyone know if this show was renewed for a fourth season?

5 hours ago, Orcinus orca said:

Good point.  I need to let go of wanting it to make sense!

• Like 1