Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E07: Turkey for Me, Turkey for You

• Start Topic

The Coterie celebrates Thanksgiving; everyone's families arrive, bringing revelations, friction, and big decisions; Callie hides a secret from her moms and Mariana; Malika strives for the perfect Thanksgiving, but her family has other plans.

I guess we can pretend Brandon and Jesus never existed. I'm actually fine with it, since it took me til almost the end of the episode to remember they ever did. And Jude looked so different; at first I thought they had recast the role!

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
44 minutes ago, possibilities said:

I guess we can pretend Brandon and Jesus never existed. I'm actually fine with it, since it took me til almost the end of the episode to remember they ever did. And Jude looked so different; at first I thought they had recast the role!

Jesus moved to India, I think, so at least his absence makes sense. I think Brandon is supposed to be in LA still, so that one is kind of odd. Maybe his wife's parents got him and Eliza and Steph and Lena got Brandon and Callie?

So I guess Callie and Jamie really are happy. Okay, good for them. I'd just like to know how the little girl super glued the ring to her doll, but didn't also accidentally glue her hands together or anyone else's stuff? That is some precision glue work.

Lena getting high with Jude was funny, but wasn't there an episode of the Fosters where Brandon got high and freaked out, and Lena told him she had a terrible reaction to marijuana once and never tried it again?

Who would have thought Gael and his sisters loose co-parenting arrangement would be difficult. Also, to answer Gael's question on what to do when you disagree.....anything but say "well, as the biological father I'm going to have to put my foot down.

It was generally weird seeing a Thanksgiving episode in April. Especially since this show has given no indication to what season it is or how much time has passed in ages.

• Like 4
22 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

Jesus moved to India, I think, so at least his absence makes sense. I think Brandon is supposed to be in LA still, so that one is kind of odd. Maybe his wife's parents got him and Eliza and Steph and Lena got Brandon and Callie?

Brandon and his wife moved to Amsterdam.

22 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

Lena getting high with Jude was funny, but wasn't there an episode of the Fosters where Brandon got high and freaked out, and Lena told him she had a terrible reaction to marijuana once and never tried it again?

Didn't they accidentally eat edibles one time before at the coterie? Maybe that was a better experience for her lol. Either way, I'm so glad they didn't turn it into a dramatic, after school special esque, "Oh noes Jude has returned to his pothead ways, we must save him!"

• Like 2

What made the erasure of the brother characters decisive for me was that nobody said anything in-show about their absence.

But I also realized Sumi wasn't there, was she? Nobody mentioned that, either... or if they did, I didn't notice.

1 hour ago, possibilities said:

What made the erasure of the brother characters decisive for me was that nobody said anything in-show about their absence.

But I also realized Sumi wasn't there, was she? Nobody mentioned that, either... or if they did, I didn't notice.

I agree.

Writers, steal these lines:

"Wasn't it great to Facetime with Jesus this morning? I miss him so much."

"Brandon will try to call later. He hopes to be back at Christmas if his concert schedule allows."

"I wish Sumi could be here, but her parents insisted she be with them this year, what with the new baby and all."

• Like 4

I think they should bring back Jake T. Austin to reprise the role of Jesus instead of disappearing him just because Noah Centino has better things to do.  Given the dark legacy of 'Brallie,' the fact that they will now be married to siblings is...interesting.  With the millions of people in L.A. you'd think Callie and Jude would be able to find a non in-law to date, but maybe Jude has already.

• Like 1

Is the whole crying after get proposed a real thing? I know it it happens a lot n film and TV but I don't know anyone in real life that cries because someone get to their knees and offers them a stone. I do know couples who did all the kneeling down ritual, but they had already decided together to get married. It was just for the show, the memories of an EVENTFUL day, but there was no crying of - what? Happiness shouldn't require pageantry. Relief?

To me the message is a patriarchal mixed with childish fantasy one: look woman (because it is such an old thing, only a man would offer the ring), this is to indicate that you are worthy of me, so here it is, I kneel before thee to make you my queen.

Then the woman cries because she is FINALLY worthy of THAT MAN. As for gay couples getting married following traditions created by the patriarchy, I could go on a rant about this. Already did in another thread for another show.

• Like 1

Jude looks much better than when he had his hair long. He is still channeling some imagined philosopher in the 60's. The turtle neck the aloofness, drugs - apparently - all the time. No longer Judecorn.

Mariana is going to get into trouble again. She never learns. Hero complex, activate!

3 hours ago, circumvent said:

Jude looks much better than when he had his hair long. He is still channeling some imagined philosopher in the 60's. The turtle neck the aloofness, drugs - apparently - all the time. No longer Judecorn.

Jude's turtleneck looked awkward- too high and tight. I wondered if it was covering up the actor's tatoos.

Huge Fosters fan. I only watch Good Trouble when the Mamas come to visit. So nice to see them again. Particularly liked seeing Lena holding the old photograph of all of their children. Such great memories. 

Jude looks so much better without the long hair but he is definitely not Judecorn. 

On 4/28/2023 at 9:09 PM, possibilities said:

Alice had a line when she was talking about how all families fight at Thanksgiving and she said "Sumi is probably fighting with her family right now too!" or something along those lines. 

• Useful 1
On 4/27/2023 at 10:04 PM, possibilities said:

They were in the photo stoned Lena was looking at. 

I was waiting for the reveal that stoned Jude rather than Kamaya superglued the ring to the Barbie. 

• Like 1

Shallow bus

1. Mariana’s dress and styling was FIRE🔥🔥. She looked so good. Very autumnal. 

2. I prefer Callie with her darker hair, this tone isn’t flattering to her coloring IMO. I like the waves though. 

3. Davia’s pink dress was cute. The 40s styling suits her. 

On 4/27/2023 at 10:55 PM, KaveDweller said:

It was generally weird seeing a Thanksgiving episode in April. Especially since this show has given no indication to what season it is or how much time has passed in ages.

I agree. 

• Like 2
On 4/27/2023 at 11:55 PM, KaveDweller said:

Apparently they scrunched everything that has happened in the show in only a couple of years. I don't remember when Even came to the show but the doctor said he cannot remember anything from the past two years. He doesn't remember Mariana. Was he introduced in the first season? 

Which makes things even weirder if we go back and start analyzing the celebrations they had. It would probably make no sense at all.

14 hours ago, circumvent said:

Apparently they scrunched everything that has happened in the show in only a couple of years. I don't remember when Even came to the show but the doctor said he cannot remember anything from the past two years. He doesn't remember Mariana. Was he introduced in the first season? 

Which makes things even weirder if we go back and start analyzing the celebrations they had. It would probably make no sense at all.

Yes, Evan was introduced at the very beginning.

The series actually started with Marianna and Callie graduating and getting their first real jobs. So if you assume that was May/June, and we are now at Thanksgiving, it must be a year and a half since the series started. That's a pretty fast engagement for Callie and Jamie then. And it makes it ridiculous when Marianna refused to "start over" with an entry level job.

The Fosters had time move slowly too, but that was necessary because they wanted to keep the kids in high school. There is no reason to do that now.

• Like 3
18 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

Yes, Evan was introduced at the very beginning.

The series actually started with Marianna and Callie graduating and getting their first real jobs. So if you assume that was May/June, and we are now at Thanksgiving, it must be a year and a half since the series started. That's a pretty fast engagement for Callie and Jamie then. And it makes it ridiculous when Marianna refused to "start over" with an entry level job.

The Fosters had time move slowly too, but that was necessary because they wanted to keep the kids in high school. There is no reason to do that now.

I think it’s maybe 2.5yrs since we did have a Christmas celebration already accounted for. Callie also had to retake the bar exam. Isabel went through a full term pregnancy (as did Dennis’ ex wife)….. although I love these big ensemble episodes, especially when the Moms and Jude arrive, Thanksgiving felt odd. 

2 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I think it’s maybe 2.5yrs since we did have a Christmas celebration already accounted for. Callie also had to retake the bar exam. Isabel went through a full term pregnancy (as did Dennis’ ex wife)….. although I love these big ensemble episodes, especially when the Moms and Jude arrive, Thanksgiving felt odd. 

But if it was 2.5, Evan would remember Mariana. He only lost 2 years of his memory.

2 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

But if it was 2.5, Evan would remember Mariana. He only lost 2 years of his memory.

That’s appropriate though I assume. If I can’t remember some things from Jan 2021 I would say that was two years ago, Maybe?