Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E08: Going Global

• Start Topic

The game has changed completely as the teams have been terminated and, moving forward, each will compete as their individual self. When the platform drops, each person will grab a box with a country's flag on it but will not know what's inside their box. Each will be tasked to make the country's signature dish, but they won't know what it is until the competition begins. One chef's dreams will come to an end in the all-new "Going Global" episode of Next Level Chef airing Thursday, March 30 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. 

Tucker continues to irritate me.

Michelle, Tini beat you to the Spanish box fair and square. Shut up.

If I were going on this show I think I'd look up a few cuisines I was unfamiliar with, just in case. 

Vince (is that his name?) and his "I've never heard of linden berries" can go bye bye now.  

10 hours ago, mertensia said:

Tucker continues to irritate me.

Michelle, Tini beat you to the Spanish box fair and square. Shut up.

Yes, but did Tineke take that box just to spite Michelle?  Michelle said that was the box she wanted and then Tineke took it.  Ok, no big deal, Tineke got there first.  But then Tineke goes on and on about how she's never cooked "Spain food" before.  There were plenty of other boxes there she could have looked at. Why exactly did she insist on grabbing Spain if she had never been to the country or cooked their food before?

Edited by KeithJ
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, KeithJ said:

Yes, but did Tineke take that box just to spite Michelle?  Michelle said that was the box she wanted and then Tineke took it.  Ok, no big deal, Tineke got there first.  But then Tineke goes on and on about how she's never cooked "Spain food" before.  There were plenty of other boxes there she could have looked at. Why exactly did she insist on grabbing Spain if she had never been to the country or cooked their food before?

She also said she likes taking things from other chefs.  She can go anytime.   

• Like 3

I'm okay with Preston going.  He's talented but he's struggled recently and even when given advice he tends to not necessarily pay attention.  I did laugh a little when he was using the tagine but apparently didn't look at it closely to know that the top doesn't have a hole in the top.

As for Tini, yes, why would you take a box with cuisine you know nothing about?  She only came out of that because Ramsay explained it to her.  And okay, I can maybe give a break to Vince for not knowing about lingonberries but you don't wait until the last minute to taste them and figure out that you needed to make some sort of jam condiment with a couple minutes left.  Idiot.

Agree that if these folks are going onto these shows and knowing that there are going to be challenges that involve cooking cuisines out of their comfort zone/familiarity, they at least might want to look something up about them or go to a restaurant and get out of their comfort zone.

• Like 2

Was there some sort of note explaining the dish beside text saying what the dish was or did they rely on the professional chefs to explain the dish? It seems unfair to expect someone to be familiar with the national dish of a lot of countries

On 3/31/2023 at 11:21 AM, KeithJ said:

Michelle, Tini beat you to the Spanish box fair and square. Shut up

actually,I think it was omi that wanted the box. she's a puerto rican chef and wanted to do paella.  tini took it supposedly to challenge herself.  i think omi had the harder challenge to do indian, and balance the spices correctly if you haven't cooked the cuisine before.  

not impressed with most of these chefs, even if its not a fav, how can you never have heard of paella? its on like every cooking show

• Like 1

Regarding Preston... I thought it was a little suspicious that Blais had a tangine pot handy in the basement, where it sounds like even tongs are at a premium?  Plus, I can see advising the chefs but sometimes he takes it a step too far in my opinion.

On 4/1/2023 at 8:02 AM, DanaK said:

Was there some sort of note explaining the dish beside text saying what the dish was or did they rely on the professional chefs to explain the dish? It seems unfair to expect someone to be familiar with the national dish of a lot of countries

I was wondering the same.  Tini Gollum has never ever before cooked "Spain food" and has never heard of paella, and yet she is able to produce one?  Either she (and some of the others who weren't familiar with their country/dish like Preston) had some kind of recipe card or they must have been given a lot of direction off-camera.

I'm sorry to see Preston go, I think he's better than some of the ones left.

• Like 2

Do you think Richard Blais has a pet name for the creature on top of his head?

His toupee and Gordon Ramsey's luscious head of hair should procreate. Together they would make a gorgeous Chewbacca.

Edited by Leeds
  • LOL 1
4 hours ago, Leeds said:

Do you think Richard Blais has a pet name for the creature on top of his head?

His toupee and Gordon Ramsey's luscious head of hair should procreate. Together they would make a gorgeous Chewbacca.

Wait, What?  Richard is wearing a toupee?  I am so going to have to watch closer next time.  I had no idea.

5 hours ago, gaPeach said:

Wait, What?  Richard is wearing a toupee?  I am so going to have to watch closer next time.  I had no idea.

Oh, I don't actually know that it's a toupee; just lazy speculation because l find his hair so fake looking.

Gordon actually said something about Blais' hair in this episode or the next one - but, darn it, I can't remember what it was!

ETA: I think he said it was more Pina than Colada!

Edited by Such A Flirt
  • Like 1