Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E16: What You See Isn’t Always What You Get

DanaK
  • Start Topic

03/22/2023 (08:00PM - 09:00PM) (Wednesday) : Will and Nellie struggle to diagnose a patient with a rare disorder. CFD and Med staff work to free a paranoid father trapped in the MRI suite. Kai gets an ego check.

Why did Hannah chase after the irritated father?  He was upset after the baby was delivered.  He was perfectly within his right to walk or run out of the building.  He wasn’t her patient even. Why did chase after him?  Calling security to stop him?  Why?  He wasn’t doing anything illegal until she cornered him and he got defensive.  I found that whole thing bizarre.  She really irritates me most of the time.  

Im sort of surprised at the romantic side they are showing of Dr. Charles.  I can’t locate the actress’s name that plays Tatiana.  Anyone know?  

• Like 2

Dr. Marcel is so incredibly gracious. He refuses to say anything bad about Dr. Tanaka-Reed even when you just know he's cursing him in his head.

IMDB says that Liliana is played by Alet Taylor.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
5 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Why did Hannah chase after the irritated father?  He was upset after the baby was delivered.  He was perfectly within his right to walk or run out of the building.  He wasn’t her patient even. Why did chase after him?  Calling security to stop him?  Why?  He wasn’t doing anything illegal until she cornered him and he got defensive.  I found that whole thing bizarre.  She really irritates me most of the time.  

Im sort of surprised at the romantic side they are showing of Dr. Charles.  I can’t locate the actress’s name that plays Tatiana.  Anyone know?  

Wasn't the father waving around the pair of scissors Hannah gave him to cut the cord? I think that's why.

• Like 6
2 hours ago, Proteus said:

Wasn't the father waving around the pair of scissors Hannah gave him to cut the cord? I think that's why.

I’ll watch again, but I thought at first he was just trying to leave the room.  Plus, even if he did, better he vacate the room with a newborn and mother on the table.  Imo, she escalated the matter.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I’ll watch again, but I thought at first he was just trying to leave the room.  Plus, even if he did, better he vacate the room with a newborn and mother on the table.  Imo, she escalated the matter.  

He was racing out of the room with the scissors in a very agitated state. He could have harmed someone which is why she ran after him and alerted security. That would have been a normal response - he didn't just leave the room as he was clearly having some kind of psychotic break.

If it hadn't been for the conveniently (or inconveniently) placed MRI security would have subdued him easily and he would have been medicated and put on some kind of hold to determine that he wasn't a threat to himself or others.

I don't know how often it happens in real life but on hospital shows there is often a scene where someone goes crazy and someone subdues them with some kind of quick acting sedative. It is a cliche of hospital shows - this one twisted it a bit by having him trapped by the MRI

Edited by amarante
  • Like 1

Rewatched it.  While the father had the scissors in his hand inside the delivery room, he wasn’t trying to hurt anyone.  He immediately turned to the door saying I got to get out of here. He was fleeing not attacking.   Trying to keep him in the room which was escalating his anxiety seemed unsound, imo.  Instead of calmly letting him leave, then alerting security, she turned up his anxiety, imo.   And since the freak out in the delivery room, bringing her back into his presence was risky. Oh well, I’m surprised she could walk after delivering a 14 pound baby! Lol

The doctor thought he had eaten bad oatmeal?  Lol I think this was a first for hearing doctors pass gas in a professional setting.  Poor guy.  He may have to move to escape the teasing.  

I sure hope there is an immigration remedy for Dr. Quevous.  

So, who’s going to donate a kidney?  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 2
On 3/24/2023 at 7:16 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

Rewatched it.  While the father had the scissors in his hand inside the delivery room, he wasn’t trying to hurt anyone.  He immediately turned to the door saying I got to get out of here. He was fleeing not attacking.   Trying to keep him in the room which was escalating his anxiety seemed unsound, imo.  Instead of calmly letting him leave, then alerting security, she turned up his anxiety, imo.   And since the freak out in the delivery room, bringing her back into his presence was risky. Oh well, I’m surprised she could walk after delivering a 14 pound baby! Lol

The doctor thought he had eaten bad oatmeal?  Lol I think this was a first for hearing doctors pass gas in a professional setting.  Poor guy.  He may have to move to escape the teasing.  

I sure hope there is an immigration remedy for Dr. Quevous.  

So, who’s going to donate a kidney?  

That baby was gigantic!

• LOL 2
8 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Perhaps the largest newborn I’ve seen on a tv series. 

The soap opera General Hospital has done this twice over the past few weeks: huge babies born that are supposed to be newborns.