Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

(edited)

A questionable surprising win and stunt-casted lipsynch shows that All Stars Riggory Rules are now in full effect!

I'm just going to say this: Heidi won that motherf**king challenge. And both of the lipsynching queens sucked.

This is the first time -- right? -- that Ru has stated that she's made "some decisions", based on the challenge and the runway, outside of a finale. If that's the case, then the runway must have counted for 90% of the score. I mean, the winner's challenge performance was fine, but in no way was in the top. 

Edited by davidcalgary29
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
(edited)

It's just a variation of the "She Already Done Had Herses" event from AS7, rebranded from a lipsynch challenge to a runway battle. It's an overdue change, although, from the hype, you'd think that they'd feature the runway from the eliminated queen(s) more prominently in each episode. Monica's "net" look flashed by so quickly that you'd think that Production was trying to implant some type of subliminal message in our brains.

Edited by davidcalgary29
  • LOL 2

I didn't laugh at anything tonight (except Alexis Michelle sobbing in e01 untucked) so my response was very meh.  I think the runway is always factored into the decision on who wins, and Jimbo did think outside the box in interpreting the net theme, unlike the two butterfly girls and three dozen queens sporting generic black fishnet bodysuits (including Monica, sadly.) I did gag that they finally managed to have a story with the lipsync assassins; I love Pangina and thought they both did great.  It wasn't really a contest that Naysha was going to go home.

• Like 3

I got a good long look at Monica's net runway! I am hoping the Fame Games will be an opportunity for a 'robbed' queen to win some cash, not a prize for who spent the most on couture. I was really hoping Jimbo would win the 20K this episode, because Pangina's interpretation of the song was awful, but then Jimbo just repeated the same thing that was great at the start over and over and didn't develop it.

I hate the bit where they plead for their position in Untucked. It goes on and on, and we already know who's gone.

So far I am enjoying this season for the seasoned queens, like Darienne Lake and Mrs Kasha Davis, and also Jimbo. Jessica Wild is lovely. And good to see a bit more of Jaymes Mansfield.

Kandy Muse is a punish, once again. 

• Like 6
7 hours ago, violet and green said:

I hate the bit where they plead for their position in Untucked. It goes on and on, and we already know who's gone.

I don't have access to Untucked, and until now that bothered me. I do NOT miss that part.

• Like 2

Heidi was robbed, I like Jimbo but thought Heidi slayed her part in RDRLive. " Good evening, trash" is how I should greet people I barely tolerate from now on! 

I love that Bobby Moynihan returned to the show to coach the queens for the challenge. I just like him. 

I can barely understand social media so the Fame Games concept annoys me. I do hope not-Kandy wins it at the end tho.

Am I wrong for thinking Ru will bring Silky back as a lip sync assassin? With all the props in the world in tow? Pleas, Ru, no.

• Like 2
On 5/14/2023 at 3:01 AM, violet and green said:

That's why it isn't on the episode anymore. I was doing a re-watch of older All Stars seasons. I always mute that part because I hate it. I'm definitely also not sad I'm missing that. 

I don't know if it is because so many of them are using such giant breastplates now or if they're just not using enough make up to blend, but in many of the outfits, their boobs just seem excessively unnatural. With many you can tell they're fake and I don't remember it being this bad in previous seasons. They look very shiny and vinyl. 

I'm apparently feeling cranky, but I also don't think 14th place, 12th, 10th, 11th and 9th place finishers make up "All-Stars." 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, joanne3482 said:

I don't know if it is because so many of them are using such giant breastplates now or if they're just not using enough make up to blend, but in many of the outfits, their boobs just seem excessively unnatural. With many you can tell they're fake and I don't remember it being this bad in previous seasons. They look very shiny and vinyl. 

Horrible, horrible boobs so far this season.

Alexis Michelle (I think it was her) had a definitive line where her breast plate met her neck. I don't think it was contoured at all. And they were two different colors. Really sorta shoddy. 

• Like 5

Sure these may not be "ALL STARS" per se but I'm living for the mess that is this season. 

My faves from the get go are Jimbo, Jaymes and Heidi and I'm happy that they are all doing well thus far. I'm also here for more Alexis Michelle delusion.

Am not mad at Jimbo's win this episode. Her runway was superb. (maybe it is 50% of the mark after all, as Starlet advised)  

Loved seeing both Aja and Pangina as lipsync assassins, but was unphased by either of the eliminations (neither Naysha nor Monica stood a chance of winning).

• Like 3

I think the whole point of this episode was to drive Jimbo against Pangina, but while I do think Heidi and Jessica did better than Jimbo, Jimbo's look was way, way better than anything else on the show.

• Like 2

I agree that Jimbo slayed that runway.  I just about died when I saw who the Lip Synch Assassin was!  Well played!  This is the kind of drama I was waiting for.  (Why they didn't saves Aja for when Kandy was top, I'll never know!)

I really liked what MrsKD brought to the skits.  She did a great job on both parts, but especially as the gardening customer.  Her runway was not it, however.

Maybe this is an unpopular opinion, but my heart broke to see Naysha go so soon.  I love her hosting gig at the Roscoe's viewing parties and was looking forward to what she was going to bring to the competition.  I'll be watching her socials closely and hope she does well in the Fame Games.

• Like 1
On 5/13/2023 at 8:13 PM, Starchild said:

This Fame Game thing sounds confusing. So there will be two winners? Or two paths to one winner?

I think it's a way for the fans to vote for their favorite, hopefully channeling their energy into something positive.

There will be a winner of AS8, who will receive $200,000, the crown and induction into the hall of fame. As queens are eliminated, their looks that they would have presented will be showcased on the episode (I believe they said in Untucked).  They can also add social media content to amp up their popularity and garner votes.  Fans can start voting July 12, I believe. The winner of the Fame Games will get $50,000.  Not too shabby.  

I really like this new twist.  So many queens put together an amazing package of looks and it's heartbreaking that they don't get to show them.  Last season, I followed Irene Dubois and Aura's IG pages to see their stunning unseen runway fashion.  Unbelievable!

• Like 1
20 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

Maybe this is an unpopular opinion, but my heart broke to see Naysha go so soon.  I love her hosting gig at the Roscoe's viewing parties and was looking forward to what she was going to bring to the competition.  I'll be watching her socials closely and hope she does well in the Fame Games.

Well, yes, but Naysha was pretty bad at Drag Race on Season 8, and the fundamentals haven't really changed. This is true for most returning queens: it's really rare for someone who had a bad original run to really transform themselves into someone new and unexpected on All Stars. Kylie and TKB did it on AS6; Aja sort of did it on AS3; few others have managed. Don't get me wrong: Naysha's an amazing host, and really livens up those viewing parties, but she's not a particularly good Drag Race contestant.

• Like 3