Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E19: Room 417

• Start Topic

Airdate: Jun 29 / 23

A cryptic tip from Red leads the task force to uncover a security breach within the U.S. government; Congressman Hudson takes major steps to uncover the inner workings of the task force.

Out of all of the seasons of The Blacklist I think this one has actually been my favorite. I'm enjoying watching Reddington dismantle his own empire from within while simultaneously tricking the FBI into incriminating themselves.

Despite the tie-in to the earlier episode where Red took Lizzie to Latvia for "answers", I think this episode is a bit of a retcon. I'm not going to go back and check but there is no way Red has had access to all of this intel all along. I'm also reasonably sure buildings like the US Capitol are swept for electronic listening devices randomly and often.

• Like 2

Oh Ressler, you are so dumb to allow your NA buddy to use your work smartphone.  Apparently Security Awareness training is not provided by the FBI.

So, is Room 417 number 417 on the Blacklist ?  :)

It would have at least been interesting if Ressler spotted his NA buddy in Congressman Hudson's office while they were looking at the monitors at the secret room at the Capital building.

Still no sign or mention of the dogs, Robert Vesco's cat, or Sierra the cat.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
2 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

t would have at least been interesting if Ressler spotted his NA buddy in Congressman Hudson's office while they were looking at the monitors at the secret room at the Capital building.

Yes!  This is what I hoped was going to happen.

• Like 6
4 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

It would have at least been interesting if Ressler spotted his NA buddy in Congressman Hudson's office while they were looking at the monitors at the secret room at the Capital building.

Heh, I figured I wouldn't have been the only one waiting for that to happen, lol.

Even though Red is using the FBI to dismantle his empire and incriminate themselves in the process, I still can't believe he'd want to have Harold, Dembe and the rest possibly get locked up since Hudson now has them on this recording.  Also, how does Red not know that Hudson is still on his crusade (or does he and he really is just going to let the team be arrested and put on death row)?

And yes, letting someone use your work phone was bone-headed but that's Ressler for you especially since the feds do have security awareness training (though they don't seem to enforce it when it comes to Congress).  So is Ressler's friend going to drop dead from an overdose while at their AA meeting?  And how convenient to have a "blind spot" in the Capital bldg and what sort of tech was being used that it wouldn't have been picked up on a sweep?  No one noticed anything out of the ordinary?

I really want Hudson to be dealt with and not in a kind way...

• Like 3

I thought at the end when the Congressman was listening to the recording it was messed up and he couldn't hear anything clearly.  I thought the NA buddy had a change of heart and did something to the device?

I think Congressman Hudson was just putting the finishing touches on the "Cooper's Treason" (feat. The Ghost of Lizzie and the FBI's Least Wanted) mixtape he's about to drop. It's going to be straight fire!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
21 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

Ok, but he wasn't looking too happy and looked like he had just gotten screwed, so maybe he was just thinking...

about Chuck Fucking Rhodes!

• LOL 3
12 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Still no sign or mention of the dogs, Robert Vesco's cat, or Sierra the cat.

Rest assured one of those bugging cameras is probably watching them right now.  :)

Imagine.  A high level government official takes a laptop home with him, which contains classified critical information about National Security. Where did the writers get that idea?  What was Reddington's Plan B if the team actually succeeded in grabbing the laptop?

I have to wonder if Herbie is secretly thinking, "Can I get a job with Reddington when this Post Office thing collapses?"  Right now he's the only member of the team that's productive.  I was really hoping that he would blurt out "It's the worst scandal in the US Government since the J Edgar Hoover days of spying on everyone."  But they didn't go there.  On the other hand, his line about checking a Steely Dan concert was on point.

You would think that someone on the Task Force would clue into the possibility/probability that, with all that spying going on, Reddington might have tapped their phones too.

The Senator's rant about the FBI protecting the Most Wanted Criminal in the United States was epic.  And naïve.  Maybe he should google the name of Whitey Bulger.

The blind guy took one of the faxes and put it in a locker, which was then taken by an unknown operative and handed to Reddington.  Curious to know where that's going.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Crashcourse said:

Who??

Toby Leonard Moore, who plays Hudson on this show also plays Bryan Connerty on the show Billions where he had a conflict with Paul Giamatti's Chuck Rhoades. Billions has a similar soapy sort of vibe as this show but none of the violence. Since both shows have been on for several years now there have been a bunch of actors who have been in both, including Harry Lennix (Cooper) and Amir Arison (Aram).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
On 6/30/2023 at 8:51 PM, Dowel Jones said:

On the other hand, his line about checking a Steely Dan concert was on point.

He had just finished watching Knives Out 2

On 7/2/2023 at 1:32 PM, anthonyd46 said:

Hudson must be number 2 on the blacklist. He is the title of next week. 

I would think that Red himself will be No. 1 and the title of the finale, right? I’m really still hoping for a Mr. Kaplan return. 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, tvfanatic13 said:
On 7/2/2023 at 1:32 PM, anthonyd46 said:

Hudson must be number 2 on the blacklist. He is the title of next week. 

I would think that Red himself will be No. 1 and the title of the finale, right? I’m really still hoping for a Mr. Kaplan return. 

Liz is #1

5 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

There's still plenty of numbers at the bottom of the list.

For Hudson to be #2, he has to be knowingly / unknowingly working for Red... as the self-destruct button or as fall guy...

• Like 1

It occurs to me that the Justice Department is wailing and gnashing its collective teeth because all that footage inside the Capitol would show the 1/6 Insurrectionist in HD detail, but they can't use it because its very existence, if public would blow the government out of the water.

• Like 1