Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E01: The Broken Circle

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, tv-talk said:

I'm very much sick of Klingons getting their butts handed to them by humans time and time again across all Treks, green stuff or no. The show uses hulking actors/actresses for most Klingons, has them in platform boots to tower over humans. TNG used NBA players and even had a great scene where one Klingon says to Riker (i think, or about him) "Do humans realize how flimsy they are" or something to that effect....YET it is a Trek constant that almost any starfleet officer, even those who appear to be 5'2" 120 pounds, can go toe-to-toe with the biggest, baddest, Klingpns. I'd much rather the show actually play towards how humans handle day-to-day interactions with a species that generally could rip them limb from limb. 

This. It's not that a smaller person can't hold their own against a much larger opponent. Many Martial Arts teach how to use a large person's mass against them. But that has limits. There are reasons why so many boxing/wrestling/martial arts sports have weight categories.

• Love 1

TOS!Kirk fought a dinosaur that survived giant boulders and diamond projectiles. Plus engaged an emotionally unhinged Spock in hand to hand combat on two occasions. Defeated O.G. Khan who was 5 times stronger.  Maybe the Klingons are overrated....

• LOL 2
28 minutes ago, paigow said:

TOS!Kirk fought a dinosaur that survived giant boulders and diamond projectiles. Plus engaged an emotionally unhinged Spock in hand to hand combat on two occasions. Defeated O.G. Khan who was 5 times stronger.  Maybe the Klingons are overrated....

Or Kirk successfully hid his augmentation

• LOL 4
2 hours ago, baldryanr said:

Well, who could hope to beat Kirk's wide array of hand to hand techniques?  There's the double fisted punch, karate chop to the back, and body slam off the wall.

• Applause 3
  • LOL 2

When the best part of the episode was the dedication to Nichelle you know there is a tad of a problem here.
I found the whole thing boring, except Spok and Chapel, I ship those two. 
I just hope the rest of the season is about exploring and not wars, Klingons and Gorns..

• Like 2

I love Carol Kane and think she looks fabulous. So I’m in for that. The Chapel character is freed from the 1960s limitations and they’ve made her bright and capable. But an episode without Anson Mount is really half there. 

• Like 1