Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E13: Surf And Turf

• Start Topic

In this week's challenge, the chefs are asked to reimagine an old classic: surf and turf. The remaining contestants will be judged on their interpretation of a land and sea animal that puts a new, exciting twist on a familiar favorite. One chef uses the final time token of the season in the all-new "Surf and Turf" episode of Next Level Chef airing Thursday, May 4 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. 

Just now, GHScorpiosRule said:

I’m shocked. I really thought she’d be in the finale.

Last week I said that my preferred final would be Pilar, Mehreen and Omi.  Then they all were in the elimination.

Among the three, it did seem like Mehreen’s dish was the worst.  Too bad, I liked her.  But I like Pilar and Omni too.

Next week will be interesting, as it seems predetermined that Pilar, Omi and Nuri will be the bottom three, and only one can survive.  I like all three so it is tough.  I’m predicting that Omi will advance but my preference is Pilar.  

At this point I do not want to see Tucker win.  She lost me when she wrestled the steak away a couple of episodes ago.  She said its not personal and I get that...but that was it for me.  I'd like to see Nuri move forward next week

• Like 1

I dislike Chris the most, but I don't particularly care for Tucker either.

Unfortunately, the three I like left are all Team Nyesha.  And last year, Nyesha's chef Pyet won the competition.  So would Richard and Gordon really allow Nyesha to win again?

I liked Mehreen also but during the initial cook when Nyesha was practically telling her what to cook and she didn't, I figured she'd wind up in the bottom.  I also got why Omi and Pilar wound up in the bottom as well.

I'm not sure who I'd like to win but anyone but Chris at this point, lol.

I know someone who was friends with Chris his first year of college.  I met him once then too and had a brief conversation with him.  He was very nice and personable. We have both been watching and she has been surprised at how he is coming across because she knew him as a very nice guy and a "puppy dog"  So, with that said, I think he was totally robbed when they sent him to the middle kitchen for the next episode.  They had nothing negative to say about his dish.  Give Tucker the win, fine, but he should have made it to the top kitchen too, imo.

I like everyone who is left.  Can't think of anyone I really didn't like except that dr guy that left fairly early

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

Oh no.  Omi and her fakey gimmick need to go.  
Tucker for the win….she’s been my choice since episode one.  Although I’m sure Omi will win. Ugh. 

(edited)

Ugh. I can’t believe that Gordon-who has been to India (one of his specials) and also from Kitchen Nightmares where he helped out at an Indian restaurant, said in this show: “Naan bread.” No. It’s just Naan. Would one say croissant bread? It’s as bad as when I see Chaii Tea. No it’s just chai. Chai tea is like saying tea tea. Because chai is the hindi word for tea!😒😒😒

Richard and Nyesha should have known better as well.

Mehreen just looked like she was going through the motions in the elimination. Or maybe it was the editing monkeys at play again.

But I do have to agree that the plating for her Naan and tandoori didn’t look like restaurant quality. Too bad because I really liked her.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Like 1

Mehreen gone just sad she was the last home cook to go, no more home cooks to root for in the final episode. Next week just my guess Tucker, Pilar and Chris will advance to the final three. I state Pilar for sole reason was her plate save in a previous episode. 

On 5/5/2023 at 6:51 PM, Wicked said:

I know someone who was friends with Chris his first year of college.  I met him once then too and had a brief conversation with him.  He was very nice and personable. We have both been watching and she has been surprised at how he is coming across because she knew him as a very nice guy and a "puppy dog"  So, with that said, I think he was totally robbed when they sent him to the middle kitchen for the next episode.  They had nothing negative to say about his dish.  Give Tucker the win, fine, but he should have made it to the top kitchen too, imo.

I like everyone who is left.  Can't think of anyone I really didn't like except that dr guy that left fairly early

Interesting about Chris. I wonder if Chris has changed, is just a different person when it comes to cooking, just didn't show this side of himself, or is a victim of a "villain" edit.

Because I think that he comes off as a super-entitled jerk and a bit of a psycho on the show.

I think that structurally, with five chefs, it would make sense to have one on top level, two in the middle and two on the bottom. Of course, other configurations might as well -- you could have all five on the top, if you wanted to, and just let them all fight it out, or stagger how much time they get to pick ingredients, for example. 

• Like 1
On 5/5/2023 at 11:43 PM, Meowwww said:

Oh no.  Omi and her fakey gimmick need to go.  
Tucker for the win….she’s been my choice since episode one.  Although I’m sure Omi will win. Ugh. 

My money is on Tucker winning. She probably has had the most No. 1 dishes. She has only been at risk of going home once, while all the others have been at least twice and in the case of Stretch 3 times. The fact that she's Team Ramsay also means to me she's got a leg up.

I'm not sure what fakey gimmick of Omi's you're referring to. I tend to think that Pilar is the most likely Team Arrington member to survive. I would laugh and laugh if somehow the finale were all Team Arrington: a) it'd mean that Nyesha would get to rub it in Blais and Gordon's faces and b) it would mean the possibility of Chris winning it all would go from slightly non-zero to zero.

• Like 3
On 5/5/2023 at 12:26 AM, cinsbythesea said:

I'd like to see Nuri move forward next week

Nuri is from my part of Mur’land (Maryland), so I’m pushing for him, however I don’t think he’s ganna beat Tucker.

Now that he’s out of the basement, I think even with his three in a row eliminations he should be able to level up. He could make the top three. Again, he’s not beating Tucker, but he could be even against Chris or Omi. I don’t think he’s beating Pilar either, but those four are in contention in my book…

• Like 1