Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E15: Throttle

• Start Topic

Manifest_S4_E15_00_23_01_06.jpg
Desperate to stop Angelina, Ben makes a risky move that yields unexpected consequences. A family emergency sends Michaela in a different direction.

Premiere Date: June 2, 2023     Netflix   

When did Director Zimmer have time to setup 'a deal' with Angelina ?  That seemed to come out of nowhere.

A woman giving birth gets no attention from the guards/medical staff, but Grandpa Steve collapses on the floor while visiting the detention center and a guard is there in an instant.  Grandpa Steve suffered a massive stroke and is going to need months to recover.  Under the guise of a calling, Michaela and Jared get Grandpa Stone out of the hospital.

After Amuta turned himself in, why wasn't he being interrogated to reveal the location of the safe house ?  Instead they just let him roam around the detention center.

Ben Stone convinces Director Zimmer to allow him to make a statement to the press so he can broadcast the code-word to the remaining 828ers at the safe house, but gets hit in the head by a rock for his troubles.

Drea helps Michaela remove her tracker, and then plants it in a vodka bottle in the back of the pickup truck.
Jared balks at cutting into Michaela's arm to remove the tracker, but Drea steps up with no qualms.  I like Drea, but she needs to move on from Jared.  She can do better.  I hope her draft text message wasn't to tell Jared that she's pregnant.

Ben injects Angelina with Saanvi's cure, and the earth shakes and Angelina goes all banshee causing the 828ers to pass out.  Not surprised that there were no guards running around after the tremors.  Security in the detention center is just atrocious.

Eagen takes advantage of the tremors and breaks Angelina out and they head to the backup safe house for the other 828ers.

Ben, after discovering the Callings are now gone: "I sank the Lifeboat".
Ha, ha, ha, ha.

After showing that the Pilot's blood dripping into the river caused the river to turn red, it turns out that it is red algae triggered by a volcanic event.  Sure, why not ?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • LOL 4

Bye

Spoiler

Fiona

That was my first thought when she ended up at the Stone Couch Surfing Inn and Medical Clinic.

Also what kind of lunatic checks her father out of the hospital after he suffers a major stroke he was lucky enough to survive???? Oh, and in the care of two cops who are on the run???? Nothing says , "love ya dad" like taking a medically fragile elderly person out of a hospital...

Moved comment from wrong thread

• Like 1
On 6/4/2023 at 8:38 AM, ottoDbusdriver said:

I like Drea, but she needs to move on from Jared.  She can do better.  I hope her draft text message wasn't to tell Jared that she's pregnant.

🫢

22 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Anyway, are they going to amputate her hand with the sapphire embedded in it? (I hate that kind of stuff)
If so, likely Eagan will be involved because of the value of it's power.
Why am still I watching?

At least no amputation.😬

22 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Just added to my Google doc for the Fall/Winter 2023 PrimeTimer Awards:

• Ugh, Not You Again: Least Entertaining Villain: Manifest, Angelina
  • Least Favorite Genre Show: Manifest

• I Just Can’t Quit You: Favorite Show To Hate Watch: Manifest

Just updated my Google doc for the Fall/Winter 2023 PrimeTimer Awards with:

• Ugh, Not You Again: Least Entertaining Villain: Manifest, Angelina
  • Ugh, Not You Again: Least Entertaining Villain: Manifest, Eagan
  • Least Favorite Genre Show: Manifest

• I Just Can’t Quit You: Favorite Show To Hate Watch: Manifest

• Like 1
(edited)
On 6/4/2023 at 7:38 AM, ottoDbusdriver said:

When did Director Zimmer have time to setup 'a deal' with Angelina ?  That seemed to come out of nowhere

A lot of things seem to be going on off screen. It leaves me scratching my head a lot.  

season 4 part one was a while ago- but I seem to remember that we saw Beverley’s grave site.  Yet I thought Jered suggested that they put Grandpa Stone in the same facility with Beverley.  Am I confused?  

Am I in the right episode to discuss Zeek and the cave?   I wonder if his ending up there has meaning for the 828ers final destination? 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

Drea helps Michaela remove her tracker, and then plants it in a vodka bottle in the back of the pickup truck.
Jared balks at cutting into Michaela's arm to remove the tracker, but Drea steps up with no qualms.  I like Drea, but she needs to move on from Jared.  She can do better.  I hope her draft text message wasn't to tell Jared that she's pregnant.

I kind of assumed that was exactly her message....

• Like 2
2 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

I kind of assumed that was exactly her message....

I prefer it when the guy isn't so macho. Having a taller, stronger human around the house can be helpful, but it's probably better if the physically weaker person is the bolder one in an emergency.
Just my opinion.
So Drea and Jared are fine together.

OMG.  This show just gets stupider and stupider.  I'm only watching it to see how things get wrapped up, but I'm not enjoying it.  Thank god I only have 5 episodes to go.  If there were another 10 to go at this point I don't know if I'd make it.

• Like 5
  • Wink 2
2 hours ago, QuantumMechanic said:

OMG.  This show just gets stupider and stupider.  I'm only watching it to see how things get wrapped up, but I'm not enjoying it.  Thank god I only have 5 episodes to go.  If there were another 10 to go at this point I don't know if I'd make it.

Hang in there!
MANY of us feel that it was worth, in the END! 😬

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

It took me a few days to get myself to watch this episode.

This episode really was quite infuriating.  Of course, Ben was portrayed to be morally wrong to inject Angelina and because of him, everyone lost their Callings, and Angelina escaped.  Bad bad Ben.  The witch wasn't even in captivity for a single episode and she's already free, along with the annoying Eagan.  He wanted the sapphire so much he was willing to hang out with Angelina 24/7?  Really?

The Callings are basically evil if it insists on letting Angelina do whatever evil she wants.  Why the heck would the other fugitive passengers have welcomed Angelina with open arms?  Why the heck would she even want to join them?

Poor Grandpa Stone.  That was great of the detention center to have a gap for visitors to pass notes to passengers.  And once again,  the passengers like Eagan, TJ and Ben could walk around freely, not even dodging cameras and all that.  

That boss lady needs to get her comeuppance.  Being a jerk to all the passengers but making a deal with the woman responsible for killing hundreds of people with the fissure?

Michaela leaving to "take care" of her father made no sense.  So much for her huge decision in the mid-season premiere to go back to the detention center to co-pilot the lifeboat or whatever.

Why did the Writers feel the need to add that extra stupid drama with Drea being in love with Jared?  Concentrate on telling a coherent and satisfying final arc that wouldn't make us want to short circuit the TV, maybe?

Why did TJ take an entire episode to tell Ben and Saanvi about what Olive "discovered"?  You didn't need to an Egyptologist to relay the message.  It was just a super clunky way to involve Eagan so he could help Angelina escape.  

So we've reached the halfway point which also seems to be the point where a season becomes even more frustrating to watch.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1