Type keyword(s) to search

S44.E07: Let's Not Be Cute About It LIVE CHAT

LadyChatts
  • Start Topic

Castaways must find the key to unlock a new twist in the game. Then, one castaway finds themselves stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Didn't see a thread so hopefully it's okay to post this!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Okay, Matt's idol is fake, right?  The only real idols are Danny and Carolyn's?

Oh, Brandon just inadvertently let Matt in on the fact that his idol might be fake.  And now Matt suspects Danny has it.  I knew Danny was going to overplay his hand.

• Like 2

I feel like all Carson ever talks about is how good of a position he's in because people are telling him stuff.  He also thinks Tika is calling the shots between Ratu and Soka.  Honestly, I think he overestimates how much value he really has in this game.  

• Like 7
Just now, iMonrey said:

Five minutes in, already a dumb challenge.

Five minutes in and we're already at an immunity?!?! COME ON!

And I hate this challenge. Time to tune out since it's utterly useless.

Oh, a twist. Joy.

• Like 1

And of course, it wouldn't be the new era without another stupid twist.  This time, at the challenge everyone is divided into two teams.  Two people are getting immunity, but whoever is the last one standing gets immunity for the whole team.  And if that wasn't enough, apparently whoever "wins" doesn't get to vote at TC.  Jeff is really serious about trying to re-create Cirie's S34 boot, isn't he?  Now he's sunk to having like, 2 people eligible for a vote.

Just now, Lady Calypso said:

Oh, and look how fast Danny is gonna be safe because of this dumb ass twist. And probably Lauren too.

Maybe Jeff heard that they were targeting Danny and said "yep, can't have that!"  I would have loved a Danny blindside.  At the very least I'm glad he got exposed by Matt, and maybe it'll get back to him that he's not so great and sneaky at this game as he thinks he is.

• Love 2
Just now, truthaboutluv said:

Well with all of these twists, my guess is they got to the challenge quickly, because there will be A LOT of scrambling before tribal council. 

Which means Danny AND Lauren will be safe, leaving everyone to have to figure out who to target.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Why are they doing this AGAIN??? Half of them will be immune AGAIN?? This is so infuriating. And dumb.

Definitely not a fan of it tonight. It's one thing when the players are fighting to make it to the merge but the whole point of merge is that it's now an individual game. Making a bunch of people immune just because one person wins a challenge is annoying. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1

Seriously, I feel like they just can't let things happen naturally anymore.  They put fake idols in the game, which so far have been a bust (we'll see if it gets back to Jamie that hers isn't real), they give tons of idols and advantages (some of them with their own twists), and now they manipulate challenges by having half of the tribe immune at multiple TC.  Aren't they merged?  Shouldn't it be individual challenges by now?

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
Just now, Lantern7 said:

What sort of tribe name is “Va Va”? Did YY come up with it?

I’m distracted AF. Have I missed Carolyn being Carolyn?

Not yet. She hasn’t gotten any airtime up thrift through the first commercial. 

Just now, LadyChatts said:

Seriously, I feel like they just can't let things happen naturally anymore.  They put fake idols in the game, which so far have been a bust (we'll see if it gets back to Jamie that hers isn't real), they give tons of idols and advantages (some of them with their own twists), and now they manipulate challenges by having half of the tribe immune at multiple TC.  Aren't they merged?  Shouldn't it be individual challenges by now?

It's change for more than the sake of change

And Carson drew the gray rock but still gets to pick a team to put his faith in, but doesn't compete.  They win, he's safe without even doing anything.  Didn't drawing the gray rock used to mean failure in this game?

• Like 1

I remember the good old days of individual challenges, where Jeff told everyone if they felt super safe and comfortable in their position they could sit out and eat, and whoever wanted to compete would compete.

I'm thinking Carson might have picked wrong.  Unless he assumed orange would lose and wanted to be able to vote tonight (now that I think about it, maybe that was it).

Danny is out, so Frannie is immune and the last one standing from orange.  3 members still in it for purple.

• Like 1