Type keyword(s) to search

S29: Kelley Wentworth

Tommn1
  • Start Topic

Marketing Manager

Relationship to Significant Castaway: Dale Wentworth’s daughter

Pet Peeves: Lazy people, overconfidence, not sticking to your word, bad drivers and angry people (get over it already!)

Official CBS Bio

I hope she's prepared to be peeved - often.

• Love 1

Well, I have to root for Kelly because she was my 'random' pick in my Survivor pool.  I usually try to read up on the contestants and give my top 5 choices, but didn't have time to do so this season, so authorized the organizer to random for me.  I hope she works out.  Wasn't heard from too much this first episode, which tells me she likely doesn't win (seems like the eventual winner is always highlighted or talked to in some way the first episode), but second or third place works for me too.

The curse of the Kelly - Kelley works too - lives on.

If that's your name, don't go on Survivor, you'll become invisible...... (owwwww - Halloweenish sound), even if you have cute dimples that we can remember you by, you will still be invisible.  

I think the curse started after season 1, but am not sure.

• Love 2

They tell a tale, in certain tropical places, of an angry spirit, still keening over her lost vote through failure to guess the correct random number.  They say her last, silent vow was that no other woman with her name shall be famous on TV.  Seldom is she seen, but they say you will know she has been near, for all women named Kelly vanish from sight.  At this sign, the old women of the village will be heard to mutter, "t'is the revenge of Wigelsworth."

• Love 7

Does anyone know more about her relationship with her father? If I remember correctly, from the first episode, she couldn't wait to leave the farm and at some stage she didn't talk with her father for 3 years. Can't say I necessarily blame her, but if anyone with more intel could chip in, that would be useful to understand more of this contestant - who's still very much a cipher to me: mastermind who knows when to shut up, play it cool, and let others do the legwork? puzzled contestants, à la Katie (Tina's daughter) from the previous BvW? (very nice person, as I see her, but not Survivor material)

I've seen both options discussed with valid arguments, and plussed them all because the arguments made sense, but I still need to see more to make up my mind :-) 

Does anyone know more about her relationship with her father? If I remember correctly, from the first episode, she couldn't wait to leave the farm and at some stage she didn't talk with her father for 3 years. Can't say I necessarily blame her, but if anyone with more intel could chip in, that would be useful to understand more of this contestant - who's still very much a cipher to me: mastermind who knows when to shut up, play it cool, and let others do the legwork? puzzled contestants, à la Katie (Tina's daughter) from the previous BvW? (very nice person, as I see her, but not Survivor material)

I've seen both options discussed with valid arguments, and plussed them all because the arguments made sense, but I still need to see more to make up my mind :-) 

TBH I don't really know the situation, from a quick glimpse at her twitter and instagram she's posted pics of her and her dad at Seahawk's games and they seem to get along. She's also posted pics with her mom and sisters, I think. From her cast profile she said they've had many ups and downs over the past few years and that she would love for this unique opportunity to improve their Father/Daughter bond. I remember in a video she said something about how she's a marketing manager but on the show her role is the farmer's daughter which I thought was interesting, it makes me wonder how much of them not talking for 3 years is true or if it's for the show. She and her dad both seem to have a love for reality shows in common and both of them talk about valuing hard work instead of having things just handed to them so until they clarify the situation it's pretty much a mystery :).

• Love 1

They tell a tale, in certain tropical places, of an angry spirit, still keening over her lost vote through failure to guess the correct random number.  They say her last, silent vow was that no other woman with her name shall be famous on TV.  Seldom is she seen, but they say you will know she has been near, for all women named Kelly vanish from sight.  At this sign, the old women of the village will be heard to mutter, "t'is the revenge of Wigelsworth."

But first the spirit reincarnated itself into the body of another Kelly who attempted to enact its revenge by posing its own "guess a random number" question. When this failed, the revenge of Wigelsworth took another form and rendered all subsequent Kelly's invisible.

But seriously, Kelley is the only person this season I am responding positively to. Like, at all. Which is sad because she is barely there. But I am getting such a snarky, confident and intelligent vibe from her that I want moar Kelley plz.

• Love 1

But I am getting such a snarky, confident and intelligent vibe from her that I want moar Kelley plz.

Her eye rolls are a thing of beauty. We have seen so little of her, but she really seems like someone who would be a real fun/entertaining personality, so I'm very surprised that she doesn't get more screentime. Then again, sexism, so I'm not that surprised.

I hope she becomes more prominent now, although I'm not very confident since she was still barely shown in the last ep despite being an important part of it.

Edited by peachmangosteen

She was a cutie. Although, she totally threw her father under the bus in goodbye at the end. She knows she doing Bood vs Water with him & then blames him for ruining her game. Probably true but she didn't have to say it out loud. LOL!!

• Love 3

I didn't like that either. Yes it's a game, and so you could argue her comments were just realistic about not wanting to play the game with her father. But he's also her father and I can't imagine he felt good watching that. She could have framed it a little better. And why didn't she try any other moves? It was just- yeah my dad sucks I wish I never came with him. 

My admitted bias is I like my father an awful lot and could never have said something like that on tv!

Kelley called in to Dalton Ross's morning show on Entertainment Weekly's Sirius channel this morning.  She was refreshingly candid in her opinions on some of her tribemates.  Nothing too mean, but she did admit that she had been gunning for John and she thought Drew was an idiot.  She also said that talking to Keith was like talking to a bump on a log.  She also said that she loves her father and had apologized to her father about saying (basically) that he screwed up her game and that he totally understood. 

I heard the interview, her alliance was with Jeremy and Natalie. I like that she's not afraid to express her opinions and after hearing the interview I dislike Missy and Baylor even more but can understand why Jon and Jaclyn voted how they did, however, if I were them I would have still sided with Kelley just because she seems more upfront than Baylor and she's already turned on Jaclyn before so why wouldn't she do it again. Then again, maybe I'm just biased because I too think Kelley's a cutie with nice dimples and I thought her facial expressions in the background scenes were made of awesome. I also agree with her opinion re: Jon, Drew and Keith.

Too bad she went out pre merge. Because she most likely won't get asked back again. I did like that she was candid and didn't get all phony about her (non) relationship with Drew. They weren't friends then & they ain't gonna be now. LOL!!

And all for nought.

Kimberstormer's theory holds strong for another season.

NutMeg's theory, I was just riffing off of that!

I was sad to see Kelley go (I feel like they spell it Kelly on the show?? but maybe I imagined that) because she seems cool and especially because I would much rather see her jackass dad go home.

• Love 2

NutMeg's theory, I was just riffing off of that!

I was sad to see Kelley go (I feel like they spell it Kelly on the show?? but maybe I imagined that) because she seems cool and especially because I would much rather see her jackass dad go home.

Aww, Kimberstormer, thanks for ther shoutout, but while I brought the theory, you made it a masterpiece with the haunting tale :-) 

I think it was mentioned preshow Dale is divorced from Kelly's mom and is remarried.
  • Love 1