Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E12: Bug Out

• Start Topic

Michaela finds a welcome distraction in helping Jared with an investigation. Cal tests a new ability. Ben and Saanvi try to decode a mysterious message.

Premiere Date: June 2, 2023     Netflix   

Would it be an idea for the Stones to keep using the name Gabriel instead of saying Cal all the time if they want to keep his real identity secret?

Also, the passengers are being closely monitored but nobody except Saanvi noticed that Polly was pregnant?

• Like 7

Unfortunately, Angelina is back.  And she's in St. Louis, Missouri living in a van down by the river eating a steady diet of government cheese.  #mattfoley

The pilot has bugs.  A lot of bugs -- that he expels through his mouth into the room.  No wonder he couldn't talk -- his mouth was full.  :)

Jared and Michaela get to team up to solve a calling of another 828er that discovers a child trafficking ring.

And Cal/Gabriel gets to meet Angelina in a calling -- since they both have glowing appendages.

At least when Cal/Gabriel had his calling he wasn't standing in the middle of road like Michaela last episode.
Cal/Gabriel finds an unconscious person under the floorboards of the barn -- no idea who it is.

• Like 2

Michaela gets let out to hang out with Jared. The writers take the opportunity to:

• Show us how well they both still work together.
  • Show us that Michaela still has fond memories of her and Jared --- Michaela "We use to go to a bar in this area! and I would drink my favorite Lithuania beer." 
  • Indicate how thoughtful Jared was -- Our honeymoon was going to be to Lithuania.
  • Have the shop owner mistake Jared and Michaela as a couple.
  • Tell us that Jared knew the perfect "princess cut" style of ring to buy Michaela. Michaela is even helpful to tell us how perfect the ring was even sounding a bit regretful. 
  • Very quickly pan to Michaela's ring from Zeke which isn't a princess cut.
  • Make sure to tell us that Jared and Drea aren't together and let us know Jared wasn't that one who broke them up. 
  • Have Zeke make the comment that maybe he needs to stop visiting Michaela because he's causing her pain.

Yep Michaela & Jared are end game which I've always known but it still annoys me. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
On 6/4/2023 at 9:48 AM, Fireball said:

Michaela gets let out to hang out with Jared. The writers take the opportunity to:

• Show us how well they both still work together.
  • Show us that Michaela still has fond memories of her and Jared --- Michaela "We use to go to a bar in this area! and I would drink my favorite Lithuania beer." 
  • Indicate how thoughtful Jared was -- Our honeymoon was going to be to Lithuania.
  • Have the shop owner mistake Jared and Michaela as a couple.
  • Tell us that Jared knew the perfect "princess cut" style of ring to buy Michaela. Michaela is even helpful to tell us how perfect the ring was even sounding a bit regretful. 
  • Very quickly pan to Michaela's ring from Zeke which isn't a princess cut.
  • Make sure to tell us that Jared and Drea aren't together and let us know Jared wasn't that one who broke them up. 
  • Have Zeke make the comment that maybe he needs to stop visiting Michaela because he's causing her pain.

Yep Michaela & Jared are end game which I've always known but it still annoys me. 

I’m sorry it annoys you but, I will admit, I’m loving it and hopeful.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 6/5/2023 at 3:50 PM, tinderbox said:

I’m sorry it annoys you but, I will admit, I’m loving it and hopeful.

I don't think you need to be hopeful. As I think it's a given that Michaela and Jared are end game. 

Edited by Fireball
spelling
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

I'm surprised we got another episode with Ghost Zeke.  We never got that with Grace last season during Ben's hermit phase.

I guess with this show, the Callings of the Week format just never gets old.  I did like the dad and I was happy that they saved his son.

Either the detention center is super high security or it's not.  There is just one camera to avoid and the guards are so few in number that all it takes is one distraction from Vance (who is clearly also a ninja with security cameras) and Ben and Saanvi can creep around undetected?  Like there isn't another camera in the pilot's room?  Why are they even keeping him there when there are other top secret facilities?  

Michaela needs to tell us her hair routine in solitary.  So much volume and bounce.

Ben and Michaela were in solitary for one day (since Psycholina said her hand glowed yesterday), and they're out?  And Michaela gets a day-pass?  I didn't mind seeing her going out to solve a Calling, but at least set it up more believably.  Or NOT have the dumb escape attempt last episode, which was totally pointless and a waste of an episode in the FINAL arc of the series.

Stop pairing the psycho Angelina with cute young children please.  Especially when you decide that her fissure killed hundreds of people.

I don't see any chemistry between Ben and Saanvi but I do like them working together, so I hope they don't ruin that with forced romance.

Here's hoping one of those bugs stung the annoying lady in charge of the detention center.

• Like 3
On 6/12/2023 at 12:07 AM, Camera One said:

I don't see any chemistry between Ben and Saanvi but I do like them working together, so I hope they don't ruin that with forced romance.

Also, isn't Saanvi gay? I think I remember way back when they teased references to her lover/partner by omitting pronouns and using the name Alex, and then it turned out Alex was female. I suppose Saanvi could be bisexual and that Ben and Saanvi could be end game in the same way that Michaela and Jared are.

On 6/12/2023 at 12:07 AM, Camera One said:

I did like the dad and I was happy that they saved his son.

It was good that they found the son but, come on, him being the victim of a child trafficker hiding kids behind a false wall of a shop was pretty out there plotwise--it would have been more believable if they found him in one of the crappy foster homes where he was treated badly because he was an 828 kid. But the despair of the father being separated from his child was very realistic and upsetting, and it was moving to see him and his father together (or as together as they could get with the plastic or glass wall between them) and having the hope of future visits. Was Jared's brother the new foster dad? When Michaela and Jared went to see the brother earlier in the episode, I didn't remember seeing him in earlier seasons. I wonder if they introduced the character in this episode just so he could end up as the new foster dad. 

• Like 1