Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E13: Ghost Plane

• Start Topic

Manifest_S4_E13_00_18_30_00.jpg
Michaela heads to a dock with Jared to look into Ben's Calling. Saanvi walks Cal through a daunting task. A dark presence infiltrates the Stone family.

Premiere Date: June 2, 2023     Netflix   
Manifest_S4_E13_00_39_10_00.jpg

So the pilot expelled numerous Rocky Mountain Locusts that have been extinct since 1902.  Never would have guessed that.
And then the guards start coming down with boils and dying.  But according to the plagues of Egypt in the Bible, boils came before locusts.

The person that Cal/Gabriel finds is Fiona Clarke -- who traveled with the pilot into the dark lightning in a plane (just not the Flight 828 plane) back in Season 1 -- but she is in poor health.

Cal/Gabriel seems to get new powers with every episode -- this episode it's remote calling surgical consults.

Angelina projects herself to the Stone residence in the guise of Olive multiple times and coerces Eden to kill Fiona Clarke.

Ben's calling involves Eagen's parents -- his mother faked a theft of the family's fortune, but they get the money back and Eagen is reunited with his parents.

Angelina is going on a road trip in her van -- headed for New York.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
13 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

So the pilot expelled numerous Rocky Mountain Locusts that have been extinct since 1902.

At first I was sure it was little fish coming out of the pilot.
Either the CGI isn't very good, or it's just my TV. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
4 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

At first I was sure it was little fish coming out of the pilot.
Either the CGI isn't very good, or it's just my TV. 

I think I might have the same TV.🤣

2 hours ago, quirkygal said:

Also what kind of lunatic checks her father out of the hospital after he suffers a major stroke he was lucky enough to survive???? Oh, and in the care of two cops who are on the run???? Nothing says , "love ya dad" like taking a medically fragile elderly person out of a hospital...

I think I've had a stroke, I have no idea who or what you're talking about 🤣

• Wink 1
(edited)

Why am I watching this? I don't know why I can't stop watching...

Angelina needs to die already. 

Eagan is still Eagan and still annoying. 

The writers are hitting us over the head that Michaela & Jared are end game... Look they are still in love!  

• Michaela and Jared hands touch while opening a door! They both quickly pull away, but Jared gaze lingers....
  • Michaela mentions she misses being able to go for a run!
  • So sweet Jared slashes the tire to buy some time for them to go for a short run.
  • We see them running in slow motion with flirting banter and glances. 
  • Jared knows Michaele isn't over the death of Zeke, but at the end of the run, he still tries to kiss her. 
  • Even though, Michaela pulls anyway from the kiss and says she’s not ready, she doesn’t stop him from caressing her face and kissing her forehead.

I know this is all supposed to be romantic, but it reminds me of season 1 when Jared wouldn't give Michaela space to come to terms that 5 years had passed and that he was married to her BFF. Jared now won't give Michaela space to come to terms that Zeke is dead. Michaele isn't in the right place mentally to be getting into a relationship.  Jared just is pushy pushy. It seems in his mind Zeke is dead and it's been 8 months, so it's time Michaele realized it's their turn. It's their second chance! 

I keep hoping the end will surprise me, but I think the ending is everyone goes back to when they're in the airplane and instead of disappearing they land, nobody dies, Michaela says yes to marrying Jared, and everyone has a happy ending.... Well except Zeke who probably dies in the cave.... 

Edited by Fireball
spelling
  • Like 2
(edited)

It was so infuriating to watch Angelina get the upper-hand again.  I wish Olive asked Eden if she moved the picture of the Olive Trees.  I was excited to have Fiona talking to Cal and Olive, but now it looks like she returned only to die.   I hate it when shows do that.

Cal's new powers are relatively entertaining to watch, though, with the surgery helpline.  Maybe Saanvi should have gone into the washroom or the lab instead of in a public corridor where anyone could walk in.  Why didn't Saanvi get Olive and Cal to contact her ex-girlfriend for some secret medical care?

Saanvi should have told that lady in charge that she would get the boils next.  Let's see how fast Saanvi would have gotten clearance to Captain Daly.

Egan annoys me but seeing him exhibit some human decency was sort of nice.  

Jared is putting on the moves way too fast.  I don't have a problem with the pairing but this isn't how to do it.

Overall, I am finding this season reasonably watchable.  Surprisingly, this show actually hasn't gotten much worse since Season 1.  It hasn't gotten better, and the plot is basically a bunch of random stuff that strings the audience along, with zero rewatch value.  But... it's still engaging enough to keep going, so I give them some props for that.

Edited by Camera One
  • Like 2