Type keyword(s) to search

OLTL Outside Llanview: The Cast In Other Roles

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Trevor St. John (Victor Lord Jr.) is taking on another soap: 

https://deadline.com/2022/08/the-young-and-the-restless-trevor-st-john-cast-1235083092/

I was a little surprised by this, I feel like he's been working fairly regularly in primetime stuff, I know he was on the "Roswell" reboot as a regular for at least a season.

Everything he does lasts only one season or like in Roswell they kill him off. As much as he complained he at least knows soaps are a consistent job.

• Love 1

Michael Malone is probably the single biggest reason I am a soap fan today and much of his first run is still a gold standard for me. This news always sucks, but this one really sucks for me.

• Sad 4

While I will forever side eye him for the pointless way he killed both Al and Gabrielle (and the violent way he killed Gabrielle in particular), not to mention for creating the Enchanted Hillbilly, I can give credit where credit is due overall.

RIP, sir. 

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, jsbt said:

Pretty sure it wasn't his idea to kill them off, but that's another story.

You're probably right; I've heard the rumors about Brian Frons overriding a lot of his story ideas during his second tenure. 

Shout out to him for Asa & Alex's Egyptian themed wedding, though! One of my favorite moments EVER.

• Love 1

I believe stuff is trickling onto FB/Meta. It was Jean Passanante, who was apparently very close to Malone, who seems to have broken the news.

Passanante:

I want to write about my adored, extraordinary friend Michael Malone who died last night. Right now, though, I’m just trying to adjust to the impossible idea of a world without him. ‘And when he shall die, Take him and cut him out in little stars…'

Hillary B. Smith:

It is with the heaviest of hearts that I write this. How do you honor a man that gave you so much? He gave me Nora, he gave Nora a beau called Bo. He wrote an Emmy Award-winning story for me to play with other Emmy Award-winning actors. He wrote me emotions to play that were so complex, I could only let them consume me. He wrote women with brains and hearts, with courage and fear and all of it wrapped up in bravado. He wrote me a character that I had to aspire to become. He wrote and we came to life. Thank you Michael Malone. You are the best of Time’s Witness!

• Love 1

Erika on Malone and surprisingly, the late Robyn Griggs (Stephanie Hobart #2):

I am so deeply saddened by the news of Michael Malone’s passing. He was a charming talented and wonderful man who created such great stories for One Life to Live and Another World, including the development of Viki’s other personalities. He challenged me in the best possible way; what fun we had together. But he was also the author of so many novels, all of which I have read and loved. I send sincerest sympathies to his family and friends.

I am so sorry to hear the news of Robyn Griggs’ passing. She was a delightful woman and talented actress. How very difficult for her to have dealt with such a terrible illness. I am glad that she is finally at peace. God bless you Robyn

• Love 1
7 hours ago, DB in CMH said:

Both Tuc and one of the Ford brothers are in Uncoupled with Neil Patrick Harris. 

I recognized Tuc, of course, but totally missed the Ford. Who did David A. Gregory (he really was the worst Ford, which is saying something) play in this? I see he's listed as Corey, but that tells me nothing.

• Like 1

Renee Elise Goldsberry is going to be in She-Hulk: Attorney At Law playing Amelia. She hasn't shown up yet but she was on the red carpet for the premier and she's been in various promos... although as herself not in character that I've seen.

Bring it!!

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 8/26/2022 at 9:43 AM, dubbel zout said:

I recognized Tuc, of course, but totally missed the Ford. Who did David A. Gregory (he really was the worst Ford, which is saying something) play in this? I see he's listed as Corey, but that tells me nothing.

He was in the hot tub that Neil puked in. Blink and you'll miss it.

• Like 2
On 8/26/2022 at 9:43 AM, dubbel zout said:

I'm really surprised David A. Gregory hasn't shown up on Days, but then again, Ron has Robert Scott Wilson to drool over instead. LOL

• Applause 2

Erika's most recent newsletter. Her fan newsletters are often remarkably candid but because of their quiet circulation, have largely escaped the notice of soap fandom except for the Dena Higley flap years ago.

Erika has been critical of OLTL 2.0 before in both kind and pointed ways, but this is probably her sharpest critique. I don't agree with her about everything re: the online show creatively or stylistically/tonally, but I do understand her POV, I do think the show's writing was considerably weaker than AMC and took too long to coalesce, and I also agree the whole project was only five minutes ahead of its time (and that the grifters running the company had no idea what they were doing). Anyway, her newsletter is always a delight.

The whole point of us going online was such a good idea. Unfortunately, it was so mishandled by the producers at Prospect Park. They knew nothing about what our audience was looking for, what THEY wanted. It was about stories and relationships and a lot of our audience was extremely offended by some of the things they were doing. We went through four head writers in three months because they kept saying, “We can’t write this stuff, or we don’t want to write this stuff.” The idea behind it, Rich Frank and Jeff Kwatinetz who put it together, was a wonderful idea and we would have been the first to go online (Hulu). It was just five minutes ahead of its time and it was run by people that didn’t know what they were doing. They didn’t know how to produce a daytime drama and they pushed the envelope too far, too quickly, and then they spent too much money and then they ran out of money.

• Love 4

Trevor is allegedly playing Tucker McCall, the illegitimate son of Kathryn Chancellor, last played by Stephen Nichols and William Russ. Trevor is at least 20 years younger than both men, as Tucker used to be the same age as Jill Abbott, so it's a bit awkward. But tbh he looks considerably older in the face than he used to, so maybe he can pull it off.

Edited by jsbt

I was like, excuse you, (some of us) OLTL fans have known since 2010!

I somehow missed she was going to be in this. I wasn't particularly looking forward to season 2 since season 1 was terrible but I'm more interested now. 

Maybe she can get an Emmy nom next year like literally every actress in season 1 did lol.

• Love 3

She certainly did what she could with an absolute mess of a character.  The only times Hannah was remotely interesting were 1) opposite TSJ  when "Todd" had her kidnapped at some point and 2) in early 2012 when she broke out of jail and terroized Sam et. al.  But everything with Cole and Ford and Crybaby James was zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Like 2

Hannah was at her best when she went against someone crazier and more twisted than her. I liked her best when Eli was terrorizing her. Otherwise, she was like Stacy 2.0 but also like crazy Julia from "As the World Turns" (who I like a lot more). 

I think Meghann Fahy was the best younger actress on OLTL. Kristen Aldersen and Brittany Underwood were both hit and miss. Kelley Missal didn't impress me until OLTL 2.0. 

• Like 1

Hannah should have been the one who pushed Marty down the stairs. Making it Eli was bullshit. Making Eli evil was bullshit.

Meghann Fahy is a capable actress. I do wonder what she could have done if cast as a real character and not a psycho, say, Leslie Holden.

• Love 2

I agree about MF, but I was so glad they didn't make Hannah the murderer. I really don't like the idea of a young woman pushing a pregnant woman down the stairs and killing an unborn baby. Besides, she was already Stacy 2.0 as it was (just a tad smarter and less delusional). In fact, I think TPTB should have waited longer to make Hannah go crazy (or not go crazy at all). Also, while MF was good in the role, Hannah was more interesting when she was NOT the craziest person in the room. That's why I liked her vs Eli. And OLTL really didn't write crazy women well. Especially not crazy young women. ATWT did it a lot better with Julia (Annie Parisse).

Speaking of Eli, it would have been more interesting if he got away with everything. Or if HE tortured Ford and/or Cole in hell. Eddie Ford (and JSW) drove me crazy, just like his whole family.

Edited by Handywood38

The weirdest thing about Hannah is that they pivoted her - they made it so she wasn't responsible for Marty's fall and then drew all sorts of parallels between her and Marty, Marty even vouched for her in court and took her in, IIRC.  But then, bloop, she went even more nuts than before overnight and tried to bury Starr and Crybaby James alive.  

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

The weirdest thing about Hannah is that they pivoted her - they made it so she wasn't responsible for Marty's fall and then drew all sorts of parallels between her and Marty, Marty even vouched for her in court and took her in, IIRC.  But then, bloop, she went even more nuts than before overnight and tried to bury Starr and Crybaby James alive.  

I think we have to congratulate Hannah for at least ONE perfectly understandable action.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, boes said:
11 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I think we have to congratulate Hannah for at least ONE perfectly understandable action.

And she made them dig their own graves! So efficient 😃

On 10/6/2022 at 6:50 AM, tracyscott76 said:

And she made them dig their own graves! So efficient 😃

I remember someone (Serial Drama?) making fun of Starr for, as she was being forced to bury James alive, dumping dirt on his middle instead of starting at his feet.

Speaking of Starr and her gentleman callers, I remember hoping that while she was all distracted by the Two Todds saga, she would walk in on James and Baz in bed together. Bonus points if her reaction would be to start laughing.

• LOL 1
On 10/7/2022 at 11:33 AM, Melgaypet said:

Speaking of Starr and her gentleman callers, I remember hoping that while she was all distracted by the Two Todds saga, she would walk in on James and Baz in bed together. Bonus points if her reaction would be to start laughing.

I remember being in zero percent shock when the actor who played James (or Gaymes as we called him on TWOP) posted a photo of him with his husband.

• LOL 1

Erika is returning to Blue Bloods this season. It warms my heart how she's carved out a post-soap career - unlike so many others half her age or more - because by her own admission she tried retirement and then said 'fuck retirement.' I had a feeling that was how she'd be, but I didn't know it would lead to real success for her in a slew of TV guest spots and Hallmark films, indies, etc. I'm so happy for her.

• Like 2
  • Love 4

How did I forget (or maybe I never knew?) that David Fumero (Cristian Vega) is the guy who frolics on the beach with Mariah Carey at the end of the "Honey" video.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 1
On 10/30/2022 at 8:42 AM, TeeVee329 said:

How did I forget (or maybe I never knew?) that David Fumero (Cristian Vega) is the guy who frolics on the beach with Mariah Carey at the end of the "Honey" video.

He was so, so gorgeous. So much better than the first Christian.

• Love 1

Underground horror movie fans still love Kassie DePaiva in the Evil Dead movies.  

I love Kassie.  I thought she was sexy as hell on the show and irl she seems very nice as well

Edited by BlueSkies

I finally started watching Amazon's "With Love" to get ready for Scott Evans' guest arc in the second season and I spotted another OLTL alum!  Brandon Routh (Seth Anderson) popped up in the second episode as Leo, a flirty running buddy of Constance Marie's character.

Edited by TeeVee329

A very sweet anecdote from last year's Locher Room with the Cramer women (which KDP indicates she was as sick of hearing forced into the scripts every day as I was, in addition to Robin Strasser always getting them together BTS to 'Cramer-ize' the scripts as she called it): Kristen Alderson, among others, has stayed close with Robin and stayed at her place in NY weekly for a year while doing off-Broadway not long ago. Robin woke her up each morning by singing at the top of her lungs. She also drove Robin across PA and NYC to get her COVID vaccine. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Kristen and Chad Duell from GH seem to be back on good terms; he was on her Dead by Daylight Twitch stream a couple months ago, lol. Kristen's bio says Eddie may turn up, so I'll have to keep an eye on it. (I take that back - he is in one of her recent streams, and he looks fine although I'm not sure about that mustache.)

Edited by jsbt
  • Like 2

Scott Evans (Oliver Fish) was recently a guest star on "The Rookie: Feds", which is of course a spin-off of the series starring Nathan Fillion (Joey Buchanan).

Unfortunately, he doesn't get any scenes with Niecy Nash, and there's something low-flow happening with his hair:

Fn2UrqdWYAAucXE?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Edited by TeeVee329

I recently realized that Linda Soto, one of the Angel Square crowd floating around in the mid-90s, is Andrea Navedo, aka Xiomara from Jane the Virgin.

I always liked Linda and thought the show could've done more with her. She became the LPD receptionist and I think she ended up with poor boring Dylan, the kiss of death since the show didn't care about him after Marty chewed him up and spit him out. Oh well, maybe they lived happily ever after and had a couple kids with very pretty hair.

Did not know Robin had long COVID like Emma Samms until checking her new twitter bio. 😞 I hope she's feeling better. She's still very active on her crazy-ass twitter.

Our own Sarah Roberts, Hayden Panettiere, is on the big screen this weekend in "Scream VI", reprising her fan-favorite role from 2011's "Scream 4".  Saw it last night, very satisfying installment in the franchise and Panettiere gets some fun stuff to play.

image.png.4e660bd64a602cf0212bcf1bb3df15f3.png

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Like 2

Per his local town paper, Forbes March (Nash Brennan) has been busted for grand larceny for... stealing cooking oil. It says a lot about my memories of FM's extremely extra ass and his on and offscreen behavior that I took one look at the news headlines involved and was like 'yeah, checks out.'

• LOL 5
19 hours ago, jsbt said:

Per his local town paper, Forbes March (Nash Brennan) has been busted for grand larceny for... stealing cooking oil. It says a lot about my memories of FM's extremely extra ass and his on and offscreen behavior that I took one look at the news headlines involved and was like 'yeah, checks out.'

I was just coming here to post about this! I also had the very same reaction. “Oh, that totally tracks.”

• Like 1
  • LOL 1