Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E20: S.T.R.

WendyCR72
  • Start Topic

Airing April 18, 2023:

Officer Tim Bradford’s ex-wife returns and asks the team to help her save someone from her undercover past. Isabel’s return also creates additional pressure in Lucy and Tim’s relationship as they assist in the search.

I dunno.  A little of Randy goes a long way.  What I really want is more Nyla!  It really cracks me up how someone so experienced, hardened, and smart as she is got saddled with Skip Tracer Randy.

Lopez's "I'm so pregnant!" schtick was really quite awful, but I like how she saw it was wearing on her subject so she leaned into it.  I literally cracked up when she pulled that one last trick out of her sleeve--OK, it was a pepperoni stick--and chomped on it with such satisfaction while eyeing the bad guy.

What about the Bailey fake-out that started the episode?  I was seriously, seriously, worried it was going to be the beginning of a pregnancy story line, but.........yay for hangovers!  I actually didn't mind the Bailey C-plot last night.  She's not perfect!  She can't tell her friend what she really thinks!  They've explored this confrontation-adverse side of Bailey before, which makes wonder (hope?) that Nolan is going to come home from work one day and find her completely moved out and moved on, with no clue it was happening.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, HurricaneVal said:

They've explored this confrontation-adverse side of Bailey before, which makes wonder (hope?) that Nolan is going to come home from work one day and find her completely moved out and moved on, with no clue it was happening.

That would be interesting.  But yes, Bailey was actually tolerable this epi.

Randy can stay gone as a little of him goes a long way.  I'm glad Sergeant Gray told Lopez to take her leave now, lol.  Though I did appreciate how she got the guy to confess.

I'm glad there wasn't some sort of jealous shenanigan's between Isabel and Lucy but that they actually talked about being undercovers.  I still don't buy how Lucy can be an undercover with all the documentaries she's appeared on but whatever show...

• Like 4

A little of Randy does go a long way. I was glad that Lucy didn’t get all hung up on Isobel, and worked well with her. But Isobel can go away now, and stay there. 

Why do they hate me? Next week is another of those infernal Rookie Feds crossovers! Ugh. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

I hated the episode description:

Officer Tim Bradford’s ex-wife returns and asks the team to help her save someone from her undercover past. Isabel’s return also creates additional pressure in Lucy and Tim’s relationship as they assist in the search.

but thought this was the best episode in a very long time. 
Plenty of humor, less drama.

• Like 1

I fast-forward all STR scenes. I cannot stand this guy, super annoying! Don’t wanna see him ever again.

Angela’s I am so pregnant antics are only funny for the first 30 seconds. After that, they become OTT and exaggerated.

I do appreciate the decent interactions between Isabel and Lucy, talking about UC and not Tim. Lucy doesn’t mention anything about the detective exam that she’s supposed to take weeks ago. Has it been forgotten?

Tim is always at Lucy’s apartment. Who’s taking care of Kojo??! 🤔

I'm sure it was just meant as humor, because of her discussion with her departing friend, but the concluding scene with Bailey pouring a glass of wine, then shrugging and taking a swig out of the bottle made me wonder for a hot minute if they were going there.  Then I just realized that was Bailey basically just making an ironic toast to herself and her friend's conclusion in celebration of her exhausting friend's departure.

• Like 3
  • Useful 3

This show has really gone downhill!  STR plot was awful!   I can't stand Chen no matter what she is doing!  Lopez looked like she still had a couple of months to go so her schtick seemed really OTT!  I was really over it when she was struggling to walk up the stairs!  Seriously??  Don't even get me started on Bailey!!!  She's even more annoying as STR!  The only positive for this ep was it wasn't so Dolan centered.