Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E04: Week of Firsts

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Note from mod: The posts about Meredith and Kaitlyn were move to the Former DCCs thread. This thread is for Episode 4 only. It is okay to post about former DCCs who were called into the office or cut for weight issues in relation to what happen with Hannah and the other vets being called into the office about their weight. Any discussion about why a former DCC from another season  was cut should be in the Former DCCs or Former Seasons threads. Thank you.

Entirely agree on Melissa K's tweets. I suspect that her name would have trended on twitter, even if she'd not sent a single tweet - it was such a newsworthy event and got wide coverage.

If she had not tweeted and stayed silent, there would have been speculation she was upset/ill/in trouble. She did the right thing to send a jokey 'I am fine!' tweet.

I agree I think she tried to do a cute jokey tweet. But you should never be a cheerleader and say he is not that tough... That is what u say about the opposition Edited by mardo4

Yes, the Megan exit was sad.  I felt SO bad when she said that was the body God gave her.  Poor thing.   And it  looked like Kelly had been crying. !

she was nice but I thought her look was too severe for DCC. pretty girl, but I just didn't see it happening. I also hate to see someone get cut for their body type, but I am under the impression the team can only take a few short girls and they have to be the stand out exception. I remember them saying that for Mackenzie because she would have to be on the end of the kickline and her flexibilty was an issue. Mackenzie her rookie season said there were only 2 spots for her (both ends). I know they also have Vivian and I might get it wrong but I think Courtney? who r on short side for DCC. so, more photo shots and cameras if you r on the end so more scrutiny. Someone w dance team experience let me know if I am wrong, but I think there are other things factored here that Kelli and Judy don't state for the cameras.

yes, kicklines look better and are easier to perform if girls are of similar height. If you have a super short girl next to a super tall girl, they'll pull and drag each other. It won't look good, it's difficult and it hurts your arms. When girls vary in height, the taller are usually in the middle then tapering down to the shortest on the ends to make a sort of a "V". It looks better visually and just makes it easier to do. Shortest girls go on the ends, and there are only two ends, so there would be limited spots for Vivian or Mackenzie's heights. 

Also, your eyes automatically go to the middle and the ends, so bad kicks are more noticeable in those spots. 

This is why groups like the Rockettes, who are more about precision kicking than high kicking, have a height range, and don't even consider girls above or below a certain height. They're more about uniformity (height, size, buns, red lips) than diversity in looks, and are very upfront about it.

I rewatched this episode and, while Megan's exit was sad, I think she knew it was coming.  When she was shown as being called into the office the first time, it was a shocker and then to hear that the body shape (and, to an extent, style) was possibly going to be an issue, that's got to hurt.  She looked resigned when they told her it was a no-go after the fitting.  I liked her response in that "was the body God gave her".  It makes sense that she wished they had told her about something they could fix, but it sounded like Kelly and Judy were on the fence about her and would have kept her if her body looked better in the uniform.  She looked good, but something was off about the way she did look and I don't know if it was her body or the way the uniform fit her body.  I do wish they'd kept her until she gor a chance to put on the boots, but that might have been a worse time to go than now.

As for Hannah, I think all three were so over "it", whatever "it" was.  Judy and Kelly looked to be sick and tired of Hannah's excuses, her weight, and her lacksadaisical attitude about the whole thing and we're probably not being shown the whole picture here.  We only saw what was put out there and (though I could be misconstruing this), I thought Hannah just didn't care enought to try, not in practice and not in her "normal" life.  She was putting in minimal effort, both in dance and in exercising, and hoped that it would get her by.  The dancers I know are performers.  The moment there's someone watching them dance, they put on a show regardless of if it's practice, rehearsal, or the real deal.  That's how I saw the other vets acting whenever they were asked to dance during rehearsal but that's not what I saw Hannah doing.  Plus, if it's true that she was on multiple weight warnings last year, asking about a timeline THIS year was the kiss of death.  The moment she got put on weight warning, she should have gotten it into gear and done something about it even if it meant doing something during study breaks.  It's better than doing nothing and might even help relieve stress.  Based on what I saw (and this is opinion here), but Hannah deserved the cut.  She shouldn't have come back if she couldn't give it her full attention.

• Love 1

In regards to all this weight talk, when Kelli and Judy were complaining that Kelsey in her rookie training camp was too thin and looked anorexic, all I kept thinking is, no she doesn't.  On the tv screen, Kelsey looked slender, not scary.  No more than Jenelle/Janelle.  Jordan looks like she could be on the cusp of too thin.  This show is confusing!!!!!

Here are the My Fit Foods offerings, if anybody's interested:

https://www.myfitfoods.com/OrderOnline/OrderItems.aspx

Looks like a lot of their products are heavy on the salt.

Salt heavy, indeed. And boatloads of chicken.

They also don't look like appetizing meals at all and I feel bad for the girls who've had to sign on to eat these things all the time. I'm sure the pictures on the website are staged to look immensely better than the actual products, just like all those prepackaged meal programs.

• Love 1